“Poor Service - Good Food.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 79 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Poor Service - Good Food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food at this IHOP is good, but you have to have at least two hours to eat a meal. The service is so bad. It is not the servers, but the kitchen. I went back again 6 months after I said I would never go again, and nothing had changed. I complained on IHOP website and received a call from Oak Ridge manager, and he blamed it all on his assistant manager who runs the kitchen.

Visited May 2013

Waynesville, North Carolina
“Very slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

It took a long time to get my food and this was at an off
hour for a late lunch. Service was fair. Not typical of
iHop's in other places.

Visited March 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“The Pancakes Are Making a Frowny Face”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I LOVE IHOP--but not this one (in my head, the comic guy from the Simpsons is saying "worst IHOP ever"). My youngest son, however, chose it again for his birthday this year because you can't convince a kid that pancakes in the shape of a face isn't the greatest foodstuff EVER. So we went on a chilly Winter's day for only our second or third time and the experience was just as poor as the other times. They were not busy. There was one other couple in the place. This is a good thing which I'll explain in a second. It still took us way too long to get our food and it wasn't worth the wait. I had biscuits and gravy and the gravy was already cold on the edges when served. The eggs tasted like nothing. The hash browns were tough and chewy. Even the sausage was kind of bland. I didn't know it was possible to make sausage bland. Oh, and this smorgasbord of culinary delight cost me just shy of $50.00. And THIS is why it is lucky the restaurant was empty that day. During our lunch, a guy in a tie got up on a ladder and changed a bulb under the ceiling fan on the other side of the restaurant. He must not have tightened the covering enough because, a minute or so later, this glass contraption fell right on the table divider and shattered all over the place. If people had been sitting nearby, they could have gotten seriously hurt. I mean, that thing blew apart. Pretty unsettling when trying to enjoy a meal. There is no such thing as pride of service anymore. Nobody cares.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Breakfast is Probably a Better Bet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Went in for dinner. They didn't have several items. We finally settled on sandwiches. The cheddar cheese on one sandwich had obviously been left out and was dry, discolored and cracking. We merely wanted the server to know so that they didn't serve someone else the same cheese. Her reply was, "well, I wouldn't know - I don't eat that kind of cheese". I said, "I'm just letting you know so that you don't serve it to others". Her reply was "Well, I don't eat here anyway". Then she came back and told us the manager gave us a 69 cent discount "because that's how much the piece of cheese was". We didn't want a discount or a snotty attitude. The rest of both sandwiches were awful by the way. Hope breakfast is better.

Visited September 2013
Kingston, TN
“Would eat here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Newer IHOP. We ate the Weekly special of eggs, bacon, hash brown, and pancakes for $4.99, and the Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity. Both were very good and cooked to order. The interior was decorated for Halloween, and the service was very good. This IHOP was not very busy at 8:30 in the morning. This was a very nice breakfast.

The IHOP at Lovell Road is much busier, has oldies music, and Olga the most entertaining waitress. So try them both!

• Visited October 2013