“Great Value!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Kenner, La.
“Great Value!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed over the Thanksgiving Holidays and were very happy with the hotel and staff. Everything was clean and service was excellent. Even though this is an older building it was right in the middle of things and still removed from the traffic noise. It is up on a hill with an excellent view of the mountains from our window. The discount tickets from the hotel enabled us to enjoy our stay and still remain within budget. A five star hotel it is not, but if you just need a clean place to stay without all the frills, this is it.! I would definitely return to this place next time I am in the area. Very competitive pricing also..I also had a mini fridge in my room. No microwave though, but I did not miss it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed in a Jacuzzi suite and the room was big and very clean.
The price for the room was well worth it.
The location was perfect for us, we walked to Titanic Museum from the hotel.
We stayed in october and the view over the mountain from the viewing deck was spectaculer. The leaves had just started to turn yellow and red.
We will come back to this hotel again, and we recomend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Old Hickory, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Great family owned place to stay while in Pigeon Forge. This location is very clean and is family owned and operated. The owners were present daily on the property and were very kind and very helpful when questions arose about local attractions! This hotel is conveniently located close to any and all attractions. My family and I will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We booked a room for one night just to see if we liked the hotel. We left the next morning and found another hotel. The lobby was nicely decorated and looked remodeled however the room was a different story. Very outdated with old countertops and faucets. The pillows were cheap and very lumpy!!!! The bed was not comfortable. The sheets were stained and dingy. The towels were old and scratchy. The drapes in the room did not cover the entire window. The room did have a great view. The breakfast was horrible with old tasting donuts, and the gravy for the biscuits was as thin as water.

Room Tip: Check the rooms out first before reserving!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was clean and the staff was extremely friendly. They helped us withwhatever we asked for, directions, packages for attractions, etc... We went to a show and bought the tickets at the hotel. This saved time and money. Our kids liked the salt water pool. My wife loved the view of the mountains from the pool. We recommend this hotel for everyone traveling to the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area.
Mark from Charlotte

Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

The hotel appears MUCH nicer on the website than it does in reality.
After checking in my room, I noticed there was ice cream left in the trash can, pubic hairs on the toilet seat, long hair in the bath tub, there wasn't any toilet paper and the manager claimed he "forgot to clean the room."
While swimming, I kept noticing the manager standing in one of the rooms looking out of the window while I saw and laid out to tan. That was VERY creepy.
At one point during my stay, they shut the water off for an entire day and it ruined all of my plans that I had made so, I wasted a day of my vacation in a dirty hotel room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HotelPigeonForge, Manager at Hotel Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
The Manager does not clean the rooms and he does not care about the 14 year old young lady that was sun bathing by the pool. This girl was her with her grand parents and I do not think she has her story straight.
We unfortunatly had to turn of the water for 1 day and all guest were prenotified about the event.
Some times you can not help if you get a water leak, you have to repair the leak.
I feel sorry for her that she did not like the room and service.
Her grand parents was very nice and liked the room and did not have any complaints at all.
I think the grandparents are returning back next year.
Best Regards,
Manager
Sevierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Upon arrival, you can tell that this is an old hotel. I was afraid of the cleanliness at first glance, but once inside, it's not bad at all. It IS old.. so it needs a bit of updating, but overall it was suitable for a weekend stay. But what was most impressive was the friendliness of all of the staff. They are very eager to help in any way they can, and very warm and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area, but if you're looking for glitz and glam, you better find one a bit newer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Pigeon Forge? Share your experiences!