“Great Rafting Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 8 Attractions in Ocoee
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Cherokee Rafting was one of the first companies to begin rafting the Ocoee River. Our company started in 1978 as a family-run operation, and still running strong today. Guests love our rough cut, hand-constructed outpost/store located along Hwy 64 just outside of the Cherokee National Forest and Chilhowee Mtn. Our goal is that every guest of Cherokee Rafting will leave with the desire to return with family and friends. We specialize in all sizes and types of groups, including: church youth and young-at-heart groups, association groups like scout troops and rotary clubs, in addition to business team-building groups.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great Rafting Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This was a family trip and the first time on the Ocoee. We did a full river trip and we had a blast.. Our guide was Katie and her knowledge of the river and her enthusiasm for her work were inspirational for all of us. We hope to return to the Ocoee this fall and will definitely use Cherokee Rafting and request Katie as our guide

Visited May 2014

“Best trip on the ocoee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

From the start to finish it was a blast. 2nd time on the Ocoee, 1st with cherokee and I won't use another outfitter. My guide was Katie and I would definitely recommend her for everyone. The way all the guides and rafters on all 5 rafts interacted with each other made it that much more fun. From surfing, 360s, rock jump and purposely flipping boats, there was always safety measures in place. I had a blast and so did the rest of our group. Cherokee rafting made sure my experience was A+++.
And best sandwich I have ate in TN.

Winchester
“Awesome Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing time rafting with Cherokee. We've rafted with other companies, but Cherokee was by far the best. All the guides were experienced, informative, but most of all fun. Our guide Katie was a blast, and we would highly recommend her. Cherokee rafting is definitely the company to choose!!!

Visited May 2014
“Exhilarating, Amazing and totally freakin awesome....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have been down the Ocoee (upper and middle) several times over the years being from the area. I have chosen seveal different outfitters to guide my trips and i have always came back to Cherokee Rafting. Groupon here, Half off depot there, the trips with the other companies were mediocre. When i raft i want a thrill , a great experiance, to learn about the river and to know my guide is the best out there. I have found all this at Cherokee Rafting. These guys are the only outfitter i choose for my trips (about 5x a year) and the only ones i recommend. I am not saying the other guys are awful... I am saying that if you truely want to experiance the awesomeness of the Ocoee, Cherokee Rafting will exceed your expectations.

Give these guys your business and i promise you will walk away amazed and be ready to plan your next trip with them again!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Favorite of the Ocoee Rafting outfits!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

From calling up with stupid questions to waving and driving away, we had an excellent time. I spoke with Blake, who ended up being our guide, and he was knowledgeable, patient, and hilarious. He assessed the level of competency in our raft and adjusted accordingly, and since everyone in the raft had experience, he ensured that we got _more_ experience. =) Can't wait to book my next full trip with Cherokee!