“First Time! Enjoyed! Great! Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Inn On The River to your Saves list
The Inn On The River
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2492 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #3 of 94 hotels in Pigeon Forge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Troy, Michigan
“First Time! Enjoyed! Great! Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a difficult time choosing the hotel that will meet my needs. Before I reserved, I used the tripadvisor for the reviews. It was rated 3rd and offered a good deal for the room I wanted. It was a little bit costly (for the review that I have read that it needs to be remodeled), but I took the risk because of the positive reviews. We stayed 4 nights the second week of July. We had the deluxe room with Jacuzzi and balcony facing the river. We enjoyed our stay because our room has the Jacuzzi. The first time we entered the room, it really smelled good and clean. The area of the room was typical to other hotels like Best Western, Hampton Inn etc. Without the deal, a little bit costly compared to Wisconsin Kalahari which has bigger area 2 rooms 2 bath with microwave, ref, fire place, sofa, safety box etc. For me, the size of the Jacuzzi and the area is a “triple A” rating. On the other hand, I was expecting Jacuzzi not jetted tub. The Jacuzzi produces more bubbling water, isn't it? We were expecting the real Jacuzzi. Also, one downside was the ref. It was small for the deluxe room. Next size of the ref would be a plus! I would suggest a microwave inside the room would make it perfect for the same price. There are hotels w/ inexpensive regular rooms that has a bigger ref and microwave ( we have check-in in one of the hotels I'm talking about after our 4th night in your hotel).You have only 2 rooms with Jacuzzi; it would not cost you a lot to have those added, isn't it? When everything was quiet at night, the room aircon was loud. The breakfast was better compared to other hotels we have stayed. I suggest you could change your menus every other day so guest staying for 2 - 4 nights have variety to eat. I'm sure you would be the best hotel. Valerie was nice and greeting us made a good customer service. When we arrived, opposite to most what I have read in the reviews, front desk lady was not friendly and not accommodating. When I ask something, I was expecting front desk clerk would be suggesting something to make our stay more fun. As what most of the hotels do when guest would check-in, front desk clerk didn't even tell us about the breakfast time etc (though I knew it) . She was dry to tell what's going on. She was a one questioned -one answered person. On the other hand, the last day we had, around 9:30pm (after we arrived from our walking adventures) we entered the lobby, the night shift lady was better, all smiles and greeted us. Also, she offered to take our pictures and it was a great feeling! We never ask her to help us but she offered her service. Thanks for that! Chlorine in the swimming pool area bothers us every time we crossed for breakfast. We never have a time to use the pool. We always arrived 9:30pm so pop corn was almost gone. I just don't know if you are refilling it but I didn't see anybody in charge refilling the popcorn. So, I guess you are not refilling it around those hours, am I right? We liked the location. It is conveniently located to all the attractions. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in the hotel. I would recommend your hotel to my friends. With your deals, I'm sure my friends and other people would love to try. So, it's up to you to improve and keep up the good work!

Room Tip: deluxe room with jacuzzi facing the river
Green Features: Over-all the hotel has clean environment. The hotel observed the environmental practices.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to read that you found us on TripAdvisor and decided to give us a try! I did look to see how you made your reservation and which room you stayed in, to be able to address all of your questions properly.

You stayed in on of our two Riverside Two Queen Bed Jacuzzi rooms. We do have eight Riverside King Bed Fireplace Jacuzzi rooms. We find that this seems to work out well as not everyone is interested in a Jacuzzi room. All of our rooms do have mini refrigerators and we have microwaves available upon request. Please let us know when you make your next reservation that you would like a microwave and we would be happy to have one delivered to your room.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed breakfast every morning! We do not alternate our breakfast items, but have over 20 items available every day to accommodate all of our guests.

We do serve freshly popped popcorn nightly beginning at 7pm; our guest services staff keeps the popcorn replenished until 10pm.

I am concerned about the service you received at check-in, we take pride in our guest services. It is possible that the clerk that checked you in was new, and perhaps still training. I am happy that you found this was not the norm during your stay.

Again, I want to thank you for reviewing our hotel and hope if I can be of further assistance, you will contact me directly at rebecka@myinnontheriver.com or 800.388.1727.

Rebecka Urban
Guest Services Manager

1,062 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Kokomo, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent, clean hotel. Our room, 120, sleeps 6 and literally the back door opens to steps of the outdoor pool and the front inside door opens to the indoor pool, elevator and around the corner ice, coke and door 3 to the outside. The beds are hard, I am a bigger gal and had a hard time sleeping, but my husband and kids slept like babies! I would suggest getting more pillows sent down and lay on them if you are the only big one in your family. The outdoor & indoor pool area is great, no water is over 4.5 feet. Plus on the ground floor you have access to the Little Pigeon River directly anytime you want. My husband and I sat outside on the porch while it was raining, it was beautiful.
The hot breakfast is amazing. You get almost everything you can dream of: eggs, homemade waffles, biscuits & gravy, sausage, toast, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, water, coffee, hot chocolate, banana muffins. Excellent breakfast. We had 6 people in our party and was able to eat at a table each morning about 8 am or so. No problems. They also have outdoor seating by Little Pigeon River. The nightly popcorn, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate was a welcome treat. We enjoyed our trip and we would return to this Inn again.

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor and on towards the Little Pigeon River. You can also order any extras ahea...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of The Inn On The River! We are happy to read that your family had a great time. We are looking forward to your next Pigeon Forge Vacation!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I travelled with my partner and our son to Gatlinburg and stayed in Pigeon Forge. We stayed In a room on the first floor that faced the river. The room had a nice little patio that we enjoyed every morning with coffee. The river view is such a nice treat compared to the busy street! There is even a path with feeders for the wildlife, which was great for kids.

The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and Brian went above and beyond. While eating our breakfast outside in the outdoor dining area, my partner noticed a door open to what looked like a maintenance shed. She peaked in and explained that a particular screw had fallen out on my son's wheelchair, making it hard for him to be positioned correctly in his chair. We had planned on finding a hardware store, but Brian was extremely friendly and very eager to help. His friendliness really made our stay extraordinary.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to recognize our great staff! We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you and your family again soon!
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night while passing through Pigeon Forge and thought this was a nice, inexpensive place. We had a room on the first floor with a view of the river and a tiny sitting area outside. It was quiet and comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The lady helping in the breakfast area was especially nice and eager to help. There are some restaurants and shops within walking distance and the hotel is conveniently located near the best attraction in the area ZORB-Pigeon Forge (DO IT). Overall, it was a good option for a one night stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
innontheriver, General Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I appreciate your TripAdvisor comments on your recent stay at The Inn On River. We try very hard to please each of our guest and are continually upgrading our guest rooms and public areas to someday reach a 5 star status If there is anything else we can do to improve your next visit please contact me directly at 800.388.1727 or karl@myinnontheriver.com

Karl Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here the night of our honeymoon. The staff is the friendliest hotel staff I have came on contact with.... It was very clean, nice bed/linens, view.
My ONLY possible issues was there was some little bug in the bathroom just one, no big deal. Electrical plugs are a little sparse. 2 at the desk, and a surge protector over I'm the corner of the room. Then the walls aren't very sound proof, you can hear everything that goes on out in the hall, and a lot of in the next room.

Over all it was great. Friendly, and very helpful staff really made it a great stay. Will certainly be coming back to stay again.

(And the free popcorn and hot chocolate is nice too)

• Stayed July 2013
R_Urban37863, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review of The Inn On The River! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Harrogate, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights the week of July 4th. We didn't have a reservation. The staff was very friendly and offered to let us look at the room before we checked in. The room was nice and clean. The mattress was comfortable. Our room was on the 3rd floor with a balcony on the river side. The carpet could have been cleaner. The breakfast bar was the best of any hotel I have stayed at. The only downfall was very crowded and it was hard to get to the food and around the tables. Nice touch was complimentary popcorn nightly from 7-10 pm. It was one of the better hotels we have stayed in. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel; I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at rebecka@myinnontheriver.com or 800.388.1727, so we can inspect the carpet in the room you stayed in. We have all of our carpets cleaned every month and will make sure the carpet in your room is cleaned right away. I appreciate your recomendations of our hotel and look forward to your next visit!

Rebecka Urban
Guest Services Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a room with balcony over looking the river. Nice room...pretty clean. Not a huge room but was good enough to meet our needs. Indoor swimming pool area had a very strong chlorine smell, but seemed nice. We didn't swim at all on our trip though. Outdoor pool also seemed nice and overlooked the river. We will stay there again because of the quality you get for the cost.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel; we hope to see you again soon!

Been to The Inn On The River? Share your experiences!