“Great location to get to downtown Nashville” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #87 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Agawam, Massachusetts
“Great location to get to downtown Nashville”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I stopped in Nashville on our way to North Florida. We had never been to the city and wanted to check it out.
We pre-booked the Comfort Inn as we didn't want to spend a ton of money staying downtown and we wanted easy access to highway and the Grand Ole Opry.

The hotel suited our needs. Friendly check in, free on site parking; comfortable bedding, clean room, enough towels (would gave liked thicker ones), working air conditioning, TV, small refrigerator in the room, pool (we did not use it but many people were enjoying it), washer and dryer on site, only had coffee and grabbed a few items to go for breakfast - area was pretty conjested.

If we were staying in the area we would stay here for the price.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Corryton, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a week while my mother was at Vanderbilt Hospital having heart surgery. The hotel room had bugs under microwave, there a hugeneral cockroach in the bathtube one day when I went to shower. They were not accommodating with rates since my Mom was having surgery. We had no water one night for 6 hours do to construction in the area.They did not offer to knock off some of the room rate. We extended our stay by one night advised it would be 99.00 but when we checked out it was 129.00 the people at the counter could not tell us why we were told the 99.00 rate. My mother left her billfold there and we were 3 hours away they were not any help with trying to get that back to her. I called FedEx and arranged for her billfold to be picked up they were not going to help with this even after I told them all they had to do was give the driver my credit card.
These are foreigners running the place. Hard to undestand. Poor customer service.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of entire staff and myself truly apologize for the water issue while you were staying at our hotel.
City did shut down the water without notifying us, due to a construction in one of our neighborhoods. Our maintenance crew co-ordinate with city plumbers to recover the water in couple of hours.

Regarding your lost and found billfold, as per your request hotel try to deliver to you, thru a Fed-Ex driver, which was scheduled thru you, unfortunately Fed-Ex is entirely a 3rd party which requires you’re prior pre-paid air bill which they were looking for.

As a hotel we can co-ordinate to recover your lost & found item, box/package the item and give to the corresponding delivery driver.

We do sell rooms to distressed passengers at discounted prices. However all of our rooms and corresponding prices/discounts are subject to availability. If you have reserved in advance and confirmed with a Credit card, you have gotten you’re discounts.

We do hope you will give us another chance and come back to visit us again soon.

With sincere apology,
Mack
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This place was horrible! We showed up after a long day of work and we were greeted by bugs, mould and urine stained mattresses. The rooms also had a horrible odour, masked by a very strong perfume smell. I strongly suggest looking elsewhere when trying to stay downtown Nashville.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay.
Again, I am very sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are a completely smoke free property and those who choose to smoke in the room incur a $250 fine.
I also apologize that the housekeeping service did not meet your expectations and I have spoken with our executive housekeeper regarding these issues.
We very much appreciated the opportunity to rectify these problems and we look forward for the opportunity to improve upon your next stay!

Thanking you
With Kind regards
Mac Kharat.
Longview, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We knew this hotel didn't look great but it was late and every other hotel was booked and we had failed to make a reservation. Plus we were exhausted. The room was #119 and had black mold on the ceiling and in the bathroom. It should be condemned by the health department. It was extremely nasty,(the tub was gross,) and needless to say every little cough or scratch in our throat we felt for the next week we blamed on the cooties from this room. ( And I really did get a sore throat and lost my voice.) The kicker is they charged us $186.00! And that was with a discount because we complained. We really got taken. Don't be a fool like we were.

Room Tip: The door to our room opened right smack out to the pool where people partied all night. This would h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thanks for staying with us in Comfort Inn Downtown, Nashville-TN.
Our goal is to offer every guest a great stay. I apologize if we fell below your expectations.
Any feedback you can offer me will allow us to improve our performance.
I have personally adjusted 10% off of your stay
Thanks again for your review and I hope to have opportunity to serve in the future.

Mac Kharat.
Nashville-TN-37203
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here on June 29th for one night. We had never been to Nashville and it was a good stop to breakup our trip to Orange Beach AL. We found the hotel to be perfect for the price, location, and free breakfast in the morning. You can walk to the downtown area from the hotel. It is about 8 blocks, or we were told a cab was fairly cheap. We enjoyed the walk after a 9 hour drive. Broadway street is the bar and restaurant street, if you want to look it up on google maps. I had a hard time before we went to try and figure out where the action was for the one night. That is all we had time to do. We were there on a Sunday and found out kids under 21 are not allowed in the bars past 7. One place did, Rippys, kids are allowed to around 10. After we ate ribs, we walked back to our hotel. The pool looked nice. People were in it at night. The room was a little small, but it was clean. It was perfect for one night. The continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I took a black light flashlight to the room & it was clean. The cleanest we've seen in a long time at any place we have stayed. Great location. Friendly staff. Very nice breakfast too. In room fridge & microwave included. The place is designed nice, location of steps & elevators are very convenient no matter what part of the property you're going too. There's a self service laundry room on site. The owner even came to our door to ask if our room was cleaned and everything was to our satisfaction. We've never had that happen! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Found big yellow stain on sheet & the comforter asking with dirt & a short piece hair. IS THIS URINE STAIN??? Asked them to change the sheets & the comforters, but came with only one comforter and none of the pillow cases. I wish I could have taken a picture of how this guy showed up with rolled up wrinkly comforter under his arm (pit)...I said both need to be changed, then he said 'I know.' Looking at him holding one comforter, I seriously doubt that he knew, but I didn't want to argue. Then another guy walks in and they just threw the sheets together. I asked if they will be changing the pillow cases then the first guy said 'you need to hold on a minute, ok ma'am?' I told him I was just asking then the other guy said 'and I answered you Ma'am!' with absolute sarcasm! I didn't even hear him taking...I could not believe them... their words, tone & attitude clearly was to make me feel bad for inconveniencing them.
I wiped down the dirty toilet seat...did you really expected me to sleep on dirty, what seemed to be URINE stained linens???
All these plus bad parking, broken furniture, dirty hallways... they really need to be honest & put the pictures that truly represent their place. Other than the fact that the place was close to an event location we had to attend, it is the worst place I have ever stayed.
Not only I'll never stay here again, but I'll never recommend this place to any paying customers.
I'll find sites where I can post & share pictures & videos.

• Stayed July 2014
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
On behalf of entire team we apologize for your issues while staying at the Comfort Inn Downtown, Nashville-TN.
This is not common and does not reflect in our hotel. Every room is thoroughly cleaned by housekeeping, inspected by executive housekeeping staff and made it available for next guest.
I sincerely apologize for any short coming and I personally adjusted your charges to reflect a credit for 20% on your nights stay.

With sincere apologies,