“Good hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Pigeon Forge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2179 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Ranked #41 of 94 hotels in Pigeon Forge
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family stayed there the week of June 17, 2013. The rooms are quiet and it's clean. However, the week we visited, there was a softball team staying there and they had kind of taken over the hotel. There was never enough breakfast, and these young adults just kind of camped out in the lobby and breakfast area the whole time we were there. They were so loud that if you tried to converse with the hotel staff, you couldn't even hear the conversation. My biggest complaint with this hotel is that they allow smoking right outside the front door, so each time you come and go there, you walk through a wall of cigerette smoke. I would highly recommend to them that if they want to keep family business, they should build a covered smoking area across the parking area away from the front doors.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, ask to be put on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lincolnton, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I wish I would've reviewed this terrible place prior to staying. I was referred by a friend who had never had any problems, that seems to be the key here, if you have no problems they are good. We arrived and paid for our room, we got to the room to find no air on, the fridge not plugged in, etc. We called the front desk to be told the maintenance man was working on a bigger issue and it'd be an hour before they could get to us. The front desk man said to give it an hour to cool off....really in the heat of summer?? I had 2 children with me. They then brought up 2 box fans to cool off the room, the maintenance man did make it up soon after to change out the air conditioning units. He put in a 'brand new' one that worked the same as the other. We told the front desk that we paid for an air conditioned room and since they couldn't give that to us we'd like a refund and we would go somewhere else. We were told to contact the manager in the morning because they couldn't give us a refund.
We contacted them the next morning to only be told that the manager was 'unavailable' until 11, we called after that to receive no answer (they have caller id). My husband just called again to speak to the manager and was told, and I quote "we can see your number and will call the authorities". We are only trying to speak to a manager and you threaten us?? We already contacted the authorities yesterday, we will be contacting local news, and writing a review on EVERY site available. I'm also requesting 'my friend' not take her HOG group there anymore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HotelPigeonForge, Manager at Hotel Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
The a/c was working on low speed but not on high speed it was a new a/c unit.
The maintenance replaced it to an exact same model and it was also working on low speed not on high speed. It took the maintenance man 7 min. more to change the unit to a different model and the new model was working just fine. It was a factory defect on the other model.
This guest came in angry because of the traffic and we did everything we could to please them but we could not. They had a room with 1 king bed and there were 2 adults and 2 children. I do not know how they sleep at home but our room with 1 king bed is designed for 2 people, not 4 people.
We tried to please this guest but it is impossible to please some people.
We wish this guest better luck next time at another Hotel.
Sincerely!
Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. They just got some birds outside in a big cage. The staff is so friendly and the pool outside was so much fun. The college kids that stayed there seemed like a good bit of fun and told me about fun places around pigeon forge. Definitely would recommend!

-Michael

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed our weekend visit. The room was outdated but the view from our room was great and the staff was friendly and courteous. Upon checking in we were informed on all the things to do in the area. The hotel is decent for the price.

• Stayed July 2013
Bassett, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for my 40th birthday July 19th-21st, 2013. First impressions are everything and this hotel simply does not care. When I arrived to check-in, I asked about pool towels and they said I had to get them at the desk and so they gave me a couple. They were stained as if someone had used them to wash their vehicle and change the oil. I asked the gentleman at the counter if I could have two clean pool towels and he said they were all like that. I also asked him about wifi in the room because I noticed young adults sitting in the lobby on their laptops. I had been told when booking the reservation that wifi was available in the room. The gentleman at the counter affirmed that and told me the code was on my keycard. I got to the room and at first glance notice the bath towels were not much better than the pool towels. The curtain was cut in two places as if someone used a knife and gashed it 6 inches. Oh by the way, did I mention the wifi was out of range and when I did manage to get one bar it wouldn't connect to the internet. We left the room to go eat and so I stopped by to ask the gentleman at the counter about the wifi. He told me it worked but that he would reset it to make certain. I told him I tried three different devices (iphone, ipad, and Samsung Galaxy 3) but couldn't get on. He told me that the wifi was only for laptops and not "other" devices. Needless to say that didn't set too well due to the fact that was the one thing I made certain the hotel had when I booked it. I forget to mention also, but the a/c was off in the room and it was awful hot, 95 degrees outside and the fridge was off. Who cuts a fridge off????? They also rented the hotel out to live-in college kids. Nothing wrong with that, except the fact that they sit around in the hallways in the floor or laying on the floor and fill up the lobby on their laptops. Just saying, not what one would expect from a well run establishment. Anyway, I will not be staying here again and would not recommend this hotel to anyone. For the $$$, stay at Motel 6 or Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: To get a good room, stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Batavia, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The continental breakfast was tasty and adequate. The gentleman attending to the breakfast and the dining area was very attentive to keeping the area neat and clean, as well as keeping the food replenished. The bathroom was cleaner than most hotels I've experienced in this price range. The room, although the carpet was soiled, was acceptable, even though there was a slight musty smell. What was not acceptable was waking at 4am to find that the air conditioning had stopped working. Not wanting to get up and dressed appropriately for a maintenance person to come into the room at that hour I did not call to report it. A little after 8am we went to breakfast and my husband reported it to the person at the front desk. She said she would 'tell them'. Before 9am I returned to the room to complete work I needed to do before leaving to enjoy my day in the mountains. By the time I finished, I was sweating. We were on the top floor and it was a very hot day. When I checked out, I asked the woman working the front desk (the same one my husband had spoken with) if she would compensate for our discomfort. She said no, we should have reported it and it would have been fixed. I told her we had reported it and she said 'But you were checking out'. No. I still had the room another few hours before I needed to check out. She stated she had written it down. So again I asked for a partial refund of the room price. When denied, I told her I would write this review. She said, and I quote, "Write whatever you want." So I told her to watch for it and she replied, in an adversarial demeanor, something to the effect that her general manager would respond to it on here. General manager, what do you have to say? As for potential guests, stay here if you want, but the simple fact is that they did not fulfill their part of the rental agreement by providing an air conditioned room, and I was met with rudeness when I called them on it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelPigeonForge, Manager at Hotel Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience regarding the a/c unit. Since you did not report it until the morning of your check out day the maintenance did not get to it before you checked out. He changed the unit out that same day. If you would have reported it earlier we could have moved you to an other room immediantly so you would not have the discomfort from the hot weather.
Sometime it happence that an A/C unit goes out and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Sincerely!
Manager
Henryville, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

hello, we stayed july 5th - 8th. only one ice machine worked, the wifi was non-existant except in lobby and weak in the pool area. the area around the only working ice machine (on the fourth floor) smelled like bad B.O. the ATM was broke and the door to the stairwell nearest our room would stick so bad it almost needed kicked. the halls smelled musty, and carpets were dingy. the pool area had lights that were busted out and not working. now the nice things. the gentleman who checked us in was super nice and helpful, the bed were pretty darn comfy thou the sheets on one bed were put on inside out. this was our second time staying here. the first time it was well taken care of, this time I have to say it is in need of severe repair and remodel. i dont know if it has new owners? or what? but, value or not, this was our last time staying there. we loved it the first time two years ago but this time it seemed dirty and broken down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!