“Surprised by the excellent quality” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Newport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Surprised by the excellent quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was very tired and about to the point of staying in a clean dog house, what a surprise when I saw a beautiful sign advertising a Best Western. Never having stayed at a BW I didn't know what to expect, the room was beautiful as well as the furnishings.
I had trouble regulating the thermostat and to get it comfortable, about 71, had to set it at 76.
Standard breakfast the next morning, quiet property and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I found this motel in my search on-line for a place to stay overnight on our trip to Hilton Head Island. I initially chose this motel because of it's location and price. It FAR exceeded my expectations. I called to let them know we would be in very late due to traffic and they were so kind and accommodating. The room was clean and nicely updated. Free breakfast filled the bellies of my 4 children for the rest of the trip.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Cheboygan, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here on our way to visit friends in SC for Thanksgiving. Very friendly and helpful staff. Brealfast bar is the best for a chain motel. Clean rooms. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because they have outside doors to each room but we had no issues what so ever. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Seems all rooms where nice and I like staying on the 1st floor.
Flintstone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was just concluding over 1300 miles of driving in 3 days and still had 200 to go. I was so tired. It was 6:30 in the evening, driving through the mountains from Williamsburg Virginia. Had deliberately taken the southern and west route to avoid I-81 as much as possible. Light rain traveled with me intermittently. I had not really ever thought of Newport Tennessee..did not really know of its existence. Around 7 pm there it was!! I exited the highway and without much searching saw the Best Western. I drove in and the hotel clerk was most pleasant and had a room for us on the 1st level. It was located at the top of a hill and in the back of the hotel. As I drove back I saw at least twenty 18 wheelers parked and all of a sudden I thought...NOISE!! My 89 yr old WW II husband and I checked in anyway. The room was fantastic and adequately well appointed for safety of an older person. The A/C was quiet and efficient and since the night air was chilly, we used some heat. A Pizza Place was adjacent to hotel..literally as there was a hall way connecting the reception area with the Pizza. That was where the hotel breakfast was available the next morning. Excellent!

Room Tip: The tractor trailers and their drives were super quiet. No problem. The hotel was constructed so w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Traveling down the freeway, looking for a place to stop for the night as it was getting late, we saw the signs that said "All-New Rooms". I joked with my wife, "I wonder how long they can say that before they aren't new any more?" Anyway, we decided to check it out--and I'm glad we did.

The rooms were obviously recently remodeled with nice contemporary furnishings. Everything was clean and comfortable, and even though the place was just off the freeway, it had the feeling of higher-priced hotels. I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ECoggins, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Newport Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Wonderful! Our staff is very pleased that your experience at our property was superb! With all our new additions to our property, it really does have that higher priced hotel atmosphere but along with Superior Southern Hospitality, there is not a better deal in East Tn! Our veteran staff is highly trained and experienced in the hospitality industry and work vigorously to provide our guests a most enjoyable experience.
Again our upmost appreciation and we to serve you again Above and Beyond Your Expectations!
Harrisburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I were traveling on I 40 and need a place just to get a shower and some sleep. This filled the bill just fine. We were ready for a stop but the rooms at many hotels in the area closer to Knoxville were taken by football fans as there was a home game the next day. It was a relief to find a lower priced room that could accommodate us with clean new carpets, fresh fairly comfortable beds and adequate bathroom facitilities. Our room also had a mini fridge and microwave. The size of the room might be small if you were staying a few days or traveling with children but it was fine for us. We did not try the breakfast. It was served in the adjoining pizza parlor which had emitted strong pizza aroma when we arrived. We chose to get breakfast at a Cracker Barrel that was within easy walking distance. For price and convenience this is a good place to stop.

Stayed November 2013
From all our Guest Service Team here at the Best Western Newport Inn we send you our upmost gratitude for your decision to stay at our Newly Renovated property! Our competitive rates for our accommodations is very reasonable in our market. We want our guests to have a home away from home experience at a very affordable price, along with our Superior Customer Service.
Our appreciation to you again for your recent business and the pleasure is ours for the opportunity to accommodate you Above and Beyond Your Expectations! Thank You for your visit!
Honey Brook, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The check-in staff was extremely friendly. Our room clock had the incorrect time and could not be set. Told the front desk when we went to breakfast and when we got back later a new clock was in the room (they still did not put a 9-volt battery in for the backup). Breakfast was just okay. The first day there wasn't much sausage or bacon in the steamer. Biscuits and Gravy was good (would have been better if sausage gravy). Orange Juice was terrible - had ice in it and watered down/sour. The scrambled eggs were good, but the shredded cheese containers were empty and no staff around to ask for more. Contractors had rooms near ours, they kept knocking on doors near us and very loud. It wasn't really relaxing with them there. One truck parked right in front of our door and halfway over the sidewalk (we had two rooms). We didn't try the restaurant - 10% off w/room key. Had to drive down to breakfast since it was raining (rooms in one building/lobby and restaurant in another). Rooms very clean. Handicap shower was very big. Coffee pot/ice bucket are in the closet. Regular room has the fridge/microwave in the sink area (commode/shower in separate room from sink).

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We would first like to say Thank You for your most recent stay and review at the Best Western Newport Inn! We are happy that your interaction with our Guest Services was most pleasant and also the issue with your alarm clock was handled appropriately in a timely manner.
Our apologies that your experience with our Free Hot Breakfast did not exceed your expectations but we do appreiciate your feedback. We value your business and review on your experience at the Newly Renovated Best Western Newport Inn and we hope to serve you again for your next consideration of business at our property!

Been to BEST WESTERN Newport Inn? Share your experiences!