“Clean, decent hotel - good place to spend the night.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Newport

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Newport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Newport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1149 Smokey Mountain Lane, I-40 to exit 432B, first right off the exit, Newport, TN 37821   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Newport
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Clean, decent hotel - good place to spend the night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Spent one night in the Comfort Inn Newport. Room was clean, bed was excellent, heater worked well and was quiet. Breakfast was not bad - biscuits and gravy, good cinnamon waffles. Coffee was great. Good for a night for the busy traveler. Excellent value - paid $60 for a room with two queen beds.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

It is a pleasure to stay at this hotel, it's clean, comfortable and very well taken care of. Not much to say except you can book your stay here with confidence. The rooms are clean, the breakfast gives a lot of variety, and the staff is most helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Maple Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This motel is located close to the interstate, and I found it to be very clean, comfortable, and up-to-date. As a guest with a "Choice Privileges rewards card," the lady at the front desk presented me with a welcome bag, which I've never received at any other motel. I found the room to be up-to-date (whether a new facility, or recently renovated, I can't say), but it was well-lit, quiet and quite clean. I felt completely safe here, and the mattress was very comfortable. A good nights' sleep, and a good breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hope, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We come down every year for our family reunion in Del Rio just a few miles past Newport. This is the first time we have stayed at the Comfort Inn there. Over all the stay was ok the room was clean so not to much to complain about there. My ONLY complaint would be the service at the front desk. I called down to ask for some new towels and was told I need to walk down the halls until I found a house keeper and get them myself. I wasn't to happy but I did so anyways. The next day I called down again to ask for more towels and this time I was told I needed to come down to desk and get them myself. Again I wasn't happy mainly because of how rude the lady was, I am perfectly capable of walking down and getting them just didn't appreciate the way I was told to do so. On the second part of my stay the lady at the front desk was rude yet again (new lady this time). It was pretty late and our baby was asleep in the car so we both couldn't get out and leave her alone in the car. The lady was extremely rude because my name was on the reservation and his on the credit card. I myself work in hotels and know the person whose name is on card has to sign totally illegal any other way. When we checked out the next morning at check out there was A VERY VERY NICE lady working I wish i would have got her name she made the entire trip much better with her kind service. Like I said over all the hotel was decent but I feel as if some of the employees should be more polite to their guest as they are the ones signing the paycheck!!! Would like to say a big thanks to the lady who checked us out on Thursday Sept 6 you were wonderful especially when we lost our car keys and you went above and beyond to help us locate them!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Dusk was approaching and I was too tired to continue driving east through the mountains so I stopped here for the night. Carolyn at the front desk was wonderfully pleasant and helpful. I had a king room for which I paid a budget price. It was clean, comfortable and quiet. Considering the tiny town, I was stunned that this property was not out-of-date. I was too exhausted to recall if there was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The bathroom was clean, there were plenty of towels and a hair dryer. . I was told that Brandywine Steakhouse was nearby but again, just fell into bed and didn't even bother to find something to eat! I left very early and did not have breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Chose to stay here as it is "pet friendly" but if you have pets, you are placed in designated "pet only" rooms and NOT allowed to bring your pets (we have 2 digs) through the lobby and must take them in through the back entrance.
The room we were placed in had a HORRIBLE stench. It smelled musty, dank and weird.
The vending machines on the 1st floor were sold out of beverages forcing us to go to the 2nd floor only to find a machine that did not accept dollar bills and charges you $.75 for one 10 oz bottle of water. Ice machines were out of order, card keys for locks to amenities did not work, the carpets are NASTY... The list goes on.
In my opinion, skip this place and go directly to Holiday Inn where you are not treated as an outcast for having pets, you are welcomed and where it is much, MUCH nicer overall (especially the one in Asheville, NC).

• Stayed July 2012
Beech Grove, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed here on a Satuday night with my wife and daughter on the way to Myrtle Beach. The lady at the desk was very friendly. Our room was clean and spacious. Wife and daughter tried the pool and liked it. Their free wifi was strong. I would not hesitate to stop here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Newport? Share your experiences!