“Excellent Tea” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 140 restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dayton, Ohio
“Excellent Tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This barbecue isn't a super smokey taste which I prefer. I had pulled pork sandwich, green beans and Mac & cheese which were perfect portions. The sweet tea was excellent and our waitress was great, very friendly.

Visited June 2013

66% Recommend
Birmingham, Alabama
“Lots of Options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Bennett's is a restaurant I have ate at since it first opened in Pigeon Forge. However, it is not a "Mom and Pop Restaurant," so I expect food at Bennett's to taste like a chain restaurant. However, what keeps me coming back is their soup and salad bar as well as their coupons. Kids' meals are various in quality and price, as one of my children ate a plentiful pork sandwich while the other child ate the smallest thigh and chicken leg I have ever seen. Thankfully, I ordered the Sloppy Joe Sandwich with two sides, both purposely ordered to suffice our children's appetites when their meal was not enough to fill their hunger pain, with one trip to the salad bar. Children choose between French fries, raw carrots, and chunky apple sauce. So, when my child did not like the taste of the French fries, he got to eat my baked beans. When my child who had to eat the tiniest chicken leg and thigh ever served was not full from his meal, he got to eat my macaroni and cheese. I don't know why children cannot choose between a variety of sides, but in our case the salad bar provided a perfect completion to my Sloppy Joe Sandwich meal. Service was orderly, quick, and sufficient. However, if not for the soup and salad bar, I do not know that I would return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MD
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The homemade chicken salad and apple cider dressing was really yummy. Barbecue was moist, tender and delicious. As usual in this area, staff was really friendly. Prices are great, too. Very family friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Worst BBQ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

As we walked in we were greeted pleasantly, asked to sit outside on the patio & were told it would be a moment, even though there were only 3 sat out of 12 tables. Then got to listen to a delightful conversation pertaining to personal events of the night before between 2 employees & another scolding another employee on how to clean the restroom. Michael was kind but very slow, a table behind us of 6 people were waiting for their food when we were sat, placed our order immediately & their food & ours came at the same time. Beef brisket was the worst i have ever had (& I smoke & eat a LOT of BBQ), absolutely no smoke ring. Ribs were decent, but nothing to write home about. Smoked chicken was decent but eat it fast while its hot, it dries out quick. the coleslaw sucked, I am a human not a horse & it tasted like field grass, t-shirts were cool but would hate to falsely advertise. Would not recommend. There is a little blue & white house at light 3 in Gatlinburg, left ON 321N,on the right side by the Salt & Pepper Museum,yall will smell the smoker, second best beef brisket ever with its smoke ring"dang", & second best sauce to my own if you want good BBQ & the pulled pork was amazing & priced very well. The florida boy

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
“Good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The food was really good coming from someone that doesn't like pork that much. We had the pulled pork which was delicious. The service could have been a little quicker but all in all it was good. Unless you really like BBQ it's a little pricey for what you get.

Visited June 2013