“A Flea Bitten DUMP!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 94 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Tampa
“A Flea Bitten DUMP!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

I just got back from Pigeon Forge after visiting my brother who lives there and camping in the Smokies.
My first hotel I stayed at was the Family in South which is located at the far end of Pigeon Forge right before the pass to Gatlinburg.

I never had thought in any sense to have to inspect rooms before I check in, never in my worst imagination or history would ever lead me to have to but now...every time.

When you register it has a place to initial that states NO REFUNDS. Who does that unless there is a history.

The rooms was cleaned but run down, cracks on the walls, exposed wiring and flea's. No BS and I have pictures.

One huge complaint is coming back from my brothers at night was a drainage hole in the middle of the driveway entering the hotel which I did not notice before. I drove right into it ripping my front bumper from my brand new 2009 Toyota Corolla. After complaining to the manager she said that they were not responsible for anything from the telephone pole to the street. My response was that it leads into your business and there are plenty of scars around the hole to prove that it's happened MANY times before but she insist that no one has complained before.

I have pictures of this as well. This is for a fight that will be later.

Being I could not get a refund I had them transfer me to another Family Inn up the road which was not that much better. There it seems that EVERY door was jimmied at one time and I literally open the door with my car key by pushing the door forward and using my key to pry the lock. As well I came back one night to find my door unlocked after the cleanup crew redone our room.

Also, and I have pictures, the Tennessee health department shut down their swimming pool. I mean WTF?
I have no desire to even step foot in Pigeon Forge much less use another Family Inn. EVER!
I checked out after my meager stay, went camping and went to an Econo Lodge with a water slide after that, of which I was very satisfied.

NB

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
jacksonville fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We got to the hotel arounf 9:30 at night the first room they gave us had not even been cleaned trash on the floor beds umaid and the room had foul odor. So they sent us down to the twin malls location to try to do better wrong there was mildew on the elevator and in the room same foul odor needless to say we did not stay there. Suggest you do not either just plain nasty

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dothan AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

We were traveling from Alabama and were very tired. We dropped into this hotel and I'm glad we did. It is under new management and they were great. I felt like they had known me all my life. There were two real nice ladies there and the Manager and they gave us 10 dollars off the normal rate. The room needed the carpet cleaned but it was a wonderful experience the pool has new furniture and was nice. We will definately be back

• Liked — Friendl;y Staff
  • Disliked — No Internet
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Family Inns of America South? Share your experiences!