“Convenient, but no hospitality” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #92 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Missouri
“Convenient, but no hospitality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is only about five blocks from downtown and easily half the price of nearby hotels. But when we were there they had a backhoe in the parking lot and a huge apartment project right next to the hotel. NOISE from about 6 am until about 7 pm . And the hotel front staff could sure take some courses on how to welcome guests.

There are some good restaurants right across the street. But with the exterior entrances to the hotel rooms and all the site construction, don't expect too much.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Smith,
We are very thankful for your review! We strive to exceed each of our guest expectations upon each stay. On behalf of our an entire team I do apologize if there was any inconvenience you have faced with our front desk staff service.
Also we are so excited our charming location was to your liking and that we were close to many areas of interest such "Country Music Hall Of Fame", "Bridgestone Arena" and many more.
Also we do provide the "Free Hot Breakfast", "Free Parking" and "Free Wi-Fi" in every room.
These all adds to cost of the room price, which many other downtown hotels adds a "Price Tag" on top of actual room price.
Currently Nashville is growing, which made it as one of the top 25 largest cities in the Nation.
There are couple of Apartment/office complexes are being constructed around the hotel and they should be done by couple of months.
On behalf of our entire team we thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of receiving you again here at the Comfort Inn Downtown, Music City.
with warm regards
Mack K.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Urbandale, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

You can tell the did some renovation but this hotel still needs some work. The hotel is in a great location but needs some overhaul in the cleaning department. For some reason we were given a handicap room (checked my reservation and I don't see where I reserved that type of room). The handicap seat for the shower was gross. Hair all over it and you could tell it needed a good cleaning with bleach. There was also hair on the removable shower head. The shower leaked all over the floor because it isn't a good set up. We didn't hear any of the construction or outside noise but that's because the A.C. unit was so loud it covered up the noise. We wanted to go for a swim but the pool was dirty too and I saw another hotel guest using the net to clean the pool so his little boy could go swimming. Seriously need work on cleaning.

• Stayed May 2014
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed there two nights while visiting Nashville. The front desk area was all in renovation, but all in all the place is a good motel with a pool and breakfast cafeteria. Not extraordinary (furniture and carpet a bit dated and rooms a bit squeezy), but will do as a base for sightseeing. There is a parking next to the hotel, but the number of places is limited. All in all, a good base to stay for a night or two, hopefully it will be better after the renovation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us during your visit. Your invaluable feedback will give us an opportunity to improve and be of better service to all of our guests.
We are almost finalized with our major renovation except for few rooms, which should be done in 1 more month. We have replaced all of our carpets, furniture and bedding in most of the rooms.
We redesigned our entire parking lot structure adding few more parking spots.
When you come back we should be able to satisfy all of you're needs.

We thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville and look forward in having you visit us again soon!

Best regards,

Mack K
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you travelling these days to Nashville avoid a hotel (? or motel rather) called Comfort Inn Downtown. I was actually (as foreigner) prepared for completely different relation price to the quality than in Europe, but still it surprised me a lot, how you can offer such poor conditions for sooo much money. I despite the fact that when you have the luggage you have one lift available in whole place, that should be local attraction with its own name like Turtle Run or Frozen In Time Experience. I despite the fact that I had experienced the meeting with some guy who wanted money because his credit card was not working properly. I despite the fact that the swimming pool closed and sealed like US treasury. I despite the fact that workers speak only broken Spanish (They are not absolutely information desk, but you cannot find any information in the rest of the hotel too). I despite the fact that the machine delivering drinks located on 1st floor eats more money than any of casinos of Las Vegas and delivers nothing back. I despite the fact that service room don’t give any…attention to all these facts (they are not the owner(s)). But one thing I cannot understand: Why so many people chosen this motel?. I slept well, and except the noise from highway next door and… the aforementioned small issues, felt fine and healthy. I was surprised that I did not see bugs, aliens abducting nice people or a shooting incident (On almost every door you see warining that it is the place not for people with the guns). Conclusion: if you like local folklore and adventures - this place is designed especially for you. Don’t get me wrong - I will keep in mind this place for some time.

Room Tip: I don't have any idea what to advice not to have bad room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville, TN, I want to take this opportunity to apologize for any and all inconvenience you had while staying with us.

We are almost finishing off major renovation of all our rooms, and while we did take full action with changing furniture, laying new carpets, new bath tubs and many more. There are very few rooms, which we are finalizing renovation.

I hope you will give us another chance when you visit Music City in the future.

With sincere apologies,
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We picked this hotel for the location (walking distance to Broadway) and affordability.
But we found the room very dated, furniture feels like it was picked up at a garage sale. Old carpet, does not feel clean. The shower and toilet is terribly small, can barely squeeze in and shut the door, no place to put clothes or toiletries there.
Next door construction site starts noise early morning. It is ok for one night, but would not stay longer. 2nd floor rooms may have view of downtown.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your views and concerns.
On behalf of the Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville, TN, I would like to apologize for any and all inconvenience you had while staying with us.

We are almost finishing off major renovation of all our rooms, and while we did take full action, replacing all of the furniture, replacing all of our carpets, installing new bath tubs, vanities, Granite surround and luxury style Tempurpedic mattresses. And we have left with very few rooms, which we are finalizing renovation.
I hope you will give us another chance when you visit Music City in the future.

With sincere apologies,
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

After looking at several places to stay in Nashville im so glad we chose the comfort inn! When we arrived the staff was so friendly. Vikaas, who took care of us was very informative, friendly, and genuinely nice! Arriving in a new place and feeling so welcomed was a great feeling! The room was perfect for what we were looking for and everything was very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your recent comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

We are very pleased that your stay was pleasant and enjoyable and look forward to having you as a guest in the very near future..

Thanking you
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Normally, I never have any issues with a Comfort Inn hotel. However, I stayed at this location for the Country Music Marathon. The hotel was within walking distance (which was great). However, There were
VERY loud parties and guests right outside my door ALL NIGHT LONG. I went to the lobby several times to complain and there were no efforts by the hotel staff to make the rowdy guests be quiet. I can understand that Nashville is a party-city but I paid over $300 a night to stay here and got up at 4:30am to run the marathon and never got any sleep. I'm very disappointed that this hotel allowed this to happen and I will recommend that my friends never stay here in the future.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and also for sharing your kind remarks. We value your business and are very appreciative of your support. I apologize for the issue you had with your stay especially regarding noise due to other patrons. We try to keep the guest quite down and go back to their rooms. Some times it becomes quite difficult if they have multiple rooms. However we do have night security who patrols the property and addresses these kind of issues.
We hope you will change your mind and give us another chance. We would love to serve you again in the near future.

Thanking you
Mac K.

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!