“Comfort Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #92 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Paducah, Kentucky
“Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had a good stay at the Comfort Inn on Saturday. Rooms are clean and okay, its not the Ritz, but it doesn't have the Ritz's price. Paying for location.The front desk at check in and check out was very helpful and nice. Check out was very slow Sunday morning due to computer problems. Had a nice outside pool, I would suggest that you ask for a room away from the pool. Alot of the rooms in the hotel face the pool. Breakfast Sunday morning was pretty good. The hotel is located fairly close to everything, taxis were plentyful. I would stay here again. Keep in mind, free breakfast, free parking, location.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the pool, alot of the rooms at the hotel face the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

First let me state that the breakfast they provide is fantastic, and well served. Everything cooked well and always hot. Stayed here 2 nights. Checked in Thursday and decided to go to the pool. Very clean and well maintained. In 2 days there was no where that we found towels for the pool. Had to bring room towels. At the first day we could see that people staying here had told friends from other hotels to come to this pool. Get's very crowded with outsiders. Security is bad if non existent. The second night was a real gem. Starting about 8 PM a rock and roll band started hammering out music on stage set up across the street. Music was so loud it rattled the windows of our room on the second floor. At 10:30 PM I decided to go the desk and tell them of our displeasure. I explained I realized they had no control, but for what I was paying, I expected to sleep. All I got from the desk was "not our fault, can't do anything about it". Yes you can, how about lowering the rates for that night I said. Just got a shoulder shrug. The next morning we decide to take a shower before checkout. Surprise!!!! No hot water. Went down to the desk and told them of my problem. All I got was " did you turn the right faucet". Now granted, I'm no rocket scientist, but I know hot from cold on the 3rd day there. I told him I'll just have to shower at my next hotel. He said that'll work. So if you want your money worth, go elsewhere. If you don't want to be disturbed on weekends, go elsewhere. And if you want a hotel with a modicum of security, go elsewhere. Bottom line, go elsewhere. The speed of the Wi-Fi was just a step above 2 cans and a string! And I won't even complain about the drunk that woke us at 3 in the morning complaining his room key didn't work. HELLO!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our Comfort Inn Downtown-Vanderbilt, Nashville-TN.
This information is very important to us, as we may improve service to our customers. On behalf of myself and our staff I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
Regarding noise due to concert across the street, we have approached city metro, to reduce the time limit on late night concerts.
And regarding guest noise issues, we have spoken to security as well as our front desk staff to rectify required issues.
Again thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future. We do appreciate your business.

With kind regards,
Mack
Wilmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We booked to stay 3 days ... We moved hotels after 1 night. The room is extremely small, no closet and bathroom had mold coming through wall. The carpet was so dirty my white socks were darkened after 2 hours ... The pictures of this hotel do not show construction going on next door. The hotel is 20 minute walk to downtown. The staff is friendly but they need to refresh and clean their motel. This is not a Comfort Inn standard.

Stayed August 2014
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thanks for staying with us in Comfort Inn Downtown, Nashville-TN
Our goal is to offer every guest a great stay. I apologize if we fell below your expectations.
Any feedback you can offer me will allow us to improve our performance.

We also have larger suite rooms with whirl pool tubs in the bath rooms. These are always in demand and people reserve in advance at a discounted price. If you are in town in Nashville next time, please call us ahead of time and we definitely can make a reservation for one of these suites.
Thanks again for your review and I hope to have opportunity to serve in the future.

Mac Kharat.
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I finally found a place to stay near downtown Nashville with a good bed, clean room, nice pool area, helpful staff, within walking distance of downtown- that didn't bust the budget! Nothing fancy but pleasant enough and a really good deal for that area and with our Farm Bureau discount we had money left for other things like dinner at Caney Creek which was fun. First night it was dinner at Dan McGinnis across the street and a walk around Music Row. Nice... The free bus runs within a quarter mile regularly, but we just walked. Good free parking is a real bonus for downtown Nashville. Business trip for us so not much sightseeing this time. Took a tour bus before and enjoyed the overview of the history and sights more than just wandering. Ryman and Hall of Fame were fun. Parthenon is beautiful at night. Cheekwood and the Hermitage great.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel was reasonably priced and our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was ok, but no great. It is a 10-15 minute walk downtown. Since we didn't spent much time there during the day, the construction site didn't bother us, but I guess it can be tiring during the day (but, there's nothing one can change about that). Very friendly and helpful staff

Stayed August 2014
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Comfort Inn Downtown in Nashville, TN is not a luxury hotel. It can only offer the basic quality of a Comfort Inn. Plus, roughly a third of the price of 100 USD/ night is not for the hotel itself, but for the central (right by I-65) and convenient (walking distance to many places downtown) location.

The rooms are a little run down but clean enough for an inexpensive hotel. TV, Microwave, fridge, and coffee pot in each room. Breakfast is included and of good quality. In addition, guests get free water (in the lobby) and free Internet as well as access to the outdoor pool when the weather is nice. The hotel also offers free parking in the hotel parking lot.

During the summer, people will be partying at the pool well beyond the official closing time. If you travel with children and/ or you are looking for a quiet place, this hotel is probably not a good choice. This hotel serves people who want to party downtown and are looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Guest
Thanks for staying with us in Comfort Inn Downtown, Nashville-TN.
Our goal is to offer every guest a great stay.
Our hotel has a largest pool when compared to any near by hotels. It is one of our biggest attractions. And also request patrons to keep the noise down in the pool area.

I apologize if we fell below your expectations.
Any feedback you can offer me will allow us to improve our performance.

Mac Kharat.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Staff were very helpful on arrival, gave us some good advice about tours etc. the hotel is clean, good pool which gets the sun all day. Breakfast was much more than I expected for a budget hotel...waffles, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit etc and even the random biscuits and gravy they seem to like here! Located about 10-15 min walk from downtown and the bars etc. we like walking so this wasn't a problem for us. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!