“Disappointing...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Millburn
“Disappointing...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Our room was small and quite dark. Even after asking for a light bulb to replace the one that was burnt out, it was still very difficult to see in the room. We were there for two nights and an odor from the bathroom became stronger as time went on. Also, there was a space between our room door (to the outside) and the wall, so much so that there was cold air coming through and you could see outside!

We arrived at the buffet breakfast a few minutes before the ending time. Our breakfast would have been enjoyable, except for the woman working in the room who started to put the food away as early as 5 minutes before breakfast time even ended and then actually asked everyone to leave the room by 5 minutes after!

Out of the six hotels/motels that we stayed in those two weeks, this one was the most disappointing!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

We found this hotel to be a very clean and nice place to stay.

The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the main area. We found the area to be safe to walk around at night with no problems.

Breakfast in the morning was good. View have lots of selection and fresh waffles.

If we return to Nashville we would stay again and we would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2012
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Took a gamble on hotwire.com and paid $45/night for a mystery hotel that you find out after paying - it was the Comfort Inn Nashville/Demonbreun Street. Reviews were not great so we prepared ourselves for the worst. The hotel room itself was fine for what we paid. It was fairly small but had a fridge (one bonus!). The hotel itself was not the dirtiest, but I still wore shoes/socks to walk around in and laid towels on the tiled floor as it did not seem too incredibly clean. The worst part was the chain latch had clearly been broken off and just screwed back on and the door did not fit properly so little bugs got in the room. The breakfast was not really that great compared to other places with continental breakfasts and it ends pretty early (in case you intend to be out partying to late!).

The walk to downtown Broadway Ave was about 10-15 minutes. In the daytime, it was fine but at night I did not necessarily feel that safe (walking with my fiancé). I admit that I am also just a little paranoid of walking at night anyway, my fiancé felt safe.

We would have stayed at this hotel to save money on our trip however one night upon returning from downtown there was a very sketchy person on the top floor (where we were also staying). We walked up and he had moved around to our side of the building. I did not feel safe so I said to my fiancé "I think I want a drink from the pop machine" (so the guy did not think I was just freaked out to go up because he was there) and we went back down to the first floor. We went in to the main lobby so that I could relax a bit. We decided to go back to see if this guy was gone and as we were walking past the pop machine - he was getting off the elevator to go to the pop machine (seemed like an odd coincidence!). We hurried quickly up the stairs to our top floor room and I did not feel safe for the rest of the night (especially because our chain latch had clearly been busted off once before!!).

We decided to switch hotels because of this experience as I did not want to feel unsafe and paranoid for the rest of the trip. There was not really any security that I saw - only one person working the front desk at night and it is a motel set up so anyone can go up and down the floors. We did not receive any money back for the 4 nights that we did not spend at this hotel as it was paid up-front with no cancellation allowed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Batemans Bay NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

spacious room, clean, great location. Didn't use pool but it looked nice and clean. Great buffet breakfast included. Ten minutes to walk to Union Square and the Honky Tonk bars. Three woman walking at night, felt quite safe. Ten dollars to catch taxi back to hotel also good value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin IRELAND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

A friend of mine had already booked this hotel when I got to read the reviews. Boy was I worried ! As it turned out I have to say the bad reviews in my opinion did no justice to this hotel at all. Maybe they have cleaned up their act in recent times, but I have to say this place is real value for your dollar. Centrally located, free bus into Broadway and despite reports very clean. The reception and room service staff couldn't do enough to please. Overall while not five star there were no problems with what you get for your money, in fact I thought it was great value! Will call again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Hotel was super busy with loads of visitors to the Nashville area. Easy to get to and lots of things to do within walking distance.
Room was fine and clean. Nothing special but not horrible. Bathroom area was small but clean.
Breakfast area was crowded but was expected.

Outside entry rooms but we stayed on 2nd floor and felt very safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper level. Lots of people traffic at the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

After staying two nights, our family felt the name of this inn should be changed from "Comfort Inn" to "Uncomfortable Inn." As I write this, my back is still sore from trying to sleep on their uncomfortable, lumpy beds with small pillows instead of standard pillows The sheet and the mattress protector bunched-up and would not fit the bed correctly. One bed had a large roach waiting to tuck us in. Nothing is more unsanitary as big brown roaches on your bed! We like chocolate mints on our pillows, not nasty bugs! Their staff was slow, unprofessional, and could hardly speak English, and at check-in they were unable to communicate to us how to find our room. The "free" breakfast was a disaster! One day, I tried the biscuits and gravy, but couldn't stand the taste and threw it in the garbage; and on the next day I couldn't even get a piece of toast because they hadn't prepared enough for their customers. The free breakfast was depleted 30 minutes before the serving time was scheduled to be finished; and in broken English, a dining room employee responded to my desire for bread with simply, "...no food." So, if you plan to stay at the "Uncomfortable Inn of Nashville," don't expect to have a good breakfast. We walked away from their merger breakfast and traveled10 miles to eat a great breakfast at Cracker Barrel on I-40. I recommend any of the Cracker Barrels in the Nashville area. When we see an advertised service at a Comfort Inn, like breakfast as part of our stay, we expect to get what we pay for; but they couldn't even serve me a piece of bread. As I made my reservation, their room rates seemed reasonable, but when I look closer at the quality of their services, I feel a bit cheated by a second-rate property not worthy to be called a franchise of Comfort Inn. This is a inn that needs better management!

Room Tip: In the future I recommend reading reviews, If I had read the reviews provided here, I would have st...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!