“Billing department has definite issues” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #45 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Billing department has definite issues”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Definitely don't book this hotel if you aren't 100% sure you are going to use it. I booked it well in advance for a birthday weekend in Nashville, because I noticed that a lot of hotels were already booked up three months out. I ended up canceling, because I didn't end up needing it, and even though I have a cancellation email and number, and even though Reservations has confirmed for me that the only stay they have on file was cancelled well in advance, and even though I got no emails reminding me of my upcoming stay (which I have been informed I should have gotten), I was charged $454 for a no-show fee. Billing has told me they have nothing in their files indicating I cancelled my stay (even though, as I said, Reservations told me I did), and therefore there is nothing they can do. Apparently there is only one person who can resolve this issue for me, Elliott Stamps, and he will not call me back. Now I have to cancel a Memorial Day trip to visit my family, because I don't have the funds in my account to pay for my rental car, due to the $454 no-show charge the Sheraton has basically stolen from me and refuses to take the time to reissue or even research to get to the bottom of the problem. It's been a really nice birthday present. I will for sure never stay in a Sheraton due to this experience, and I highly recommend others stay anywhere but here. The Hilton Doubletree in downtown Nashville has beautiful facilities and they were extremely easy to work with.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I was in Nashville for an all girls' birthday party. 9 of us stayed at the Sheraton which has been updated mod-style fairly recently. The rooms were comfortable and tastefully furnished. The staff were helpful. We were on the Club floor and allowed club access. Breakfast on Saturday morning was a fiasco with too many people and not enough food or plates. The one poor man running the club was doing all he could to hand wash plates fast enough. When we arrived, basically all of the food was gone and so were the plates. If they weren't out of coffee, they were out of cups. I ended up eating oatmeal out of a paper Starbucks cup. We decided to forego the free breakfast on Sunday and eat elsewhere. Hotel has a good location, several blocks from Broadway. We walked down there several times.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Elizabeth G, Owner at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Liane,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I’m really glad that you liked your room and found our staff to be helpful – that’s great to hear! I’m sorry to hear, though, that breakfast in the Club Lounge was so hectic – that can happen at peak times. Our Club Lounge is supposed to provide a relaxing environment for those staying on the club level in which they can enjoy complimentary breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres, and use the computer/copier/fax/printer and other office supplies provided. I will look into adding a staff member or two to help in the lounge during peak times. I really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks again,

Valparaiso, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stopped here for a night on our way to FLA. I was leery when I read that the hotel had been recently renovated. In my experience recently renovated means old hotel with a fresh coat of paint.

The parking garage and elevator in the parking garage were old without the fresh coat of paint. Once inside the hotel I was impressed with the open layout and modern feel to the lobby. But once in the room I was back to the old hotel with a fresh coat of paint theory. A thin coat of paint I might add and some of that paint was still on the outside of the window. The room was small, the AC worked all night to lower the room temp from 72 to 71 despite it being set at 68 and the toilet didn't flush very well. Not what I was expecting at a supposed 4 star hotel.
It's a modest walk down some empty streets to get to the action on Broadway. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear K's Travel'n M,

Thank you for your feedback. We put quite a bit of money into renovating the hotel last year, and I’m sorry to hear that you were still disappointed with the facilities. Our rooms are around 340 square feet and feature either two double beds or a king, an armchair, and a dresser. Poor air conditioning and toilet functionality in our guestrooms is not the norm, and I apologize for those issues. It sounds like we need to perform some maintenance in the guestroom you stayed in and hopefully will be notified of the room number and able to soon. I realize you’re disinclined return to our hotel, but, if you do, please reach out to management directly during your stay and hopefully we will be able to fix any issues you have in a timely manner so that you are more pleased with your stay.

Thanks,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Huge TV, guest WiFi that is fast enough for Netflix, easy HDMI connection, and plenty of USB ports throughout the room. Oh, and the bed is comfortable too. That's about all I'm looking for on a business trip, and Sheraton Nashville delivers. I guess the elevators could be snappier but that's all I could think to complain about and pretty minor.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Patrick,

I'm so glad to hear that our hotel met your needs and that you enjoyed your stay! We're working on speeding up the elevators as we speak. If you ever return to Nashville, please reach out to me directly so that I can help plan your stay!

Fondly,

Rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

You know you are off to a bad start when you check in, the front desk never asked if I was part of their SPC rewards and then hands me the keys with barely any conversation. Having never been at this property before the lobby appears sleek and modern and I heard they just went through a major renovation. When I entered my room I was immediately disappointed that there were 2 double beds not the 1 king I had requested. I immediately and politely called the front desk inquiring to change my room. With my confirmation in hand the attendant over the phone mildly argues that a double is what I had requested. I explain that I have a print out clearly stating otherwise.
Note: I am married with 3 kids and also care for my 90 year old father-trust me a king size bed alone is always my first request!
After friendly banter and realizing I am not going to get what I requested - also note I am paying for 2 rooms as this is a business trip not pleasure. But let's move on.
Elevators slow and insufficient.
Overall not impressed. I hope my trade association picks s better property. Not worth the price.

Room Tip: If you are afraid of heights this is not for you.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear amh523,

I am so sorry that you experienced issues with getting the room you requested. I will speak with my front desk staff and make sure they are aware of how to look at what type of reservation was booked. Even if we thought you had booked a double, if we had space we should have moved you to the room type you were requesting. I also apologize that our elevators were slow. During busy periods, that sometimes happens. We are working to address this issue and find solutions.

Best,

Kendall Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a decent hotel, but I was shocked that during my stay that they rented the atrium out for a HUGE and very LOUD event, so if you are a business traveler in the hotel, beware that you may not be able to get any sleep until past 12:00am. Hard to believe they would put out all of the other guests like that. In addition, the elevators are incredibly slow. I am an event planner, and am putting six VIPs in this hotel and I know that they are not going to be happy with all of the noise and the craziness. I have learned my lesson that I need to ask more questions prior to choosing. I won't be considering this sort of property for my other events.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Hi mccormc,

I am really sorry to read that you weren't impressed with our hotel. I just wanted to address some of the items you mentioned.

I'm not sure if you spoke with management while you were at the hotel, but I hope that they explained that we were hosting a large group at the hotel during your stay that included 300+ music industry executives. This group was an anomaly – it is very rare that we have a group this large or one that is so centered around musical performances. I really am sorry that it disturbed you and your colleagues and that we weren't able to move you to a more quiet section of the hotel. We really appreciate you bringing us business and should have made more of an effort to accommodate you and your group. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss this further.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel has recently been refurbished and the public areas are very nice. My room was bright and well appointed. Bathroom in room is small by today's standards but it was new and clean and everything worked well.
Location is great for access to the country music tourist sites, the Bridgestone Centre and the honky tonks on Broadway. A bit of a long walk up the hill after a night of heavy imbibing but that is more on me than the location.
The bar on the main floor was a nice place to hangout and watch sports on TV. Decent food and friendly staff.
Unfortunately there is no concierge desk at the hotel to assist visitors with recommendations and reservations. When asked the bell staff did offer a local perspective on bars and restaurants to try outside the hotel.
Self parking at $28 was only a buck less than the car rental but I assume that is market price for the area. Room taxes vey high adding about a third to my bill but that is on Nashville and not on the hotel.
The executive lounge on 24 is a bit small but nicely laid out and furnished. Food selection was very good. A special thanks to the gentlemen that supervises the lounge during the morning breakfast service. Very helpful, friendly and hard working. He is an excellent ambassador for the hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear OntarioGuy,

Thank you so much for your time and effort to review our hotel and provide us with feedback – I really appreciate it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Nashville and your stay at our hotel! In regards to our concierge service, I am glad our bell staff was able to assist you, but, in the future, please know that our front office staff should be able to assist you with your ticket/reservation needs and should be able to give you suggestions about activities in Nashville. They are equipped with maps to give you directions and are very knowledgeable about the city. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your future stays!

Best,

Elizabeth

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!