“Not a place for a perfectionist, but a great value for the average traveler.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Nashville Airport Music City Area

You added Super 8 Nashville Airport Music City Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Nashville Airport Music City Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   720 Royal Parkway, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #87 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Olathe, Kansas
“Not a place for a perfectionist, but a great value for the average traveler.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at this particular location coming back from Christmas vacation at the tail end of 2011.

I noticed a lot of minor imperfections, but they got all the important things right. First, the little things:

The carpet in the hallway was kind of ugly and looked like it needed vacuuming - had crumbs or some other detritus in places. The hallway itself was narrow with doors all the way down. It kind of reminded me of a cruise ship hallway.

Bathroom was very small, like many hotels, and the toilet flush lever was falling out of the front, like the nut in the tank needed to be tightened. Still worked fine, though.

The climate control unit was by the window and was controlled by a local panel. It had the imprecise older-style thermostat with LOW HEAT, HIGH HEAT, LOW COOL, HIGH COOL, and the generic "FAN" setting - as well as a temperature knob that you could set to red (hot), blue (cold) or anywhere in between. As such, the temperature was a bit finicky, but it was manageable.

The ice maker didn't work on floor 2 where we were, so I had to run up to the 3rd floor to get ice. I did notice an employee working on the machine later, though.

None of those things were deal-breakers for me - if you expect perfection you really shouldn't be staying at hotels in the price range of a Super 8. I went in with fairly low expectations, and a few things surprised me.

We happened to be driving, but the location is right near the airport for anyone flying in. Since we prepaid, check-in took all of 30 seconds.

The beds were VERY comfortable - more so than the resort i had stayed in the week prior! I didn't hear any airplane noise or lateral neighbor noise, but I could hear someone thumping around upstairs directly above me. At times it sounded like a wrestling match (and no, that is not a euphemism for "something else.") The noise stopped before we went to bed, and started again at about 7am - so my guess is that there was another family with kids jumping around.

Breakfast was OK. Cereal (Raisin Bran / Frosted Flakes) and/or waffles seemed to be the best bet. The other stuff wasn't the best.

Checkout was as painless and quick as check-in.

I got an excellent night's sleep here, and would definitely recommend it as a quick stay spot.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room if you don't want to hear footsteps. There is also a stairwell on the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mantachie, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We booked here because of the low price with the pictures still looking OK enough, indoor pool, fitness room, etc. The purpose of our trip during bowl week was to just rest in the room sans kids, order delivery food, and watch games. The room was ok enough, and I told myself I could stay there because the price was so good. BUT, then, we found out they don't have ESPN or ESPN2. That was a "no go" for our particular stay. We didn't even take our bags off the luggage rack. The desk staff called the GM who let us out of our room without any charge at all. I was very pleased with that. We found another place to stay that was actually a little cheaper, a whole lot newer, and had all the ESPN channels. So, staff was very, very nice about our situation, but we won't plan to stay here in the future. Know that other places that are newer are just as cheap.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 in Nashville 12/27, 28, 29 and it was a good value. We asked for an updated room and they gave us a room on the first floor - 119. The room was clean and neat when we arrived. The updates were the nice desk and free Wi-Fi as well as the wood floor in the entry way instead of the carpet. We also had a nice flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. The shower was good water pressure and it had one of those round shower curtains so the curtain doesn't stick to you when you shower.

The room is updated, but it is not a new, luxury hotel and you can tell the difference. If you can live with that, it is a great place to stay.

We felt we got a very good price on the room so we understand it is not a 4 star hotel. The breakfast was okay. The cereal and waffles were the best choice. The bread, eggs and muffins reminded me of institutional food. We only ate their the first morning.

We went to the pool one night and it was okay. There were not enough tables/chairs and the water was chilly. The jacuzzi was a nice treat. When we arrived, we took the last 3 towels they had on a rack there so you may want to bring your own.

We had very little interaction with the staff so no comment there.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

great hotel for the price. heated pool and workout room.

Room Tip: ground floor close to pool
Auburn Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

My brothers and sister along with our families all meet every year for our annual Thanksgiving (Christmas) gettogether. We choose a different city every year and all meet for the long weekend. This year we chose Nashville and stayed here. The staff were so wonderful the whole time we were there. From the maintenance to the manager they were all so very helpful to us, whenever we had any problem at all they fixed it right away and really acted like they cared. It didn't seem to be just us either other guests all were happy and friendly overall it was just a wonderful weekend and I would go back again if we go back to Nashville in the future.

Room Tip: Our group stayed on all 3 floors and noone had any complaints the rooms are not real large but we al...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
sevierville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We came to Nashville from Sevierville TN for the Anime Convention. This hotel was amazing! All the check in folks were nice (I work at a resort, I know how challenging your job can be! lol) when they charged us up for the room, we were short by 3 dollars on our debit card, and they just wrote it off! Every time we had a question or needed directions, they were more than happy to help. The lobby was clean, and the breakfast was pretty cool for a free breakfast. It had a waffle maker, which made my day of course!

The pool and hot tub were just right. The fitness center was closed, which disappointed me, but the room more than made up for it. We were on the bottom floor and it was pretty spacious with a flat panel TV, microwave, and fridge. The decor was nice, and we didn't have any problems hearing other guests, so the walls weren't thin. The hotel is walking distance to just about everything! We really enjoyed our stay, and if we go to that area again, we plan on coming back.

One warning though, my friends stayed on the upper floors and their rooms were a bit smaller, they had older a/c units, and no flat panel Tvs. But the decor was still nice, and the rest of the hotel makes up for it.

P.S. They do offer Military Discounts.

Room Tip: Request one on the bottom floor, or ask about the ones that are more updated.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
BnaSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Nashville Airport Music City Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the great location of The Super 8 Nashville Airport. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Both people at the front desk were very nice upon check-in. I checked in a little early without a problem. The room was small (think Europe style), but I was impressed with the decor when I walked in. The carpet was ripped in one place, but other than that, the place was in nice shape and very clean. I had plenty of towels and hot water. The breakfast isn't bad. It's more than just bagels with bisuits and eggs which was nice. It wasn't high end, but worked for me. There are lots of things within walking or a short drive and it was about 5 minutes to the airport. Only one turn. I didn't really hear the planes either which was nice and I had no problem sleeping. I got such a great rate on the room, I really don't have any complaints.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Please accept our apologies and thank you for letting us know that carpet was ripped in one place.
We are fortunate to have a great location at The Super 8 Nashville Airport and we are thrilled that this helped you enjoy your time in the Music City. It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you back the next time you are in Nashville TN.

Been to Super 8 Nashville Airport Music City Area? Share your experiences!