I spent a few days at Christopher Place this past fall on a solo trip, and I had a fantastic time! It's a great long weekend getaway for stressed out Atlanta professionals like myself.
Some of my favorite things:
- The food. Oh my, those breakfasts are sinful and keep you full all the way to dinner. And speaking of dinner, it too was phenomenal on the one night I chose to indulge...worth the extra $40 in my opinion. The staff was also kind enough to bring that dinner to my room...this single gal appreciated the courtesy!
- The view. I could sit for hours on the back porch.
- The coziness. From the warm and inviting library to the fireplace and comfortable bed in my carriage house room, everything just made me want to snuggle up and never leave.
- The proximity to Gatlinburg and Asheville. This B&B is perfectly located between the two cities. Also close to good hiking.
The only thing keeping this from a 5 star review are just a few minor things. Yes, the ladybugs were everywhere as some other review mentioned, but they're kind of cute and they don't bite...there were just so many. But to their credit, they were spraying to get rid of them while I was there. Also, I did have a very slow drain in my shower which I reported at breakfast the first morning but was not fixed during my stay. And finally, I did not realize that 'formal dinner' meant just that...formal. I learned of the dress code when I got there. I suppose maybe I should have realized this, but it might be nice to explicitly state that on the website (maybe I overlooked it?) so that guests bring appropriate attire. It would be a shame to miss out on those delicious dinners!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded in the scenic Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg, Tennessee, is the incomparable bed and breakfast resort Christopher Place. More than any other Smoky Mountains resort, this award-winning Tennessee bed and breakfast inn was created especially for romantic retreats, unforgettable honeymoons, and very special events. Hidden on 200 wooded acres overlooking the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, our bed and breakfast offers an east Tennessee vacation away from your hurried routines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Christopher Place Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christopher Place Hotel Newport