“Don't let the name detour you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of east tennessee coffee company

east tennessee coffee company
Broadway, Newport, TN
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Newport, Tennessee
“Don't let the name detour you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was hesitant to go at first but I'm glad I did... Awesome food and great service too! Be sure while in town to stop by East Tennessee Coffee Company!

Visited September 2013

Dandridge, Tennessee
“What a Great Find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My fiance and I recently bought a home in Dandridge, and the closest larger town to us is Newport. By larger, I mean they have a Wal-Mart. We hadn't expected to find any outstanding places to eat in Newport, but based on reviews here on TripAdvisor, we decided to give the East Tennessee Coffee Company a try.

We were so pleasantly surprised! The menu had lots of great options, and you could completely customize your coffee and your breakfast. We each ordered caramel lattes, and my fiance had the steak biscuit with egg and cheese, and I had a breakfast burrito with sausage, lots of veggies, and cheese. It was all delicious, and came out fresh and piping hot. The coffee was excellent as well, it was perfectly prepared. And all for $13 for the two of us!

My only complaint was that they didn't have any music playing as background noise. The building was great, located on a corner in downtown Newport, and it was spacious with lots of light. Add in a little music, and I would be content to sit there and sip coffee all morning. Go try this place!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport. TN
“Best new coffee house in Newport, Tn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is a relatively new coffee house that has opened in downtown Newport. From a limited menu they have now expanded to soups, panini sandwiches, burger, and even vegan specialties I.e. Vegan grilled cheese sandwiches. Gluten free pasta bowl is also available. Of course coffee is robust and flavored vary daily.
As a side, they have added a venue for small instrumental offerings. Friday evenings are allotted for music and they have expanded hours on Fridays.
I had a veggie omelet on my most recent visit which included onions, spinach , green pepper, mushrooms and cheese. It was quick and delicious.
Great service and quick too. There are two rooms in which to sit, and plenty of windows to watch local happenings in a busy intersection.

Visited January 2014
Newport, Tennessee
“Coffee house on the corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

These guys started small for a few years then expanded into the adjacent building. They have breakfast and lunch with some of the greatest desserts ever. And of course the best coffee this side of Cuba

Visited May 2013
“My grandchildren love to come here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a very cute place to go to. My grandchildren love the snow cream smoothies. They also love the free wifi ! I had the most perfect grilled cheese sandwich I've ever eaten before. We love to spend time there. Last Friday they had karaoke night, that was a pleasant surprise.

• Visited January 2014