“Won't stay here again.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Island Drive Lodge

You added Island Drive Lodge to your Saves list
Island Drive Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2760 Parkway, PO Box 1230, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 (Formerly Days Inn Pigeon Forge)   |
Ranked #61 of 93 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Birch Run
“Won't stay here again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We just recently stayed with this hotel and I was not impressed at all. First of all we booked our reservations in January and we had 2 rooms. We requested for adjoining rooms and a room away from the side the go cart track is on. I had called and talked to the staff a couple different times and every time I did none of them act like they really knew what they were doing. The second time I spoke with someone was to change 1 of the 2 rooms to arrive 1 day earlier. And I was very clear that it was only 1 room arriving early. About 2 weeks before arriving the hotel itself called because they only could find 1 reservation and was wondering why we requested adjoining rooms. They finally found them both and had both arriving the day early. After getting that fixed I confirmed our requests once again. Well upon arriving we are informed that we won't have adjoining rooms and our rooms were on the side with the go cart track. I understand not getting adjoining rooms but she tried to tell me she did not have the request of being away from the go cart track after it was confirmed 3 times prior to that and was on my confirmation. So after about 15 minutes they got us a room away from the track. Needless to say we didn't wanna be by the go cart track cuz of noise. So at about 4am we hear a bunch of loud noice outside. It was so bad it woke everyone up in my room and my husband had to get up and look out the window. They were empting the dumpsters outside our window. This happened twice during our 5 day stay. If we didn't want the noise of the track until midnight, we definitely didn't want this noise at 4am. The rooms are not cleaned very well. Upon arrival we moved the desk out to use the plug and found tissues and a empty bag of chips. The first two days I left the housekeeper a tip but after that I refused too. As I said before we were there 5 nights and never recieved new cups at all in the room. One day we come back and they had just thrown our personnel pillow on the floor. The second room we had, upon arrival, they didn't have any tissue or cups in there rooms. There are plenty of hotels in the area, so next time we come I will definitely be looking for a new place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Brooklyn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Our usual hotel we've stayed at before in Pigeon Forge didn't have any rooms available, so we thought we'd try this Days Inn. The place didn't look too bad upon checking in on the afternoon of Tuesday, April 3rd. We asked the clerk for a room on the top floor in a quiet area, away from the highway. Our room looked fine, except for the table and chairs were missing. We had to wait for them to send someone up who moved the set from the next room into ours, with my husband's help. That evening we went to one of the many great country shows in town and returned to our room at 11:00 p.m., ready for a good night's sleep, which wasn't to happen. At 4:40 a.m. we were awakened to what sounded like construction equipment right outside our room. It was so bad I got up and looked out the window to see a garbage truck emptying dumpsters! Up to that point, we were thinking of staying another night, but this event quickly changed our minds. We were disgusted and my husband complained to the front desk, who said they were sorry that happened but offered nothing. We travel several times a year, and this is the first time we've ever experienced this. We belong to several hotel reward programs, and on the rare occasion we've had an issue, we were offered extra points or a discount on our bill for inconveniences, but not here. Also, the breakfast was horrid - worst coffee of our three-week vacation, and nothing there was fit to eat. There's many hotels to choose from in Pigeon Forge and we'll try another one next time, that's for sure.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Centre, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

very good breakfast,office personel pleasant and helpful. rooms were average ,clean,restful,very good for the price.

Room Tip: get 2nd or 3rd floor room facing the street for best morning light
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

This hotel has a good location. Good pools. Good breakfast. Room was large, very large...but missed the mark. It was ugly. Not dirty, just ugly. It was clean and roomy but had no personality what-so-ever. The walls were painted yellow and just boring. The staff was only marginally helpful. It was a decent price but I had to ask where my AAA discount was. This was when I checked out and they did put it back on my card that got charged before I checked out...hum. Will probably go back to Shullar Inn next time. They are consistently good and treat you like you should be treated...even if you're a smoker.

Room Tip: This is a little bit down the strip from Theater Row. If you're into the shows you might want t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012 via mobile

Below average. Mold in the bathroom, paint flaking off wall. Thin walls. Dingy towels.

• Stayed January 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011 via mobile

This was the third time my husband and I had stayed at this Days Inn. It is in a great location. The rooms are very nice. We will be staying here again next time we come to Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed December 2011
Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn for 1 night while I was visiting my mother in-law (booked 4 nights), and I will never stay in a hotel again. The rooms were okay, and the breakfast was good. But I had Cash&Jewelry taken out of my satchel while we were gone to my mother-inlaws house. I came back to my hotel to take a shower & I grabbed my satchel out of my luggage & it was empty. When I told the front desk manager I knew somebody went it my room and I was calling the police, she got all defensive saying "I know none of my staff would ever do that," "and alot of people do this to try and get back a refund when they are broke." (not to mention none of the hotel staff spoke english except the girl at the front desk) She didn't even care to look at the security cameras to see if somebody went back into my room while I was gone (because it was cleaned while i was there, so they shouldn't have went back in there IMO) ,But the police did take the security tape from her. I had my husband & 2year old daughter with me and we didn't feel safe in the room, so we left our hotel and checked out ASAP with no refund and our spending money gone. Never again. Do NOT stay at DAYS INN PIGEON FORGE!!!!!!! I was hoping to have a nice Thanksgiving weekend with my In-Laws and staying here ruined my whole vacation!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Island Drive Lodge? Share your experiences!