“Great value, great service, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #86 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Detroit, Michigan
“Great value, great service, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of April, 2014. We had reservations and our flight got in at 8am. We got to the hotel by 10am just to see if we could store our luggage and freshen up. To our surprise, our room was ready and we checked in. The guys at the front desk were excellent and called cabs for us whenever we needed one. Some of the other reviews are correct that the hotel is dated, but they are renovating and our room was more than comfortable. The matress was memory foam and extremely comfortable. The A/C worked great and we had a fridge and microwave. The location is perfect. Right off I-40 and a 15-20 minute walk to downtown, or a $5-$7 cab ride. We got a great AAA rate at $89.99 and I'm a Choice Hotels member. I looked at other downtown hotels and most were booked (there was a lot of conventions in town), but rates were anywhere between $240-$320. Employees were very friendly. The pool was clean. Free parking for our rental car. Breakfast was good too.

Dear Guest,
We appreciate comments such as yours and are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay!!!!
Most of our rooms have "Celebrity Tempurpedic" mattresses.
Again On behalf of myself and the staff at the Comfort Inn Manhattan we thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit!

with kind Regards
Mack K.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

After reading TA reviews, I was prepared for the worse case situation for this motel. However I was actually glad we stayed here. We were assigned room 248 right next to the ongoing construction but it never bothered us with the TV and AC running. The room, although dated, was perfectly adequate for our needs with a micro, fridge, very comfortable bed, free wifi and HOT breakfast. I had waffles every morning and was pleased. The location is great; we walked to the main attractions and used the City free bus to sightsee at other times. We had just come from the Westin (BHM) and honestly, I preferred the Comfort Inn! Easy in and out, right off I-65, free parking (in front of our room). Didn't use pool (raining) but it looked nice and clean.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear guest,
We at the Comfort Inn downtown Nashville-TN, strive to make our guests feel welcome and appreciate your complimentary review. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide outstanding service to all our guests!

On behalf of myself and the staff at the Comfort Inn, we thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit!

Philadelphia Suburbs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

beds were pretty comfortable, although the climate in the room was not-- was cold in the room when air conditioning would kick on, and then we would wake up in the middle of the night sweating. decor was reasonably updated, but with some cracks in wall paper, etc. definitely could use some upgrades. (although, i must say they were doing work during our stay-- late April 2014). I would say-- this may be expected when you choose a Comfort Inn-- but we payed MUCH more than I expected to pay at this type of hotel. (perhaps because we visited during the marathon weekend??) we weren't able to enjoy the pool-- too early in the season. it doesn't allow for any privacy, but the pool area did get some good sunlight.

breakfast was included in the price of the room, which is nice. but the food was nothing to rave about. water and coffee in the lobby was a nice touch. (computer/printer in lobby was also helpful for booking and printing tickets!!)

location was pretty good. a couple of restaurants/bars directly across from the hotel for something quick... a short walk (approximately 10 min) to the thick of things in downtown Nashville (restaurants, bars, museums) / approximately $10 cab ride. $26 cab ride from airport.

your average hotel. i was comfortable enough to stay again, but would like to see if i could get more for my money elsewhere.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing review about you’re stay. Our staff tries very hard to make sure guests enjoy their stay each and every day.
We are almost done upgrading whole of our facility. Since you were there during Country Music marathon week, the prices were little higher than normal.
Hope you give us one more chance, to come back & stay with us.
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is only a 9$ cab ride to all the bars and main strip of Nashville. Our room had several long black hairs in the shower, the same long black hair in the bed and the room was overall slightly clean. I should mention we were three guys with short hair staying int his room.However, the price and location is the selling point for this location.

We had befriended a group of girls staying across the courtyard and began drinking poolside. They brought a radio and were nice enough to allow me to continue using it while they went on a tour. Our group exchanged #'s and made arrangements to return the radio. While we were out, I got a text messages saying they wanted the radio, however we were out and unable to meet them. They went to the front desk were given a room key to our room without I.D. name of occupant or anything. They simple said they wanted inside rm 306.

Upon learning of this, I immediately returned to the hotel and confronted the manager about giving access to our room to complete strangers. He informed me that if something was missing I could call the cops if I wanted. He was less then helpful other than deactivating all existing room keys. Needless to say, we exchanged words and he provided no explanation as to why he allowed someone access to my room.

This is a crappy hotel situated in a great location. You get what you pay for. I forgot to mention, there was no water in the pool.

Dear Guest,
I read your review and I am just speechless. Our property is all about customer service and providing the best possible stay for our guests and do apologize about this mix up. The other guest who got the key said they did not have the valid ID but however they mentioned you're Ph. number and Zipcode as personal credentials. Based upon these they were given Key.
We strictly enforce upon showing up of valid I.D, we will provide the Room Keys to every guest.
Thank you very much for expressing your review.
Please give us a opportunity to come back and stay with us.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Starting with the positives, obviously the location of this hotel is a plus. It's probably a bit outside walking distance from Broadway and other downtown venues, but it's very close. Parking is complimentary and while I had no problem parking, the lot did seem a bit small, so I'm wondering if that is an issue at other times. The included breakfast is also very good for this level of hotel. It's your standard breakfast room with cereals, breads and 2 waffle makers, but several hot items were available as well. The room was very busy when we arrived, but we were still able to get our items and find a seat, so it flowed well. Access is a bit strange: the breakfast room almost seems like an afterthought at the end of the corridor on the 3rd floor, but that's mainly due to the limited options available given the hotel's floorplan.
Now, the hotel does appear to be undergoing renovation, but I'm really wondering how much will be able to be done other than updating the rooms. First of all, the corridors are all outside, which certainly dates this property. There are elevators to reach the 3 floors, but at least the one we used was dirty and dingy (maybe this will be updated, but it is an outdoor elevator). When you exit the elevator (which is on the back corridor), room number signs only point you to rooms on the back side with no indication of which direction rooms on the front are. While obvious in hindsight, when you exit the elevator looking for a sign pointing you to your room and there is nothing, you have to stop and wonder. One additional sign pointing to the front corridor is all it would take.
Despite the downtown location, room noise was actually very low and the bed was comfortable, so I have to give them high marks on that.
The room itself was definitely dated, not so much in the amenities but the size and shape itself. The room, and especially the bathroom, was tiny and screams 50's motel room. They have tried to update it, but it ends up looking cramped. They did a horrible job caulking the tile in the bathroom--basically looking very sloppy.
The lobby of the hotel is small but attractive. We were greeted by an associate and checked in, but the associate then started having a conversation with what appeared to be the manager in their native language, which I thought was very rude. This went on for a minute or two when finally she handed us our key and directed us to the third floor. The room number on our packet said 223 even though she had mentioned the third floor (this is part of what added to our confusion as we exited the elevator on the second and saw no markings for our room number--we figured that in fact room "223" must be on the third floor as she had mentioned--no, it was just on the front side of the 2nd floor but of course it wasn't marked).
We finally found room 223, went in and proceeded to unpack. About 10 minutes after we arrived, someone else opens the door with their key. They were two kids staying with their parents in the adjacent room. Apparently we had been given the wrong key. Fortunately this happened just minutes after our arrival, but this is simply inexcusable. Apparently the manager at the front desk was the one who made the key and was in a hurry or distracted when the associate told him the room number. I wonder if they had at least been speaking in English if we would have caught the error.
To sum up, I will give this location 3 stars because for the location we did get a good value. But I really would have a hard time staying here again or recommending this to others.

Room Tip: With outside corridors you may want to avoid the first floor.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Driving to Nashville through a severe thunderstorm we were anxious to get to the hotel. Don't arrive early the rooms are not cleaned and you cannot check in. The hotel was very busy it was the weekend of the women's Final Four. Much to my surprise the hotel was within walking distance to many attractions like the Ryman Theater, Fisk Musuem and the downtown area filled with all the bars and restaurants with plenty of music. The rooms were cleaned and sheets changed every day. The cleaning staff were very nice and did a great job. Free internet in the lobby where they mopped the floor everyday. The staff was great very helpful if you had any concerns especially Paula the supervisor. The breakfast was good the usual and they kept the area nice and clean. . The only draw back is that they is construction next door and a couple of blocks away. If you get a room to cut the noise from the building in the back you have the traffic from the highway. We had the air conditioner on so it didn't bother our sleep during the night. Across the street is a great Greek pizzeria. The .food was great and reasonable. On the corner up the street is an Irish Bar and restaurant with good food too..Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room on 3rd floor easy walk around to breakfast area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very glad you enjoyed our Suite and hospitality. Thank you for your compliments on our HOT breakfast, beds, staff and management.

We are looking forward to see you again
Kind Regards
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Location, location, location. I'm a Choicehotels member so always look for their brands. A short weekend to Nashville for my wife and I. Wanted to explore the evening-life (too old for the real nightlife). This hotel is about $90-100 less than hotels on the other side of the interstate (downtown) but is only 2 blocks from a stop for the free shuttles that will drop you downtown in the middle of everything. I've been by this place several times through Nashville to scout the location and it seems to always have some construction going. That being said, everyone is very polite and personable. We were offered a larger room, but declined since it was just the two of us. Room has some age, but no smells or grime. The best part of this motel (all doors open outside) is the location and relatively good price. You can walk one direction along Music Row or the opposite way to downtown. My wife is already talking about another visit and we will likely revisit this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mac K, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell about your stay at our Comfort Inn Downtown, Nashville-TN. we do value this feedback as we may better serve our guests. Our number one goal is our customers satisfaction. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future. Also, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. Again Thank You and we do appreciate your business.

Mack.

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!