“Enjoyable vacation with great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Enjoyable vacation with great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We enjoyed the hospitality and the services provided by Jewel. We booked for one night and she kept us posted to if we could enjoy another nights stay. Jewel we above and beyond in he caring for us as her consumer then I have had at any other hotel or for that matter in any service providing business. She spoke to us by name and genuinely treated us as if she had known us for years. Unlike the normal services provide in the social media times we live in. The experience was refreshing and we will definitely be choosing the main stay in our future vacations due to the service we received.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for being our guest and letting everyone know about the exceptional service Jewel provided. We are proud to have her as part of our guest services team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Maryville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

...but still managed to enjoy our stay. As with most hotels, I recommend you bring your own pillow. Also, i was disappointed with the quality of the mattress...need to change them out. Internet speed was the worst I have experienced at a hotel in a while...I've seen faster dial-up! The tv is obviously not from this century as it is still a tube television although the pic was still pretty decent considering. Bathroom and kitchenette were both well equipped, clean, and functional. Spent most of our time at the pools with my daughter who loved every second in the water. The indoor pool was freezing, so luckily it only stormed once while we were there forcing us inside. The outdoor pool, kiddie pool, and lazy river were very enjoyable. The lazy river needs some real pool maintenance and cleaning as far as the tile, grout, and caulk. It appears the onsite maintenance crew took a shot at it and it turned out looking like the work of some kids in the craft room at VBS...in need of a good cleaning and repair, and it's only May! The cupola and dormer over the indoor pool are rotten, mold and mildewy, and falling apart as well as some of the soffit trim on the outside is gone and the soffit is falling. None of that affected our stay, just disappointed that they aren't maintaining the facilities any better. The grounds on the other hand are beautifully landscaped and well kept. I just hope they don't overlook the needed exterior building maintenance and let the place go.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Gnats were in the shower.
Next day a wierd bug was crawling in the showe, trying desperatelt to crawl out but kept sliding back down.
The water pressure was near a trickle - trying to conserve water which meant showers took way too long to lather up and rinse off.
Day 3 I was able to sleep in the sunken in and worn mattress only because I had been unable to sleep the previous two nights and I was just exhausted. Why am I still here? A weeklong business meeting - not happy. C'mon Friday! Yuck.

• Stayed May 2012
MainstaySuitesPF, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for letting me know about these issues. In reviewing our housekeeping and maintenance log sheets I have no reports of the instances you described, however I will personally check on the issues you have mentioned and see that they are corrected. I am also seeking to personally meet you and do whatever I can to quickly remedy the problems. Since you are scheduled to depart within an hour of this posting I might miss the opportunity to connect with you, but will do my best. I appologize that your stay was effected by what sounds to be simple maintenance issues. Thanks again for your feedback so we can work to correct the issues.
P Campbell, General Manager
Cullman, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My larger family stayed in one of the suites that could accomodate 6 people. We were very happy with the cleanliness of the general area of the hotel and specifically of our room. The breakfast selection and quality was great, even for my daughter with milk allergies. The kids enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool. The only drawback to the hotel, in our opinion, was the elevator which seemed to need some maintenance. It was shaky and very slow. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Rome, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We visited this hotel in the fall of 2011. We were pleasantly surprised at the convenient location of the hotel - just off the main highway through town. We had a "suite" which included a living room area, kitchen with stove, sink, refrigerator, dishes, towels, dish detergent, etc. and a bedroom with a door that closed it off from the living area, as well as a nice bathroom.

The hotel provided a good quality free breakfast which always helps cut the cost of traveling. The rooms were exceptionally clean, had a great view of the fields surrounding the hotel, and the staff was professional but friendly and polite.

We recommend this to anyone wanting a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pastures/fields to the side of the hotel, also a room on the top floo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Corryton, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Our stay here was exceptional and awesome. The staff was nice and really helpful, the rooms were clean and big. the beds were great. and it was a very great location. The suites are the perfect size and they had a small kitchen with a stove and a refrigerator. The room was in a separate room and it was a pretty decent size. everytime I stay in Pigeon Forge I will definately stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Harbor Beach, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Before I begin, I must say, that the Pigeon Forge area can get VERY crowded and a hotel that is about a mile away from town is great. I guess I'll start with the rooms. They are well designed, with a bit more than average amount of space (there is a small kitchen area with a stove and full fridge). The balcony is...okay, but honestly, I don't care for the view. The beds were average, but they did slip on the amount of pillows they gave us. The Wi-Fi there is terrible, DO NOT COUNT ON IT. I was very unhappy with this, thank god I had 4G.

Pools:
I'll start with the bad. The indoor pool stinks and needs a remodel...NOW. The walls and celings are peeling and the smell is terrible. The outdoor pool is very good though. They even have a kid pool (1 ft. deep). They did have a lazy river, but it was very slow, narrow, and short. Not a suprise, but not "lazy river quality". Overall, the pools are okay, but defanitly not up to par.

Breakfast:
I'm going to tell you know to make sure to get up at 7 AM. Get your breakfast and if you're still tired, go back to bed. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL LATER THAN 7:30. There is simply no seating. The breakfast is your typical waffels and sausage deal. The breakfast was really good though.

Other than that, the experience was okay, well worth the money, but there are better places to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are the best.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!