“Good for the money.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Easley, South Carolina
“Good for the money.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

For the price, I wasn't expecting a lot, but I was pleasantly surprised about some things, not so much about others. Our room (huge room, by the way) had a fireplace and a jacuzzi. It seemed pretty clean, but I always wipe everything down anyways. The jacuzzi was great, the fireplace pretty much worthless. There is a switch that turns it on and off, but there is nothing between. I understand why, but it was still kind of annoying. The tv was very outdated, as were some of the decorations, and although I understand what the manager wrote about the doors, the noise seemed very excessive. I had two big problems... I never could get the ac figured out. I would turn it down and it would take 10 minutes for it to come on, and then it was REALLY LOUD!!! Also, our room was on the 3rd floor right next to the elevator, and we heard it all night long. It would be nice if the rooms were sound proofed. The bed was pretty comfortable, the jacuzzi was great, the location was awesome, and the price was right, so overall, it was a good experience. And the breakfast? Wonderful. I was expecting bagels and cereal, but there was sausage and a waffle maker and fresh fruit... I ate something different every day.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
RamadaPF, General Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge North, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Thank you for your recent stay with us! We appreciate your comments as it helps us to improve our service to all of our guests. We hope you will visit with us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Unfortunately, I cannot share good impressions with this Ramada. I booked this accomodation via Hotwire.com, so I didn't know the place where I was going before the final booking was confirmed. After my arrival at the inn, the first room I got was nice located on the 3rd floor, but pretty loud due to the outdoor ventilation system right below the window. I went back to the front desk to change room, and I must say they were very friendly and I had no problem to change the room at all. In fact, they gave me the most quiet room in the inn - if the truck on the parking lot outside would have turned off his engine. Which he didn't as he was carrying food which had to be cooled all the time. Anyway, but I wonder why he was allowed to park his truck at the inn's parking lot at all...

When I entered this 2nd room, it was not only smelly, but also pretty dirty. The carpet had lots of dark spots, the bed cover had many curled dark hair on and various dirty spots on it, so did the bed linen. Even though i had a sleeping bag with me, I did feel extremly uncomfortable to spend a night or two in this bed. The bathroom wasn't clean at all either. Black dirt on the door frame, some hair in the shower (which I wouldn't have mind at all - that's already pretty common I think), but what I found very disgusting: the toilet was open to some kind of "show that it was cleaned", but you could now see all the yellow spots on the toilet seat. NOT nice!

The two chairs in the room were dusty, and I could hardly open the window. Once I wanted to close it, I had a hard time to close it at all. The rooms are extremly old fashioned, and I didn't want to sit on the dusty chairs or the dirty bed at all. So I had to find another location to stay overnight. I finally checked out before 9pm, without getting any refund as I booked it via Hotwire of course. It was a little bit sad that the front desk did not even ask why I was checking out already 2 hours after I arrived.

Well, I didn't have a good time there. The inn really needs to be renovated, and I wonder why the cleaning staff does such a bad job. This was the first Ramada it wanted to stay, and after this experience it will be the last one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for your remarks regarding your experience at our hotel. We strive to ensure that each guest has a clean, comfortable stay and regret that you did not. We apologize for failing to give you the best possible stay.
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I read reviews before booking this hotel. I was disappointed to find that the review about "slamming doors" was true. EVERY door in this hotel slams shut. All hours of day & night. We tend to view our vacation hotel as someplace to sleep between the fun. The beds are comfy & they give you lots of fluffy pillows, so the sleeping was nice. BUT, there isn't anything about this hotel that was AMAZING. It was all very average. Breakfast, ok. You get sick of muffins & waffles after a few days, but coffee was good. The staff seemed to bend over backwards to help. Especially the 2 guys working the late night, they are a riot!! Overall, clean & well kept. Couple of iron burn marks on the carpet, but even walking around barefoot in the room I didn't end up with "dirty feet" as in some hotels. Location ok, on the end of the strip, but right by a Trolley pick up if you want to do that.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
RamadaPF, General Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge North, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
Thank you for your review. Feedback from our guests helps us improve our service and our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. The doors are required to shut automatically for fire safety. The Pigeon Forge Trolleys are a great way to get from one great attraction to another. Hope you will come back and visit us soon!
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Ramada Music Road Area is located in the heart of it all. The breakfast area is small but the breakfast items are well worth it. The rooms are very clean and the front desk guys are the best! Hotel very budget friendly and well worth the stay. Would stay again without any question! Also an added bonus rocking chairs on the front porch

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate the great comments about our staff and our value. Hope you'll come and visit with us again. We love the rocking chairs too!
Winston-Salem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Hotel location is good, not hard to get to and close to restaurants and attractions, some within walking distance. Friendly staff. Room was clean and comfortable. Refrigerator in room didn’t stay very cold but I think it was because each time maid service turned off the wall switch after they cleaned room and it turned off the refrigerator. My kids used the indoor pool once but said it had too much chlorine in it but there always seemed to be plenty of people in the pool. Breakfast was very crowded but they did set up an overflow area down the hall to accommodate everyone and there always seemed to be plenty of food. Ice machine and snack machine on each floor but no pop machine. For drinks, you had to go to the lobby to purchase, a bit inconvenient. Elevator was very warm, no air. The price was good for what we received. Overall I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you had a good stay and appreciate your comments. We hope that you will return to Action Packed Pigeon Forge and allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We checked out of our suite at the Clarion in Gatlinburg because it was $170/night and run down with worn furniture and rooms. We checked into the Ramada for $60/night. The rooms were cleaner, and newer. We didn't get a suite, but had a considerably better stay here for the rest of the week. The pool was nicer, too.

While nothing stood out as great in this hotel, nothing stood out as bad, either. the service in the lobby was good. Internet was fast and free. Pool is clean and acceptable with a spa. Everything was clean and not necessarily new, but not worn or old. There are a lot of hotels in this town, and all too many are run down and old. The Ramada is a nice place to stay, and I will look here for reservations first, if I ever return to PF.

My only dislike was breakfast.... hard boiled eggs, toast, muffins, and biscuits and gravy and some green bananas and apples. It could be substantially nicer with just some better cut up fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage. This improvement would make the room worth an extra $10-20. We went out to breakfast every day, except the morning of check out.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
RamadaPF, General Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge North, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad your stay was enjoyable and we hope you will allow us to serve you on a return visit to Pigeon Forge.
Abingdon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

i took my parents and my children to pigeon forge every spring and we enjoy staying at the Ramada inn! my daughter and my parents as well as myself enjoyed the indoor pool and the friendly staff! the rooms are clean and we all enjoy sitting on the porch in the evening and watching all the traffic go by and chatting about the days events with a cup of coffee! thanks for the memories see you next spring!
S.Rasnake

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
RamadaPF, Manager at Ramada Pigeon Forge North, responded to this review, May 11, 2010
We appreciate your kind comments and your taking the time to give us a review. Sitting in the rocking chairs and relaxing is what we hope all of our guests will take the time to do! So glad you enjoyed it! We look forward to seeing you next spring.

Been to Ramada Pigeon Forge North? Share your experiences!