“Very clean hotel with perfect hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vandergrift, Pennsylvania
“Very clean hotel with perfect hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We recently stayed here for two nights after traveling thru the area by motorcycle. The hotel was very accommodating to us. We had a. King bed room on the first floor. The ice machine was right outside the door and right next to an exit. The room was very clean and had everything We needed. The breakfast was very good. Ranging from eggs and sausage, to biscuits and gravy, bagels, cereals,yogurt and a variety of fresh fruits. There was coffee all day and they had a room of snacks you could purchase. The side doors are always locked but accessible with your room key, as was the pool. I accidentally left my wallet and didn't realize it until I returned home 500 miles away. I got a call this morning that the cleaning staff turned it in and it is being returned to me. Which doesn't always happen. I was very happy with my stay and would not hesitate to stay again. It is right beside numerous restaurants and right beside Walmart.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since May 15, 2012 for four days a week. The old management is gone.

Everything now is clean. The rooms are comfortable. They no longer take pets. They have great internet service. The staff is very polite, friendly and courteous. The parking area is very well lighted.

Everything I have brought to the new management's attention has been resolved very professional and with quick response.

I got real sick and made a mess of the room. The hotel staff cleaned the room, bathroom and changed the bed completely in less than an hour. The desk clerks responded to my request when I was sick. They took very good care of me. I cannot see a reason to stay anywhere else.

I have no complaints.

David

Room Tip: They are all good rooms for the money!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I just recently went to Oak Ridge for the first time for work. My travel agent booked me at Comfort Inn because that is where my colleagues were staying. It is slightly above average hotel.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff was very friendly (always a plus in my book), but nothing really stood out from other places I typically stay. There were a few chain restaurants close by that were within walking distance, and the view of K-Mart and Wal-Mart were somewhat a detractor, as was the breakfast selection.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I had a sugar crash this morning at 1:30 am (approx). I got up out of
bed and drank my emergency sugar soda. It didn't help much. I called
the Front Desk and told the lady "This is an emergency. I had a sugar
crash. I need a candy bar brought to my room." She said ok.

Within two minutes she knocked on my door and gave me a
candy bar. I told her thanks. I went back to the bed and sat down. I
ate the candy bar and within 15 minutes I was feeling better.

I called her and told her I was OK. She said she was going to call me
within the next five minutes to check on me.

Thank God for nice people!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. They keep the same room for me all the time.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I booked a room thru an online service and then was asked to pay for the room when I arrived. I did not realize my secretary had paid for the room when she booked it. I was able to contact the management at Comfort Inn and the online booking service. Comfort Inn refunded my money within one week!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Summary:
Pro's -Clean, quiet, good breakfast, helpful staff, and standard amenities.
Con's - Wi-fi slow.

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Oak Ridge, TN for a total of five nights. Located near center of town and short drive, on the order of minutes, to Y12 complex. The room I got was on the first floor near the side entrance/exit. The room was clean and stocked with towels, shampoo, conditioner and soap upon my arrival. I opted not have room service during my stay as I had personal electronic equipment stored in the room and I can pick-up after myself. I called the front desk for towels a few times and was surprised when someone was knocking on my door just moments after I hung up the phone. My only complaint is that the Wi-Fi connection was slow and there were no data ports for a wired connection. Check out was a breeze as when I left out on the last day my receipt was slid in the door. I stopped at the front desk to ensure that the bill was settled and, after a quick check, I was on my way.
The staff was very polite, courteous and willing to help to address any questions or concerns.
The amenities of this hotel include: small exercise room, pool (closed during my stay), conference room, breakfast (waffles, biscuits, coffee, juice, tea, bagels, muffins, sausage or bacon, eggs/omelets), business center in lobby (3 PCs, internet access and printer), ice/vending machines, and wi-fi (only two bars in my room and quite slow).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Cookeville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

This was the BEST hotel my husband and I have ever stayed at. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the breakfast. They had a huge verity of items from grits, oatmeal, yogurt, muffins, danishes, boiled and scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffles, milk, coffee, apple and orange juice. I just really didn't enjoy the eggs or gravy. Tasted funny. Other than that, it was great! The breakfast area was very nice and clean. The rooms were clean and up to date with flat screen TV's. (Small bathroom, no biggy) The bed and pillows were to die for. We had a great nights sleep and if ever in that area again, we will stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!