“Two day get away” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Two day get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel May the 24th and 25th. We really enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and the staff was great. I loved the pool area. We liked to so much that we are bring the family back with us for summer vacation in July. This place is just a little off the road but close to everything. Love it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for the great review and being our guest at MainStay Suites. Our entire team is thrilled to hear that you are planning your trip and bringing friends and family with you. See you in July!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Bristol, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This Hotel is AMAZING !! The rooms and service were exceptional. Very courteous staff. The breakfast was very nice, and the both pools, and the lazy river are great. The location is very quite, and away from the parkway. The hotel didn't seem like it was crowded at all. The only issue we really had was finding someplace that would deliver to us, everywhere we called stated they only deliver to the parkway, Thank God we called Genos. I am definitely planning to stay at this Hotel when I return. Oh almost forgot the pullout sofa bed was very uncomfortable, I felt like I was sleeping on springs.

Room Tip: We had the double queen suite, with pullout sofabed nice size room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thanks for staying with us! Your review of our hotel is much appreciated.
Waterford, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Getting off the main parkway in Pigeon Forge is FANTASTIC! We've stayed on the parkway as well and you can't escape the traffic. This place is connected to everything via back streets on the west side of the parkway.

Breakfast was good, kids enjoyed the teddy bear waffles. It was spring break and they opened a banquet room for extra space and it was very nice. You have to request yogurt if you want it, but they've got it.

Pool area was decent, but, as is the norm, very hot. They did have a few doors you could sit near to cool down. Workout space had one fully functioning machine, but there was never anyone in there, so I was able to use it. Outdoor pool area wasn't opened, so we didn't get to use it, they were in the processing of making some minor repairs and getting it ready to use. Looked like a good space, though.

Room was well-equipped and was exactly what we needed. The room had a small patio, but we couldn't get the door to open, so didn't use it. Bathroom had some minor issues but they were cosmetic.

This is a extended-stay type of place so you have to request maid service but they will do as little or as much as you would like. Staff were nice and helpful. Breakfast staff had a big job to do to keep up with the crowd but handled it nicely.

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Being on the first floor was a great idea for a family with small children, see if you can get a roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We are one of Pigeon Forge's best kept secrets with our location being just off the Parkway. Glad to hear you plan to stay with us on your next visit.
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This facility was absolutely a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. They are very roomy with kitchens. The property is beautiful. The hotel is off the main parkway but not far. It's a nice walk to the main strip. But with it being tucked back from all the traffic, it's very quiet. The breakfast was very good - cute bear shaped waffles. They have both indoor and outdoor pools. The staff were are so very friendly and helpful. Just quite impressed with the entire experience here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at MainStay Suites and for your wonderful review of our services and facilities. We look forward to hosting your next trip to Pigeon Forge. Thanks again for your generous review of MainStay Suites.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I've been here for a conference. The staff is friendly and helpful and the location is beautiful. I definitely will return! I really enjoy the creek and all the ducks! Suite sizes and set up are ideal for a conference or a familyvacation. The location has a country feel with close access to all the activities and sites of Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed April 2013
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for the kind compliments and for returning to stay with us at MainStay Suites.
Worthington, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights over spring break. Overall was above average stay. Price was right, area was great because you were off the beaten path and away from traffic noise but still easy access to the strip. Error in reservations through hotels com put us in the wrong room type but Phil the manager quickly remedied that. The staff was very friendly. Pool area was over crowded 90% of the time but if you are traveling with children I guess that would be okay plus its open late for people to that plan full days and want to go to the pool after. Rooms were updated and clean, bring shampoo as the one tiny bottle would not go far.

We had a queen bedroom suite as we were traveling with our daughter who likes to stay up later and we figured a separate sleeping area would be handy. Not so much! Thanks in part to the vent and the fan that was open to the "living room" it was as if there was no wall at all. Privacy was about the only good thing about the separate room. Bed on the sleeper sofa was un-sleepable as most pull 0uts are but this one proved to be less comfortable than sleeping on the actual couch, which she did. Mattress was firm and hard sleep on but I'm used to a medium density so that was part of it. Ample parking and improvements to the pool outside and common areas will make this a contender for value based hotels in this area. Would stay again if the rates remain reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing front have pretty balconies. Towards the back are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for bringing the booking error to our attention and allowing us to correct it. I am so appreciative that you chose to spend your spring break with us here at MainStay Suites and I look forward to you returning soon. Thank you for being our guest!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Pros: Was very clean, dayshift staff very nice, breakfast was good.
Cons: They did not tell me when I booked nor on my arrival that they would be having construction done. We had to listen to a jackhammer nonstop. They decided to do a fire alarm test without letting us know first. I was curling my hair in the bathroom and it startled me and caused me to burn myself. The alarm went on for 15 minutes and the sound was piercing and loud so I also had a headache for the rest of the day. (they comped part of our bill b/c of this)
Also, the hot tub was barely lukewarm and the "heated indoor pool" was cold. The pool was cloudy it had so much chlorine in it. 3 showers I still can smell the chlorine and my skin itches like crazy.
I sent my son to the desk to see if they could do something about the hot tub being cold and the lady @ the desk was rude to him and rolled her eyes at him. We immediately got dressed, packed and checked out early.
I called the general manager to tell him about my experience and he got a bit defensive saying "we have to periodically do fire alarm checks", which I do understand, but they could have been professional about it and let us know beforehand-maybe then I wouldn't have a nasty burn on my head. The only other thing I got out of him was he said that he would speak to the woman that was working about how she treated my son. He didnt seem to care whether or not we would be coming back, so we wont. I would advise those looking for a nice place to stay not to be fooled by a fancy looking exterior, this place is poor at best.

• Stayed March 2013
MainstaySuitesPF, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I thank you for calling me regarding your stay as I always appreciate the opportunity to speak with my guests about the quality of their stay with us at MainStay Suites. I apologize that our conversation left you feeling that I lack concern about your issues or your returning to our hotel, as that could not be farther from the way I feel. While we inconvenienced your stay with our growing pains of resurfacing the outdoor pool as well as the fire alarm testing, I appreciate your understanding the circumstances and acceptance of an adjustment on our behalf to demonstrate our regret for the issues. I certainly hope you will return as I noticed you highly rated our location, cleanliness, and suites. Thank you again for the opportunity to speak with you allowing me to use your comments and suggestions to improve the services and accommodations we offer.

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!