“Great food.” 5 of 5 stars

865-481-2071
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations, Dessert
Description: We are located in historic Jackson Square. This property once housed Jackson Square pharmacy. After 55 years in the same family this property became available because the previous owners wished to retire. We were lucky to get it. We renovated and tried to keep as much of the original charm as possible. We hope you like it.
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I love this place. The staff is very nice and go out of their way to help you with your needs. The food is always fresh and very tasty. For the price of your meal its worth it. Some of these reviews I have seen on here saying that it was "okay" probably thinks eating fast food is gourmet. I mean really folks if your used to paying 5 dollars for lunch go there then. They make everything in house and fresh. They have daily specials every day. Try it for yourself.

“It's ok...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I came here on a business lunch. Many of my colleagues loved this place. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't phenomenal either.

It gets really busy really quick, so the service isn't super quick.

Overall, it's ok. Try it just to say you have.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Expensive Lunch!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I always choose the mom and pop locations over the national chains so I was excited to choose this restaurant since it was so highly rated. First it was very difficult to find with my 1 yr old GPS. Good luck out-of-towners. But most disappointing was the price for lunch. $9.99 for a meat and two vegetables, plus 2.29 for tea be your at $13 for lunch. Just too much in my opinion. The food was ok, green beans were barely seasoned and stringy, the scalloped potatoes were large hunks with lots of skin, and the country steak was covered in pre-made gravy not from the steak it's self, like from a jar or gravy mix. The service was prompt and fast but I'd skip this place again if I'm looking for a meat/veg lunch just because of the price.

“Good home cooking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Dean's is worth the effort. Lunch is really a busy, but we found no problem in getting in for dinner. It is down home style cooking with a flair or two thrown in.

The bakery is really excellent. The thumb print cookies brought back memories to our nieces who had joined us for dinner...

The service is outstanding and friendly. WE ate there 3 times in space of two days. The last time was with family following a funeral when we all needed some comfort food. we were not disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great home cooking with current trends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My local family eats here regularly. We had a decent meal with great side choices. There are daily specials and you can even BYOB. This is what is missing in America cooking: fresh local cooked food that is not processed or corporate produced. This is how we should be eating!

• Visited June 2014