“great tasting HOT soup on a cold day!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“great tasting HOT soup on a cold day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Out of the extensive soup menu and sandwich menu, I got the "snow crab" soup with a grilled cheese on the side. The soup was delicious and hot, very fresh tasting. I wasn't sure that the crab meat in the soup was straight from claw, it had more of the consistency of imitation crab meat. Either way, it was very tasty. The grilled cheese was good with it as well but nothing to write home about.

The atmosphere is pleasant and the food is good. The best part is the value. Soup, grilled cheese and a drink, $7.25 after tax!

I'll be back on those cold days when i feel like good comfort food!

Clinton, Tn
“Mobile Soup Kitchen is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Their truck comes to our company every Monday. I wish it were daily, as I teach and like for my students to have a choice of not fighting West Knoxville traffic to get lunch. Their soup and sandwiches are always good, and I appreciate that they almost always need a little salt - giving the customer control of their sodium. Having hypertension and having grown up on lightly salted food, this is particularly appealing to me. For others, salt and pepper are there for you to add to taste. In addition, I believe they now take credit cards, which is an added convenience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashville, Tennessee
“The only reason why I venture into the Atomic City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Soup Kitchen has been around for years, decades really. When my grandparents lived in Oak Ridge, as a child I would always love going to eat at The Soup Kitchen. Now, my grandparents have long since passed away; however, I love making special side trips into town to take in a comforting bowl of Soup. I have loved this place so much, I wish it could be franchised where I live! My mother even had her bridal shower luncheon at The Soup Kitchen 30 years ago, so it has been around awhile, but it has a very comforting atmosphere- which is something one could never get from a place like Panera Bread. The only thing that irritates me (especially if I'm traveling from a distance) is the limited hours of operation.. lunch only, there are no dinner hours.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Wish this was a franchise and available in my town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I used to live in Oak Ridge and this was one of our favorite places to have lunch. There are tons of soup choices and every last one of them is "souper" delicious! Their cornbreads and cakes are fantastic too. I can't say enough about the food. It couldnt be better. The only reason I didnt give it a five star was because atmosphere is a little "grandma" outdated to me and you have to wait in line which extends to the outside many times during lunch. If the atmosphere was more modern such as panera etc it would probably be so packed we couldnt get near the place because as I said before the soups are all fantastic!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston, Tennessee
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Another great staple of Oak Ridge lunch time. Great selections of soups some limited sandwiches. Great fast service.

Visited May 2013