“Quite location, but.....” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, OH
“Quite location, but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The location is nice. Away form the noise yet still close and has a trolley stop. But no front desk, they are back in an office. They just seem out of touch with what is going on. Outside door were often open at the pool... I asked why, they did not know the doors were open. There is a sign over the kitchen sink where the Continental breakfast is prepared that said don't rinse mops in this sink. Which lead me to believe that they had a problem with that in the past. Creakiest elevator i have even been on. Overall nice facilities just very passive management.

Room Tip: lower the floor the better...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us in Pigeon Forge. We pride ourselves on being in the top 5 of all Mainstay Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Elk River, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We just needed a place to stay on the night before we got in to Asheville. Found this online for a very incredible price! Beautiful suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch. It also had a kitchen, full refrigerator and a deck! The staff was so courteous - true Southern hospitality. My whole family wished we could've stayed longer, by far our best find on our trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We truly hope you had a good Christmas season. Thank you for spending time with us and sharing your valuable comments. Our goal is to be "Your home away from home". Hope to see you in Spring or Summer of 2014.
Haysi, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Upon our arrival at Main Stay we was given room 217 2nd floor room at the end of the Hall, which was spotless. The room was very cold upon on arrival, went back and informed the front desk the heat wasn't working, they advised me the controls for the room was on the wall. I went back to the room changed the temp. controls and still nothing happened, my wife and I finally figured out the heating unit was unplugged, after we plugged the heating unit up the room warmed fairly quick. The fan going between the bedroom and living/dining room was a little loud, but worked great. We used the pool and hot tub, the area was clean very well kept. The complimentary breakfast was really good quality food, and the host was a exceptionally nice lady. I would stay with Main Stay again, but I do think Main Stay should insure the rooms are warm before guest check ins. It was a very unpleasant experience being at Dollywood all day and frozen from the cold weather and checking into a cold room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments about our property and yes your room should have been warm prior to you checking in. I will work with my housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. I look forward to seeing you back in the spring at Mainstay Suites
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We just returned from our stay. We arrived Thanksgiving and stayed three nights. We loved our suite and could not have been more pleased. The breakfast was very good, the location was convenient to everything. The staff was very friendly. My son and daughter enjoyed the indoor pool. We will be returning.. We loved our visit!

• Stayed November 2013
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and at Mainstay we want you to "Live Like Home" we are the hidden gem of Pigeon Forge. Thanks for sharing to all of the Trip Advisor friends your kind comments. Look forward to seeing you in the spring or summer.
Heath, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here for a pageant and the ballroom is beautiful! The hotel itself is very pretty and well cleaned. We didn't have any problems this stay. The only thing I think I may mention is that there are only 4 luggage carts and when you're with a gigantic group it's hard to get one. For breakfast they have cute bear waffles and many other options. It was fun.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are a great place for groups and our convention center will hold up to 300 people. Great for small business and family reunions also.
The pageant was a great success and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times and really love this hotel! It's a couple of blocks off the parkway, which means it's in a very quiet area but yet still close to everything. There's a beautiful creek area in front of the property and a large pool area in back. They have a kiddie pool, a large regular pool, and a small lazy river. There's also a nice covered patio area for outdoor meetings, reunions, etc. The hotel also has a large indoor pool and a hot tub.

The rooms are very nice with a separate sitting area with a sofa, and there is a kitchen with everything except an oven. There's a sink, full-sized refrigerator, stove top, microwave, and dishwasher. There's a snack bar type of table which divides the kitchen area from the sitting area. The queen beds are large (I've stayed in some hotels where the "queen" seems more like a double) and very comfortable. The mattresses are rather firm but are not hard; I think they are great. I cannot comment on the pillows because I always bring my own. Most rooms also have a balcony which overlooks either the pool in the back or the parking lot and creek in the front. The bathroom is a decent size - with the sink INSIDE the bathroom where it belongs - and you have plenty of room to turn around while getting dressed.

The breakfast is pretty decent. They had sausage, biscuits, gravy, make-your-own-waffle, boiled eggs (if I remember correctly), fruit, oatmeal, cereal, and a few other things. It may not taste like homemade, but it was still pretty good and filling. The staff was good about bringing more food out when things were getting low. They keep bringing food out right until the end of the breakfast time, so there is still plenty for late-comers to eat.

My church denomination has selected this hotel for all their Tennessee state conferences. I have been there for a couple of our retreats and was impressed with the conference area. We filled up virtually the entire hotel, so breakfast was crowded; but the hotel opened up a meeting room just down the hall for an overflow breakfast seating area. There was plenty of food for everyone, and plenty of seating in the overflow area.

The only reason I could not give this hotel 5 stars is that, even though the room itself is large, there is not a lot of space to put up your stuff. The dresser and the closet are just a bit small for two women sharing a room, and we had to get a little creative to find places to store some of our luggage. It works out ok, though, and it's not a big deal because we love everything else about the hotel. Also, the WiFi works pretty good; however, this year I had trouble with the old laptop I use for travel and could never get it connected to the network. It must be something in the network settings which is incompatible with my hardware. I also had a tablet with me on this trip, and it worked great. There is also a computer available to use in the lobby, although I noticed they need to run some updates on it.

Room Tip: A driving trip: explore the road which goes around behind the hotel; it's a good back route to...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We are so happy that you loved our hotel. Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction, we love having your group with us. Hope to see you soon.
Dallas TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We spent two nights in Pigeon Forge and this was like finding an oasis in the midst of chaos. The traffic was terrible on the main street and this hotel is several blocks off that street in a very quiet area. Our room was beautiful, with a full kitchen and plenty of room to enjoy. We had a balcony with a nice view and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was standard, but good. You have to be aware that you will be charged for use of the safe, but if you do not use it, ask them to refund it at the end of your stay. This was a small inconvenience and I think they should handle that differently. Such a nice stay that I hated to leave.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind comments about our staff and hotel. You are right we are just a couple blocks off the main strip on a 25 acre farm. We are so close to all of the fun and activities of Pigeon Forge but in a quite relaxing atmosphere. Thanks for staying with Mainstay Suites

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!