“GaryandCarol” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #83 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
“GaryandCarol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

THis our 3rd Holiday to the USA n wouldnt stay any where else. The staff are extremely friendly and so helpful, they strive to help in all aspects. The hotel is undergoing some refurbishment at the minute which did not make any difference to our stay or the friendly helpfullness of the staff. The cleaning staff are always smiling and very obliging.
The room was great for our needs, 2 beds, fridge, microwave, A coffee machine . A huge flat screen tv for the occasional nights we stayed in.
Washing machine and dryers available, only 2 each o each machine for the whole hotel, hey who wants to stay in doing washing.
They have security through the night walking around, not that i think they need it everyone is very friendly.
It about a mile from downtown Broadway..$6-8 for a cab which the front desk staff will call for you or a nice walk if you feel up to it.
If we go back to NAshville we will be booking this hotel again.
Many thanks for making our stay once again very pleasureable

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mac K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on trip advisor! We're thrilled to discover that you enjoyed your time with us! The staff works hard to assist our guest in any way we can. I'm glad we were able to assist in making your time in Nashville a memorable one! It truly is a pleasure working with each and every individual here. Once again thank you very much for your kind words. I look forward to your next visit to Nashville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Guelph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel everyone pleasant rooms clean nice pool area a good selection to choose from for quick breakfast. Internet not so good in rooms this year but great near the office a 17 minute walk to Broadway I have stayed there several times and will go back

• Stayed August 2013
Mac K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments.I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your outstanding comments. Your feedback is very important to us. They tell us what we are doing right and how can we improve. Once again thank you very much. Hope to see you soon.
Romford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We originally booked for 3 nights but left after 1
The motel (not hotel) is right next to a major building site
The motel itself is under renovation and the lobby is closed as is the fitness room
Our room was shabby and dark and was next to the lift, it had a tiny bathroom and no plug in the wash basin a free standing wardrobe took up a lot of space
We were awoken at 6.30am due to trucks delivering to the construction site
The breakfast room was dirty and stuffy due to the poor air con
When we complained we were told that as we had per booked (and paid) via a third party no refunds were due
We cut our losses and booked a decent hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and with taxes ended up paying $113 a night. I would say that is about all this hotel is worth, but honestly what do you expect for $113 a night. It was totally fine. We were there 9/19-9/22. Yes, the lobby is under construction but aside from checking in who hangs out in the lobby. The pool was great, the kids had a blast swimming. Our room had 2 double beds. Yes, the bedspreads are dated but they are under major construction and I'm sure those will be switched out soon. It was totally fine, I really had some major anxiety with checking in to the hotel based on the reviews here. Our room was clean, staff was nice, breakfast was fine. It wasn't a Four Season but like I said for $113 I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons. It was a cheap clean place and I would totally stay there again for the price. Parking was great, no issues there, it was a $6-8 cab ride for 3 people to get to the bars on Broadway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mac K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us.So glad to know that you were able to experience our authentic Comfort hospitality. We look forward to see you soon. have a great day.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The other reviews are pretty accurate. I was seeing a concert at Bridgestone Arena on a Fri and Sat night and was hoping to have easy access to downtown vs driving/parking. Truth be told I thought this was a hotel I had seen friends previously book, but that was actually the HAMPTON Inn which is around the corner from the arena. My bad.

Location- others have said .8 miles and 20 minute walk to downtown, correct. In the rain or cold you would think at least twice about walking, or if you are a solo female or after a night of drinking. Of note I so no trouble whatsoever, but all it takes is some bad luck. For those scenarios or to step out the door and have things right there you really need to be closer to downtown.

Room- the WiFi was included and was SUPER fast. Uploaded my concert videos in about 1/4th the time it would take me at my own home. Bed was comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower was massive. There was also cigarette burn holes in my comforter, I could smell smoke on my things even after I had left to go home, and there was a fly in my room I couldn't get rid of. A decent amount of road noise that didn't personally bother me, and with the curtains closed the room did not cool well because it blocked the window unit air con frm circulating properly. There is an outdoor pool seems pleasant enough weather permitting. I didn't try the breakfast.

Price- I paid about $169 a night, which was on the lower side of what I could find walking distance to downtown. If you have the money pay more to stay closer, or it would be much better value to stay about a 10min drive away, have somewhere nicer, and still more than offset the price of your rental car or limited taxi rides.

Room Tip: Area facing the pool should have less road noise, assuming no late night people hanging out there.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this property and loved it! The staff and management went above and beyond to help out with anything needed. Also, it is an easy walk downtown and also has some fun bars and restaurants across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mac K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.So glad to know that you were able to receive our southern hospitality. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. We are very glad to hear and know that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time. Once again thank you very much. Hope to see you soon.
Pendleton, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotel was going through renevation. It was pricey, but probably one of the cheaper hotels close to downtown. We walked downtown and taxied back for less than $10. The walk is not bad, weather permitting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mac K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback. As you know, we are located in the heart of Nashville. Our staff works very hard to provide the best experience possible. Once again thank you very much for staying with us. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!