My wife and I found this place and, braving the low rating, booked it for the good price.
It doesn't look terrible from the outside, they've definitely updated the front although the rest of the hotel looks a little shabby.
The women at the front desk were friendly and personable and we had no problems there.
This place is weird- I could not find the ice machine so I went to the front desk to ask, thinking maybe there was one there. She said it was down in the corner at the end of the first floor. Apparently there's one ice machine for this entire 3-story hotel? There is also only one elevator, clear at the back of the hotel.
Our room was decent, actually appeard to have been recently painted, but the bathroom looked like crap. The walls appeard to have been fixed and repainted with different color paint. The toilet rocked on its base, the tile along the base of the wall was broken, and the tub looked pretty old.
Beyond that I really can't complain about the room as it was fairly comfortable, the pillows were lumpy but I didn't really notice that much. I can't comment on room service as we did not have them come in while we were there.
The free breakfast is OK. The best thing about it is the waffles. The biscuits are premade, very dense, and very dry. Probably would be better heated, I didn't do that. The gravy is OK. Everything else looked like standard continental breakfast fare...apple juice, OJ, cereal, prepackaged pastries, etc. We only ate breakfast there one day, we also went next door to the pancake house right across the parking lot and it was very good.
One nice thing about this hotel is that it is almost directly across from the new development called The Island- which has a Mellow Mushroom and Timberwood Grill, and is soon to have Ole Smoky and a Margaritaville. Very easily walked to, my wife and I checked it out and may stay here again just for the easy access!
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Pigeon Forge Hotel
- Days Inn Pigeon Forge Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Days Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, Location Location! We are right in the heart of Pigeon Forge at the Island traffic light -on the trolley line and walking distance to restaurants, shopping and attractions. Start your day with our free hot breakfast and relax in our outdoor pool after a day of Smoky Mountain Fun. Spacious rooms all offer Refrigerators, microwaves, free WIFI and your choice of one king or two queen beds. Need tickets or area info? Our super friendly team is here around the clock with ticket deals and tips on how to make the most of your Pigeon Forge vacation! Ask about our whirlpool suites with fireplaces for the ultimate romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn Pigeon Forge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.