“Much better than expected!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #45 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Miami, Florida
“Much better than expected!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I visited the Sheraton because I had no options, my company would only pay for this hotel on my trip to Nashville. Well good thing they only paid for this one. I was surprised by how the lobby and the rooms looked. The property looks very nice and rooms are very clean and modern. They have a bar/restaurant in the first floor with plenty of seating area to relax and grab a drink. They also have complimentary pool table that you can use but it only has one stick and a broken white ball. Hopefully they replace those two by the time you check in. This hotel is really close to downtown you can walk to almost everything, but If don't feel like walking they have complimentary shuttle within 2 miles of the hotel. Overall I had an amazing time. I will definitely choose the Sheraton on my next trip to Nashville.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

When you walk into a hotel and the front desk staff greets you with a warm BIG smile addressing me by my last name...well, let's just say I felt special! That wonderful front desk lady was Jonnelle and what's really wonderful is that I've only met her once before months ago, I was tired and grumpy from a long flight and she just shook the grumpy out of me as if she was welcoming me into her home. Class act indeed!!! Jonnelle expedited my check in, found me a cell phone charger as I forgot mine at home, delivered it and just made every effort to sincerely ensure my stay would be the best it could be! In the morning I needed some printing to which Peter and Lynn promptly took care of (front desk folks again) helping get on with my day. Tina is another star as is of course the host with the most...Melvyn up in the Club Lounge. What a gentleman and consumate professional. Look folks, this is a GREAT property and probably THE BEST property in Nashville. I travel 200+ nights a year and as far as downtown business hotels...this is TOP SHELF!!! Try it out and see for yourself... "You'll Be Back"!!!
Can't forget about the super efficient maud service. They're polite, fast and awesome!! Oh yeah... They even have a great bar that served AWESOME food! Can't wait to come back!!!

chicago il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed 2 nights passing through on a trip south, found reviews on Trip Advisor which helped in the decision process, walked to honky tonk bars, great places to eat nearby, hotel offered complimentay ride to local spots. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor with view, also if you have pet allergies ask for a floor with no pets.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

One of the most important things to me for a hotel is how quiet the rooms are. We were on the 10th floor near the elevator. This room was so, so quiet! I never heard anyone in the hall, above me, beside me or below me. Even when there were events held on the 2nd floor (open to the atrium), I didn't hear a thing. The bed was also great as well as the cleanliness of the room. Bar drinks are high, but so are the bar drinks at any of the bars on Broadway. The hotel was close to all of the nightlife in downtown as well as the hall of fame & other tourist attractions. We did not have a vehicle as we flew in...so no airport shuttle either. Airport to downtown taxi is a flat $25 one way.

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spend an average of 85-100 nights a year in hotels. I have been exclusive to the Marriott brand, however was contemplating jumping ship to SPG based upon their relationship with american express for points transfers, and most importantly the ability to checkin online and even open some room doors with my apple watch. Sadly, I think I may be staying with Marriott after this stay.

Major Issues:
1. Check-in. The line was long and slow even for the Gold/Platinums. I checked in and went up to room 1420, only to discover neither key card worked to open my door. I found the house phone in the hallway and called down, they told me someone would be right up with keys. 15 minutes later, no one showed up so I hiked all of my luggage back down and got back in to the long line. No concessions were made.

2. Room Service. On the night prior to my checkout I left the breakfast order door tag out with the delivery time selected for 8:30-8:45. At 6:00am the phone rang, however since there is no phone next to the bed I didn't answer it. Just as I am about to fall back asleep from this annoyance, there is a knock at my door at 6:40am with my breakfast. I ask her to hand me the door tag, which I show her clearly has 8:30-8:45 selected. She leaves.

Mistakes happen, what I look for is what is done to correct those mistakes. When I called down to inform them my key didn't work, someone should have been jogging to my room with a bottle of cold water, a $5 food and beverage credit and a set of new keys. Not an empty promise that someone would come up whom never did. Next, when I was disturbed 2 hours early (and being on west coast time, that sucks), I should have received a discount on my breakfast, or some bonus SPG points as concession. Not an "oh oops sorry".

Minor Issues:
1. The gym is great, lots of equipment and space. However, the water dispenser uses those old paper cone type of cups that I thought were extinct. Since you can't set those down to re-use I must have gone through 20 during the course of a workout. Simple flat bottom cups that hold more then a sip and can be re-used should be available.

2. The room is nicely appointed, ample power outlets within reach of the bed for mobile devices. The bathroom is incredibly small however, with poor water pressure from the shower head. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, and my room had no mini-fridge which shocked me as that's a standard in all of my rooms at any Marriott family hotel.

3. The food available in room service and the bistro is good, however the menu is limited. I ordered room service one evening and 5 minutes later the phone started ringing. I get that you want to check in on the guest, however is there anything more annoying then having a mouth full of food only to have your phone ring?

4. The pool is a cement pit in a windowless room, with no hot tub. I get the need for an indoor pool, but maybe choose a room with some windows or something to make it feel a little more inviting. At the very least, put in a hot-tub for post workout enjoyment.

In retrospect I wish I would have just stuck with Marriott and stayed nearby at the Renaissance. I am going to give SPG 2 more chances as I have booked 2 of their "W" brand hotels in the next few weeks.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a girls trip to Nashville last week. Check in took a little longer than expected but most likely because we were a group. Rooms were nice & clean with a great view (20th floor room 2007). Staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast on the 2nd floor restaurant runs $17.95 for the buffet but you can get your eggs cooked to order & includes OJ & Coffee.
Bar staff were lovely but watch out for the cost on some of the drinks, a double mimosa is $30 dollars we found out the hard way & the house sauvignon blanc is $18.
The hotel runs a free shuttle to drop off and pick up to most of the hotspots in town which is really great, big shout out to Charlie our driver who was fantastic. Shuttle service ends at 11ish. Uber service is fantastic in Nashville so in the event you can't get a shuttle hop an uber.

Don't forget 9% sales tax everywhere you go in Nashville.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Usually we avoid chains like felons avoid prison - but we got a great rate on an executive floor and we're loving every minute. having the exec room for breakfast and an early evening snack has been great. Try the sliders in the bar. Last night kids were playing the piano in the lobby. Cool rooms. Great vibe.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!