“Disappointed stay after reading the great reviews” 2 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Carolina
“Disappointed stay after reading the great reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband had to go to Oak Ridge for business so I tagged along. The reviews were good for this hotel so we booked one night. We were both greatly disappointed with not only the hotel but area in general. The only place to eat in the area is an Applebee's. The hotel is older so they've done updates like contemporary decor in the lobby and rooms. The only thing this hotel has going for it is cleanliness and good customer service. While sitting in the lobby for an hour waiting for my husband to finish business, there was a large number of employees walking through the area. Either they take great pride in the cleanliness of the place or they have nothing else to do because as far as patrons of the hotel goes it was completely deserted. We ate at the restaurant on the premises called Burchfield's and it was mediocre at best. Would never eat here again. I'd rather grab fast food. If you have to travel here for business I'd look into the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn across the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that you found our property to be clean and that our staff was friendly and helpful to you. Our main concern is for all our guests to have an exceptional stay with us. I apologize if you thought that our food quality was below par. I can assure you that our guests' satisfaction is always our main concern and will definitely share your comments with our Executive Chef and his team. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

I hope you will give us another chance to serve you, if you should travel back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and we sincerely want all of our guests to be happy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I travel to Oak Ridge several times a year and I have for the quite a long time. This has provided me the opportunity to stay in most of the hotels in town. The DoubleTree is by far the most comfortable and has the best customer service of any that I have experienced. It is always my first choice for lodging!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Great place, best bedding just like home; staff treats you like friends and family; fun bar with great restaurant so while on business one does not need to leave the facility. Easy access to knoxville TN region for your guess or business meetings to gather formally or informally.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the pool back side for quiet sleep AND view of pool and mountains. Floors 4 &a...
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel was fine, but the front desk was rude on check-in and could care less about the check-out. The only great thing about this place is the restaurant! The food is amazing!! They served crab cakes which may me believe I was in Maine. On Sunday, is a wonderful brunch with a chef serving prime rib, ham, creamed spinach with Potates, several other vegetables, fabulous salad and dessert bar. The chef is the best. He also serves a breakfast bar with made-your-way omelets and crepes. My rating for the restaurant is 5/5. The hotel is 2/5.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GretchenJ, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel restaurant, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I truly apologize if our front desk staff was rude to you during check-in and check-out. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I do thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. Your feedback is very important to us and I assure you that your comments will only help us improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
South Pasadena, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Pros: Interesting room design, a little offset from typical square hotel room. I think it is an older bldg but they seem to keep the rooms & furniture very clean and more update. Warmest heaters in TN.
Cons: Wi-fi connection not consistent at times. When connected very fast. Not the typical high atrium design DBT with large airy lighted open seating and dining areas. Breakfast (buffet) not spectacular. Omelets took about 15mins (no orders in front of me, they don't melt cheese, a slice is placed on top of omelet but not really melted). During low census times the 5th floor executive food lounge may be closed and you will need to eat at the buffet.

Would stay again if in area. Starbucks 5 mins away. Plenty of parking. Note that mall on googlemaps shown practically next to hotel is closed now.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We loved it. The staff we talked with are well versed in the area's history, which to me is important for my interests. This area has historical significance from the early frontier days through WWII to modern times.

The room was clean, warm and quiet. It's a bit off of the "I 75 Florida Trail" but the location is perfect. An easy walk to just about anything a person needs. Seriously, walking distance in a quaint and quiet country setting,

Every hotel should have a staff of personalities that welcome your interests like this one did. Serious when appropriate and light hearted fun responses when enticed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The hotel is well maintained. (Though the stand lamp in my room had a dead bulb. It was fixed when I returned.There is a nice pool and plenty of parking. The front desk staff seemed a bit tired and 'flat' but the restauranat staff made up for it. Breakfast is a bit pricey but large in portion size. My omelet was huge (a bit too oily but good. The coffee good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Oak Ridge - Knoxville? Share your experiences!