“Redemption Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection

You added Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203 (Formerly Union Station - A Wyndham Historic Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #31 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
“Redemption Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had a horrible experience the first time I attempted to stay at this hotel. Basically, I had a late arrival and they sold my room. The Hermitage took me in at 10:30pm and was great. But, The Hermitage was sold out of rooms this trip. So, my husband called Union Station to make a reservation and explained what had happened last time. Not only did they have a room for us, they gave us a discounted rate and a great corner location on the 6th floor. They also sent up a great platter of cheeses, fruit, honey and drinks just after arrival. The building is unbeatable, the location is central and it really is a beautiful place to stay. The manager was apologetic and very friendly. Nice save Union Station!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
will f, General Manager at Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I apologize for your less than perfect experience when we were unable to accommodate you, and thank you for giving us another opportunity to make it right. I was happy to read that you had nothing but the service our guests deserve. In the future we hope to see you as our guests again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Such a beautiful place with great history, delicious food...and crappy service. For the price, I think anyone would expect very friendly & attentive service, but sadly not the case. It really is a shame, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
I was sorry to hear that your experience here was not up to the service we strive to exemplify here at our hotel. I have spoken to the manager of our restaurant about this incident. I hope you will give us the opportunity to give you a better experience by visiting us again.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

How this could be rated so low is beyond me. I do not inderstand how this hotel was ranked lower than the Hampton Inn. All I can surmise is that its customers have higher expectations. We stayed here and it was wonderful. The room unique, bed comfortable, and breakfast was plentiful. Concierge room would have been a nice touch which they didn't have. The Hampton Inn and Suites which we moved to since it was nearer to business appointments was average. Breakfast was average and limited and the room boring. Stay here, one of the best in this town.

• Stayed August 2012
We appreciate your comments and I was happy to hear you enjoyed our beautiful historic hotel. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Nashville.
NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Upon arrival for one night in Nashville, we stayed at the Union Station as our usual place was unavailable. We will not stay here, again. The lobby had a reception going on and it was incredibly loud. It was also awkward walking through someone else's party to get to check in. As Marriott Gold members, we had requested extra towels, extra pillows and a high floor. None of those were provided. we were on floor 1. I was told we couldn't have a high floor because they were so full, but I had made the reservation months in advance. We were given free Wi-Fi and continental breakfast for two in the restaurant since they have no set up for continental breakfast for Gold members. The bathrooms are really small and they only left two bath towels for four people. When we pulled one of the towels off the rack, a huge black bug fell out. There was also a spider on the mirror. The parking is another fiasco. There were way too many attendants at the front door just standing around. We like to self park so we can go to our vehicle when we need to and come and go without waiting on people. They quoted us entirely different rates for the self and valet parking than my confirmation had on it. They also warned us that the self parking had many issues and they couldn't guarantee what we would be charged because it was owned by another party, so we should do valet. They said they were trying to "work that out". Nevertheless, the confirmation I had indicated the offer and pricing for self parking. For an established hotel attached to a usually solid brand, this stay was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melanie F, Public Relations Manager at Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
The following respond is posted on behalf of Will Freeman, General Manager

Dear familyfour65,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay last month. Our apologies that your experience did not meet the expectations you expect and that we are committed to providing. We do occasionally host events in our grand lobby and try to do everything possible to minimize the impact on other guests.

Room upgrades for Elite Marriott Rewards members are based on availability at time of check in, and unfortunately due to our sold out status we did not have any availability. Our apologies that an insect was found in your room and I will follow up with our pest control company.

Since we are not able to provide self-parking we pride ourselves on providing a top-notch valet service and staffing levels so that our guests do not have to wait for their vehicles. Our valet charge includes in/out privileges while self-parking lots located nearby do not. I will verify with our staff and ensure that the written confirmation has the correct price listed.

We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity as we want you to have a great experience at the Union Station Hotel. Please contact me directly at 615.726.1001 if I can be of any assistance or you would like to discuss your concerns.

Will Freeman, General Manger
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent two nights here with my boyfriend during a whirlwind weekend in Nashville - I was really impressed! The hotel itself is just drop-dead gorgeous inside and out, and oozes with history. I loved just walking into the lobby and enjoying the stonework, woodwork, wrought iron, antique clocks...the list goes on. If you are a history fan, or just plain enjoy gorgeous architecture, you will definitely appreciate this hotel.

Our room was very comfortable. Not huge, but certainly adequate for a weekend stay. Plenty of room to move about, ultra-comfy king-size bed and plush bedding, and amazing 20-foot ceilings. I enjoyed the simple but elegant decor and the immaculate cleanliness! Bathroom was on the small side but met all of our needs; nice shower and counter space.

The staff was so incredibly helpful and attentive. The valets and bellmen were always running to grab the doors for us and greeting us cheerfully; always happy to cue up a cab when we needed one. The front desk reception was extremely kind, friendly, and inviting; always warm, smiling, and happy to help. They even accommodated our several hours early check-in with no problem!

As a side-note, their attached high-end restaurant, Prime 108, offers some of the best breakfast I have ever had. It's not cheap, but I'm very much a breakfast person, so it was worth it! Their caramelized peach pancakes and banana french toast were actually some of the culinary highlights of the trip!

Location is perfect - a short (albeit uphill) walk from the honky-tonk bonanza that is the Broadway strip. I looked forward to stumbling back here each night. I saw many reviews that mentioned the noise from the trains, and this concerned me as I am a very light sleeper! But I had no issues with it - perhaps our location within the hotel was good; or maybe having a slightly raised BAL each night just helped me snooze through it. ;)

Needless to say, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat! Thanks for a great hotel experience. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I was so happy to read that the experience you had here at Union Station was such a pleasurable one! We hope that every time you visit Nashville that you will stay with us and enjoy this beautiful hotel.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Luxury. History. Convenient. We came to experience Nashville for the first time. This hotel was a perfect choice, being full of history and within walking distance to the strip. We had the romance package which included champagne and chocolate covered strawberries EVERY night. We stayed with another couple. Their first room smelled like a sewer. The staff immediately moved them to another room. When we arrived, the bellboy was missing in action so we had to do our own baggage and ended up wandering around searching for our rooms. The front staff did nothing to correct the situation. At the price of the rooms, I expect full service. The breakfast is an additional cost but excellent...gourmet. The bacon is premium. We were angered the first morning when we came to breakfast but found out we needed reservations! Again, never informed of this by the front staff. The bar served fun, unique mixed drinks. No mini-fridge in the room. Wifi worked well at no additional cost. Parking is extra $.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
will f, General Manager at Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments and for staying at our hotel. I appreciate your honest feedback and have taken the time to speak with the departments that had shortfalls during your stay. We pride ourselves on anticipating guest needs and providing unique superior experiences and it seems as if we missed it in a few areas We hope the next time you decide to visit Nashville that you will give us the opportunity to have you as our guest again.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

They have put a very comfortable hotel inside a magnificent train station with incredible architectural features inside and out, including many stained glass windows and a voluminous lobby that used to be the waiting room. We were there for a conference and found the food and service to be very good. You are next to the tracks so you will hear a few trains but it is a worthwhile trade off. Walking distance to downtown venues. We got a great room rate through our conference so can't speak to normal expenses.

• Stayed June 2013
I was so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at Union Station and we hope you will stay with us again soon.

Been to Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!