“Best value in town” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best value in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I've been eating at Magic Wok for awhile now and there is not a better value in all of Oak Ridge! As others have said the place is not much to look at but Betty and Jim always make you feel welcome and the food is extremely tasty. There isn't a lot of variety...basically spicy or sweet & sour chicken over steamed rice with egg rolls and wontons. It's all delicious so I never mind. She will also add brocolli, ginger, garlic, or additional hot peppers at no charge and cook to taste. I prefer it extra spicy! If you haven't been there definitely give it a try.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Clinton, Tennessee
“GREAT Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We love this place. it is truly a mom and pop establishment! the Owners are soo nice and friendly you feel like visiting family every time you come. the Building is small and old but we love the Character that the restaurant has. and the Food is soo soo good I find my self craving magic wok very often!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

This place iys dirty. The health department scores are horrible and when I was there I saw lots of evidence of bugs... Particularly roaches. Although many people go there and tge owner ous a nice person, I wouldn't go back gor love out money.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Local Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

It's not much in the way of atmosphere, but you can't beat the food or value. My favorite is the eggroll, it's huge!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clinton, Tennessee
“My new favorite Chinese place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011 via mobile

I was so happy to find this place. The owners are super friendly and the food was great. I loved the huge egg rolls with the sweet chili sauce. You can get the food prepared to your spice liking. It is a small place with only a few seats. We went on a Friday night and were able to eat there and play some trivial pursuit that was sitting on the table. The cashew chicken was yummy. I think that and sweet and sour chicken are always on the menu. But I think you can get other chicken dishes if you ask.
The owners was awesome. I will definitely go again. So glad to have found some yummy Chinese food finally!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere