“Great choice in Nashville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection

You added Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203 (Formerly Union Station - A Wyndham Historic Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #29 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Ruston
“Great choice in Nashville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Beautiful lobby, nice room but small, very helpful staff. We really enjoyed our stay at Union Station. The location was very convenient to downtown attractions and the Vanderbilt area. The valet staff could not be more friendly or helpful. They really went out of their way! We found our room to be very quiet even with a wedding and reception going on one night in the beautiful lobby.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Somerville, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

The union hotel is a great property at a perfect location between Vanderbilt and downtown. Many restaurants and pubs are within walking distance. The hotel does a great job at first impressions because as you walk in the door you are instantly impressed with the grandeur of the converted train station. The receptionist and most of the hotel employees were very helpful and courteous.

While the property and most of the staff were awesome, I would not recommend this hotel in the future. I valeted my car during my one night stay and was upset to find that after I left Nashville $50 had been taken from my car. I realize leaving cash in your car is not smart but I think there is a reasonable expectation that if something is not in the open and inside of a compartment hotel staff would leave it alone for one night. I informed the head valet Greg of the situation and he referred me to his manager who has failed to address my complaint. For this I give the Union hotel a terrible rating.

Best of luck to those who stay and be cautious of what you leave around the valets.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

My wife and I were married about an hour outside of Nasvhille in May 2011. I looked at many hotels around Nashville before reserving our room with Union Station. After speaking with the staff, i knew we would be treated like Kings! We were married on a Saturday afternoon and didn't leave for our honeymoon until early Monday Morning. I knew we would be arriving late Saturday night after the reception and would be exhausted so i ask if we could skip check in and worry about that on Sunday. They opened the doors and greeted us with smiles when we arrived, handed us the room key w/out question. Once we got up on Sunday, i casually made my way downstairs to the lobby and took care of check-in. We were really appreciative that we didn't have to deal with check-in the night of the wedding. Union Station has a very historic appeal and a romantice atmosphere. We spent Sunday walking around Nashville bc it's so close to many attractions. The room was amazing, very nice and worth the money. We did get a cab to the Country Music Hall of fame but it was very inexpensive. We would def recommend Union Station for anyone looking to stay in a nice, professional place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We went to Nashville to watch a hockey game and wanted to stay close to the arena and bars. The Union Station looked like it would be a great fit. I was impressed from the moment I walked into the hotel. It not your regular cookie cutter hotel, it has a nice history behind it and is done beautifully. The rooms were excellent with the beds being very comfortable and a very clean bathroom with a glass shower. I would recommend to anyone for a trip to check this place out.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I guess the description is the review. The hotel was very impressive. Beautiful high ceiling atrium lobby.But did not have the feeling of a huge hotel. Small bar and decent sized restaurant. NOTE: there is a larger livelier bar in an attached building.

Re location, it is not right in the middle of downtown area if that's what you are looking for. Not huge deal - about a 5 mins walk from the start of the bars, but well from the 2nd Ave. Not stumbling distance if that is the mode you are in.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Smyrna, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Union Station for our honeymoon. It is a beautiful building that was once a train station. The architecture is amazing. The room was perfect. The walk to main attractions and restaurants is not too far. The Frist Art Museum is world class and is across the street from the hotel. The Flying Saucer has every beer imaginable and is a very short walk from the hotel. The hotel is a little expensive, but it is reasonable if you're looking for an upscale place to stay. The hotel offers a wonderful restaurant and bar. I recommend it for special trips.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Union Station Hotel, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!