“Great Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Lynn Haven, Florida
“Great Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Pigeon Forge for two months this summer with my campus ministry. I was truly amazed by the welcoming service and hospitality the staff extended to us. Every time we needed a room key reset, they did it willingly with no complaints. When we had a problem with the bathroom, they fixed it as soon as possible. The rooms were comfortable and accommodating. Great overall experience. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The staff was very friendly and kind. The hotel is very dated and the parking lot was full of trash. The room was pretty clean, but the shower/tub wasn't real clean. My husband gets up very early and to our surprise there was no security there. He went down about 5:30 am and the desk had a sign up closed from midnight to 8:00 am. The door was unlocked so anyone could've walked in the front door because you didn't have to use your key. At 6:00 am all of the outdoor lights went out and it was pitch dark in the parking lot. We had reservations for two nights, but we moved to a different hotel the second night. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelPigeonForge, Manager at Hotel Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We have 24 hours a day security on the property.
He is monotoring the surveillance cameras. If you need anything we have a number you call and he will take care of any request you may have.

The timer for the outside light is set to 6:00am to turn the light off. I think we have not set the timer since the daylight savings time changed. We will turn the timer 1 hour more.
We do apoligize for this.
This could have easely been corrected if this guest would have spoken to someone about the light.
I guess we can not satisfy everyone.
Manager.
slater, south carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The check in process was painless and the staff was very friendly in offering the informaition we needed. Loved the breakfast deal that was offered as well and was kept stocked during the times of need. A great place for quiet off the parkway is what it is and close to everything still in Pigeon Forge. The only down fall we had was when we had dirty towels and wash cloths they went to replace them they didnt give us enough back in return. I liked that the staff was always at the desk when we came in and out of hotel as well with a smile on their face and ready to serve when needed or just to say "Hi" is good. Our stay was friends and family for the Rod Run not in the area that was needed for that but away from the road enough for the quiet part in time for the rest which was still good!! Great Job keeping the staff on hand as well to support all areas of need for this weekend as well!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have to make the reservations for my family for trips. We can not afford the fice star hotels so I look for independent ones that look good on the web. I call and see if they sound friendly. This one fit the bill. They gave me a very good rate for July and even helped me with ideas for my children to do. The desk clerks were very friendly.
I appreciated the breakfast in the morning. Sometimes the hotels can skimp on this.
They even recommended a seafood buffet for dinner and told us about the early bird special.
They also told us the best go carts for the kids.
We would recommend and we will be back in the fall.

Room Tip: Get one looking toward the parkway as you can see the action. If the kids want to pool, you figure...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bryson City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a great stay with our family. Enjoyed the mountain view, relaxing pool area, and friendly and knowledgable staff. Rooms were clean, affordable rates, included continental breakfast too. We will be visiting again.

Room Tip: Asked for the room overlooking the pool and mountain view!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gatlinburg, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've stayed many places in Pigeon forge and Gatlinburg. Everytime you just check in get your key and thats it till the end, Well not here. They are very helpful and assist you with local attractions and tickets. Almost like family. I felt at very relaxed here. Great view of the mountains with the viewing deck. I have now found my hotel to come back to each season where I know I will be welcomed.

Michael
Nashville TN

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brunswick, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I travel quite often. I have stayed in hotels that were $50 a night and ones that were $100 a night. I went to hotels.com and read the information they had on this place. It claimes it was a $100 night hotel with an awesome view, refrigerator and microwave in every room. Well no rooms have a microwave and if you like to watch traffic then you have a great view, and our room had no towels, no soap, front desk was rude. There are some wonderful hotels in Pigeon Forge that cost less money per night offer a refrigerator and microwave in every room and an AWESOME view of the mountains. I know I have stayed there. I would recommend Creekstone Inn for the creek view and the mountain view, Park Towers for a wondereful room (not good for the view but excellent room). I paid for a $100 night roome at Hotel Pigeon Forge i got less than a $50 room DONT GO. There are to many nice hotels in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg to stay here.

Room Tip: For nice rooms stay with Econo on the Parkway, Creekstone Inn, Park Towers all nice places to stay.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
This Lady booked through Expedia or Booking.com. (It is the same company). She made a fuss the firs thing when she arrived.
We tried to get her to leave and get expedia to refund her money. We never got a respond from expedia. She stayed 3 or 4 days. If the hotel is that bad as she describe I wounder why she stayed 4 days. We are situated on 4 acres on a hill, away from the parkway. So we do not have any trafic outside your room except hotel guests parking their car.
We do have mountain view on some rooms but if you do not book directly with us we can not promise you those rooms because expedia does not have that kind of options when you book the room.
We do have refrigerators and Microwaves in all rooms.
I do not know what this guest is refering to when she is telling all these lies.
She called up the front desk and asked for sheets because it was none on the bed?
When the desk clerk was delivering the sheet to the room the lady was laying on the sheets on the bed.
We tried to get her to leave but she did not want to.

I do hope this guest has a better experiance at an other hotel next time she visit this area.

Manager,

Been to Hotel Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!