We stayed for one night while visiting Nashville.
It's a beautiful hotel. I love that they made the hotel out of an old train station. It's enjoyable to just look at the lobby.
The location is very good. It's an easy walk (less than .5 mile) to all of the downtown action. If you don't feel like walking, the free Music City Circuit (bus) has a stop pretty much right outside the hotel. We didn't take advantage of that, but it was a consideration when we selected the hotel.
The room is spacious, and very nicely furnished/decorated.
1. The layout of the hotel is a little strange since it's an old train station. The lobby (street-level) is on the 3rd floor. Our room was on the 2nd floor. From our window, we looked down (we couldn't look straight out as the view was blocked) onto some gravel. That was all we could see.
2. I don't understand why any upper-level hotel charges for wireless internet. But, this one did as well. You could pay $49/night at a Super 8 and get free wifi, but not when you spend $300/nt for a room at a place like this. Ridiculous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection is located In the business district in central Nashville. There are no other Nashville hotels that compare to Union Station's stunningly restored, 100 plus year-old railway station. Union Station Hotel is the modern incarnation of Nashville's iconic railroad station that originally opened in 1900. Now a sophisticated boutique hotel from the Autograph Collection by Marriott, the grande dame property is celebrated for its castle-like limestone exterior and Romanesque interiors that include a magnificent lobby with a 65-foot barrel-vaulted ceiling, 128 original Luminous Prism stained glass panels, 20 gold-accented angel of commerce figurines, marble floors and stately limestone fireplaces. Union Station Hotel offers 125 elegant guest rooms, some of which were the offices of railroad executives and with no two exactly alike, the award-winning Prime 108 restaurant and lounge, fitness and business centers, and more than 12,000 square feet of meeting and event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Union Station Wyndham Historic Hotel
- Wyndham Nashville
- Nashville Wyndham