“Would have been happy sleeping in lobby” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection

You added Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203 (Formerly Union Station - A Wyndham Historic Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #29 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“Would have been happy sleeping in lobby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here a few years ago when it was a Wyndham, one of the top hotel experiences we've ever had. The occasional train rumbling by below our window only added to the experience. The lobby took us back to the glory days of rail travel. Within walking distance of downtown attractions, so park the car and leave it! Wonderful place, we've cheated ourselves by not staying here in recent trips to Nashville, next time through we will definately be back. This hotel will make your trip whole.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The lobby of the hotel is great, they left a large part of the shell the way it originally was, which makes for some good character. The stain glass roof and windows are pretty cool. The trains do go by, but aren't too bad, we didn't noticed them until the morning for the most part. We were only about a 10 minutes walk from the honky tonk bars on Broadway, that's a nice bonus for the nightlife.

I will say though that while the rooms are quite spacious it would seem the closet was an after thought, but isn't that big of a deal. My only real complaint is that there is zero counter space in the bathroom, it's literally just a toilet and sink. We had to put most things on the floor, which is weird for such a nice hotel.

Otherwise, love the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Murfreesboro, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night to celebrate our anniversary. The building is gorgeous if you appreciate old architecture and history. They have done a great job renovating the building and making it a hotel. The rooms were very comfortable and the beds provide a wonderful nights rest. Best option for parking is the $26 valet service. Little pricey but they do a great job and it really is the best option given their location. Fitness center is small but nice. Probably 5 or 6 cardio machines and a little area with many dumbells. We had no issues with train noise and we had a delightful stay. Oh and the complimentary cheese and crackers were excellent in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Overnight is never enough, but I will take it-gladly! My husband is a Marriott Awards Member and this is one of Marriott's jewels. We were able to check-in around 3pm and found our room to be perfect. Each room is somewhat unique at this place, which I think makes it all the more interesting. Ours was a shotgun with an alcove at one end where our windows overlooked the Frist Museum just next door. The bathroom had two sinks and a bathtub that felt great for a soak. The C.O. Bigelow amenities are delightful and the in-room coffee is not really needed in that a trip to the lobby in the morning finds not only good coffee (with big cups), but also scones and house-made jam! I did hear the trains-once in the night, to me, a gentle sound. Still, we were on the 6th floor, so I can't speak to those who had rooms at the lower levels. I found all the employees helpful, including the concierge and especially Michael at breakfast in the beautiful restaurant. We also enjoyed cheese and crackers offered in the afternoon in the lobby. This was quite a romantic moment thanks to David Anderson, a virtuoso guitarist performing that Saturday afternoon. Oh, yes, we will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a business conference. First, the building is a historical building, so it has great character and is the perfect size (for me) - not too large and not too small. But do keep in mind that it is near the train tracks which are still running! Our room was room 112, which is on the first floor and right next to the train tracks; they were about 20 yards from our window. Yes, trains did go by until late night, but they went by very slowly, so we honestly were not awakened by them. During the day, the trains bothered us more! We actually thought about switching rooms, but we felt we really didn't need to, so we didn't. Second, though the hotel is a historical hotel, the rooms were in excellent condition; great plumbing, nice furniture. It was a pleasure to be in the room. The corridors still need to be updated, but the lobby and dining areas are really nice. If I had one complaint, it is that the restaurant (and room service) is a bit pricey. The food is good. I just wish there was an option for a less expensive dining experience. That obviously isn't possible in this small hotel. Service was great as well.

Room Tip: If you can get a room facing away from the tracks, you'll be happy!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

For me, a good night's rest is imperative at any lodging facility, but here the train whistle noise from the near by track was frequent enough to disturb my sleep. We checked out the next day. Thus, the poor overall rating. Stayed in room 511. There was also a rattling noise in the walls that would come & go. Paint was peeling on the walls and the restroom was not adequately cleaned: there was waste residue on the commode when we checked in. However, the lobby is gorgeous, the bar and restaurant are excellent and the hotel staff is very friendly. Unfortunately, I can not recommend this hotel for lodging.

• Stayed January 2013
Providence RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at many business hotels but this by far is the best I have stayed at in years. Lets face it a nice business hotel is well - nice. Good sheets, nice towels. great bead, clean room. Everything you expect when you pay say 250-400 per night depending on the city you are in. But this hotel really stands out. First just look at the photo It's hard to believe this was an old train station. It has one of the most impressive lobbies I have ever seen. The restaurant and bar right off the HUGE lobby are both amazing as well. So aside from the building and rooms themselves what make this a run don't walk reservation is the service. Like I said I travel for business and they have not missed anything here. They open the door for you two if them in fact all with a smile and nice greeting. The front desk took care of every request I had. Room service is fast and the food is excellent. Free coffee and home backed pastry in the lobby at breakfast. Apples and oranges in the gym. Free bottled water in the room always replaced. Every detail just right and polite service from every person I have encountered. I had to get a quick breakfast and I asked the hostest if I could get something fast. He said what did you have in mind? I said oatmeal and I sat down and he had the oatmeal at my table in maybe 2 min and he did it himself. That is what I am talking about. Hats off to the management here you really should train others in great service. Thanks it was a pleasure to be your guest. I will be back.

Room Tip: You enter on the 3rd floor so the 4th floor rooms look into the lobby. If you want a more quite room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!