“Good home style cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: American
San Angelo
“Good home style cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

While visiting family in Paris, we went to Southside Cafe based on other Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. My husband and I ordered one of the daily specials, Stuffed Peppers... Kind of like meatloaf stuffed green bell peppers with a tomato sauce on top. Our family calls this place a "Meat and 3", meaning you get your choice of 3 side dishes with your entree. I really enjoyed my purple hull (black-eyed) peas; also had a double portion of broccoli and cheese (slightly overcooked). My husband got purple hull peas, white beans (he said were very good) and broccoli and cheese. The meal also include cornbread or roll, and beverage, all for only $6.00! An excellent meal for the money. And the cornbread was the best I've had in a long time--slightly crisp on the outside, like it had been cooking in a hot cast-iron skillet. It went very well with our peas/beans.

And dessert...oh my goodness...they had the best homemade pie! We ordered lemon icebox, strawberry and coconut merengue. The lemon was the perfect blend of tangy and sweet. The strawberry was topped with real whipped cream. And the coconut was freshly made and still slightly warm, making the pudding/custard-y insides so delicious.

We went at 11:30am on a week day, as we'd heard that parking was crazy come noon time. Understandably!

If you enjoy a good country meal at a fair price, you'll love Southside Cafe! I would definitely go back.

Visited April 2013

Paris, Tennessee
“Great Food, Excellent Service, Great Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I recently stopped by the Southside Cafe for dinner after hearing all about it. I can't say enough about the friendly service, great catfish, and excellent prices. The portions were very big for the dollar spent, and the waitresses couldn't do enough for you. I love coffee and you usually have to beg a waitress to fill your cup. Not here. I had 4 cups that night and didn't have to ask once for a fill up. O'h yes and the homemade desserts are very good. If your into pancakes I hear the portions are so large usually you can only eat one.

This is one restaurant were you feel the owners and employees really appreciate your business.

Greg Fassler

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SouthsideCafe, Owner at Southside Cafe, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review!!
Middleton, Tennessee
“Friendly Service and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Was looking for someplace to eat lunch while in Paris Tn, and came across Southside Cafe. The parking was very full for a place off the main roads. Wife and I ordered the plate lunch. While waiting on the food, my wife was cold and told the waitress. She was very nice and turned up the heat. I enjoyed the plate lunch (meat loaf). It was very good home style cooking and at a reasonable price. Our waitress, Amanda, was very nice. Next time through Paris, I'll be sure to go back and eat there again!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
small town, Tennessee
“GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE! So glad we found this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

While staying at Paris Landing with family members, the inn restaurant was closed. We were looking for a place to have lunch and really wanted a place that had home style cooking. I called the front desk and spoke to a very helpful staff member who told us about a few places, one of which was Southside Cafe. After looking at the yellow pages ad, it looked like the kind of place we might want to try. I called the cafe and they gave me what was going to be offered on the plate lunch that day and it sounded good. So following directions we made our way to the cafe. Upon arriving, the parking lot was full ( a good sign) especially for a place which seemed to us to be out of the way. We walked in and seated ourselves at a large table and began to decide what to have. Looking at other people's plates there were several things that looked good. My husband & I ordered the plate lunch. Another couple ordered hamburgers and the other couple ordered the fish. While waiting on the food, we were cold and told the waitress. She was so nice. We soon noticed it getting warmer and more comfortable. We all enjoyed what we ordered and the price was very reasonable. Our waitress, Amanda, was super nice and attentive. It was a very pleasant experience. I am so glad I called and asked the front desk because I don't think we might have found it on our own. We visit the area a few times a year and have never been happy with the choices of places to eat until now due to either the food not being what we wanted or the prices too high. Now we know where to go when in town. We also want to try their breakfast some time.

• Visited February 2013