“Where to begin? This was awful...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection

Save Saved
You added Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203 (Formerly Union Station - A Wyndham Historic Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #28 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Apex, NC
“Where to begin? This was awful...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Where to begin. I stayed at the Union Station Autograph hotel in Nashville on June 7-9, 2013. It was me and my wife's 18th anniversary and we went to the CMA Music Festival. For two nights, I paid $409 a night after tax something like $950. What a joke. Our room had a double bed -- we got no sleep. They put us across from the fitness center which was loud. And believe it or not, our room had no door separating it and the bathroom. This was hardly worthy of a Marriott property and certainly not close to what we paid for it. I asked twice for a new room but there was nothing they could do according to the front desk. Amazingly, my co-worker, who is not a Marriott rewards member, traveled by herself and got a king bed!

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
will f, General Manager at Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank You for your comments. I was disappointed to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. Our Marriott Rewards guests are very important to us and we make every attempt to upgrade the room when possible based on occupancy. CMA Music Fest is one of the busiest times of the year for Nashville and we were fully booked and unfortunately we could not upgrade you without displacing another guest that had reserved an upgraded room type. I hope you understand why we had to assign you the room that was originally booked. I do recognize that you were unhappy with the room size and layout. Due to the historic nature of the hotel every room is unique and we have some rooms that are larger than others and unfortunately we are limited to the changes we can make to some of our rooms.

The fitness center noise has not been a problem in the past but I will look into this directly. I certainly apologize that you were unhappy with your stay especially on your anniversary. I hope you will give Union Station another opportunity next time you travel to Nashville. I am aware that our Director of Rooms reached out to you prior to this review and I hope you have the opportunity to contact him or me and we can personally make accommodations and arrangements for you and your wife.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Used our Marriott points for this stay they also gave us extra points back since it was a signature hotel. I would not pay full price for hotel at around 200 a night Park on your own is around 10 bucks down bellowed the hotel in a private lot. Valet is 25. Rooms are tiny and no wifi in rooms. Nice beer place next door the fl,ting saucer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
will f, General Manager at Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your stay at Union Station. I was happy to hear that you were able to utilize your Marriot Rewards points to stay at Union Station Hotel. We hope we get the pleasure of having you stay with us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I like the Union Station Hotel. It's got cool architecture and the staff is nice. But I'm still not 100% sold, even after two stays.

The trains can be a bit loud, and the rooms have very high ceilings which give you the impression the rooms are bigger than they really are. I stayed here this time with a crazy low rate, and it was worth that, but if it's pricey, I don't know that it would be my first choice.

Its proximity to downtown is nice, but it's not super close, and it's an uphill walk back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your feedback on your stay at Union Station and was happy to hear you’ve stayed with us more than once. Union Station is a unique hotel where almost every room is different. We make every effort in the design and layout of our rooms to create an upscale and welcoming feel while maintaining the historical and architectural integrity of this great building. On your next visit to Union Station please make sure to let the front desk know your preferences related to the room layout and they will work to accommodate your request if availability allows.
Wilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

It is unique to look out of the large windows onto the lobby with the enormous fireplace and large clocks. One afternoon a guest entertained everyone by playing the grand piano. Iced tea is served in the afternoon and coffee and delicious scones are available in the AM. One cup coffee machine is in the room but no refrigerator. the hotel is conveniently located for an easy walk to all the downtown sights. Very friendly doormen are always ready with a friendly greeting. Union Station has much more charm and interest than the typical chain hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at Union station Hotel and for also taking the time to pass along your comments about your stay. The scones and coffee are one of our signature experiences at Union Station and is received well by virtually every guest so I was happy to hear that you enjoyed them as well. We hope you will stay with us again so you can enjoy this amazing hotel and great city again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Well to be fair it is a very attractive hotel, but it was a train station and yes the trains still run next to it. It is also a bit far from the center of the city's entertainment district, yet it is walkable. But what really irked me that after paying almost $300/night for a room, they charge you $11 for access to the Internet!! Even a red roof inn does not do this!!

The lobby had construction during our stay. The staff was excellent and attentive. Finally, the restaurant was excellent! But to be honest, it seemed like a lot to pay for an attractive lobby!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I was pleased to hear the team provided great service during your stay and that you enjoyed your meal at Prime 108. We continue to evaluate the needs of our guests related to the internet and will certainly take your comments into consideration as we move forward. Again, thank you and we hope to welcome you again to Union Station in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I spent two nights here a few months ago for business. The location was convenient to downtown. It's a very interesting hotel. The rooms are nicely appointed, but it's odd that the rooms on upper floors all face into the lobby, with no external windows. A different experience, but personally I like a little sunlight. The bathrooms are very nice.

The restaurant and bar at the hotel are both quite good as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I’m happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us. Our internal rooms are one of our most requested room types but understand they’re not everyone’s preference. These Rooms actually once were the offices for the Executive Team for the L&N Railroad. On your next visit please let our front desk team know that your preference is to have an exterior view and we will make every effort to accommodate you request. Thanks again for your comments and feedback.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Perhaps one of the most beautifl lobbies I've seen with a fanstastic historic touch.
The rooms were small but the bed was very comfortable.
Walking distance to downtown.
Bar is small but the service was great.
An expensive place to stay but you have to experience this once.
BTW: I've never seen valet's run that fast in my life.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
will f, General Manager at Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at Union Station. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and this great hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with our valet team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!