“Got the order wrong” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 79 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Shenyang, China
“Got the order wrong”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I usually love McAlister's Deli but this one left me a little irritated. I got a to-go order with 4 meals. Three were correct and good but the 4th was entirely wrong. Unfortunately I didn't check the order before I left & was too far away to turn back by the time I realized the mistake. I wasn't able to eat the food because I can't eat pork and my baked potato had bacon mixed in to the potato & the cheese covering it. I had expressly requested no meat.

Visited May 2014

Ohio
“Pleasantly surprised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My first impression was negative, I was hoping to sit down and order (it was our first visit). However, the young lady at the counter was quite helpful and we placed our orders. At first glance I thought that the prices were on the high side, but after seeing the size of the sandwiches, I revised that. Her Reuben and my half Muffaletta were too much for one meal, we each took half back to our hotel room for later. Both were very tasty. I was not fond of the potato salad but will have something else next time - we will be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Great lunch place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I like all the sandwiches and entrees I've ever had here. A few of the sides are not to my taster, buts there are several to choose from. The service is quick, and the people are always friendly. I've never had diner here.

Visited January 2014
Tennessee, United States
“I always leave hungry...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great food, as far as the taste of the sandwiches. But we always seem to leave hungry when we try to have dinner here. Also, the kids meals are lacking, especially the pizza and the nachos.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Always a Good Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I don't think I've ever had a bad meal at McAlister's, any location. With one opening in Oak Ridge there is one more steady, consistent eatery. Their menu of sandwiches, soups, salads, and spuds has great variety. I also like that if you bring your church bulletin in on Sunday that they give you a free cookie. Can't beat their sweet tea.