“GROUPON USERS BEWARE” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 8 Attractions in Ocoee
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: High Country Adventures has been rafting on the Ocoee River since 1978. We offer trips on the Middle Ocoee with up to Class IV rapids - The Class III and IV rapids tumble down 269 feet during the course of the 5-mile ride, which continuously traverses such colorfully named stretches at Double Suck, Tablesaw, and Broken Nose. The rough-riding waters flow through steep, scenic gorges lined with pine forests before paddlers take on the last ferociously frothing waters at Hell Hole.For those feeling even more adventurous we offer full river trips that include Class V rapids and the Olympic Course from the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games. High Country Adventures also offers cabins, campgrounds, caving & rock climbing trips as well as a low ropes course great for team building. We look forward to helping you plan your adventure!
Atlanta
“GROUPON USERS BEWARE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have generally been satisfied by my experiences here, but want to issue a warning: If you are purchasing GROUPONs for this place, you can only use one at a time. Don't make the same mistake that I did and purchase them for your whole family and then get stuck with Groupons that you have to redeem later just to get your investment back. I know, I know, it's my fault for not reading/believing the one per visit, but there are plenty of competitors that are just as good as this place and offer more family friendly Groupons. I will not be returning once I finish redeeming these.

Visited August 2012

Bainbridge, GA
18 attraction reviews
“Long Wait time and crowded raft”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was disappointed with this. We were told to arrive at 1:30 for our 2:00 raft trip. We did not get on the bus to leave until 2:45! We weren't on the water until closer to 4. There were 7 people total on the raft including 2 really large guys. They really crammed everyone in. It made the raft heavy and not as exciting as other rafting trips I've gone on. The life jackets all smell very mildewy.

Visited July 2012