“Very, very quiet!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #44 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Very, very quiet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

One of the most important things to me for a hotel is how quiet the rooms are. We were on the 10th floor near the elevator. This room was so, so quiet! I never heard anyone in the hall, above me, beside me or below me. Even when there were events held on the 2nd floor (open to the atrium), I didn't hear a thing. The bed was also great as well as the cleanliness of the room. Bar drinks are high, but so are the bar drinks at any of the bars on Broadway. The hotel was close to all of the nightlife in downtown as well as the hall of fame & other tourist attractions. We did not have a vehicle as we flew in...so no airport shuttle either. Airport to downtown taxi is a flat $25 one way.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spend an average of 85-100 nights a year in hotels. I have been exclusive to the Marriott brand, however was contemplating jumping ship to SPG based upon their relationship with american express for points transfers, and most importantly the ability to checkin online and even open some room doors with my apple watch. Sadly, I think I may be staying with Marriott after this stay.

Major Issues:
1. Check-in. The line was long and slow even for the Gold/Platinums. I checked in and went up to room 1420, only to discover neither key card worked to open my door. I found the house phone in the hallway and called down, they told me someone would be right up with keys. 15 minutes later, no one showed up so I hiked all of my luggage back down and got back in to the long line. No concessions were made.

2. Room Service. On the night prior to my checkout I left the breakfast order door tag out with the delivery time selected for 8:30-8:45. At 6:00am the phone rang, however since there is no phone next to the bed I didn't answer it. Just as I am about to fall back asleep from this annoyance, there is a knock at my door at 6:40am with my breakfast. I ask her to hand me the door tag, which I show her clearly has 8:30-8:45 selected. She leaves.

Mistakes happen, what I look for is what is done to correct those mistakes. When I called down to inform them my key didn't work, someone should have been jogging to my room with a bottle of cold water, a $5 food and beverage credit and a set of new keys. Not an empty promise that someone would come up whom never did. Next, when I was disturbed 2 hours early (and being on west coast time, that sucks), I should have received a discount on my breakfast, or some bonus SPG points as concession. Not an "oh oops sorry".

Minor Issues:
1. The gym is great, lots of equipment and space. However, the water dispenser uses those old paper cone type of cups that I thought were extinct. Since you can't set those down to re-use I must have gone through 20 during the course of a workout. Simple flat bottom cups that hold more then a sip and can be re-used should be available.

2. The room is nicely appointed, ample power outlets within reach of the bed for mobile devices. The bathroom is incredibly small however, with poor water pressure from the shower head. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, and my room had no mini-fridge which shocked me as that's a standard in all of my rooms at any Marriott family hotel.

3. The food available in room service and the bistro is good, however the menu is limited. I ordered room service one evening and 5 minutes later the phone started ringing. I get that you want to check in on the guest, however is there anything more annoying then having a mouth full of food only to have your phone ring?

4. The pool is a cement pit in a windowless room, with no hot tub. I get the need for an indoor pool, but maybe choose a room with some windows or something to make it feel a little more inviting. At the very least, put in a hot-tub for post workout enjoyment.

In retrospect I wish I would have just stuck with Marriott and stayed nearby at the Renaissance. I am going to give SPG 2 more chances as I have booked 2 of their "W" brand hotels in the next few weeks.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a girls trip to Nashville last week. Check in took a little longer than expected but most likely because we were a group. Rooms were nice & clean with a great view (20th floor room 2007). Staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast on the 2nd floor restaurant runs $17.95 for the buffet but you can get your eggs cooked to order & includes OJ & Coffee.
Bar staff were lovely but watch out for the cost on some of the drinks, a double mimosa is $30 dollars we found out the hard way & the house sauvignon blanc is $18.
The hotel runs a free shuttle to drop off and pick up to most of the hotspots in town which is really great, big shout out to Charlie our driver who was fantastic. Shuttle service ends at 11ish. Uber service is fantastic in Nashville so in the event you can't get a shuttle hop an uber.

Don't forget 9% sales tax everywhere you go in Nashville.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Usually we avoid chains like felons avoid prison - but we got a great rate on an executive floor and we're loving every minute. having the exec room for breakfast and an early evening snack has been great. Try the sliders in the bar. Last night kids were playing the piano in the lobby. Cool rooms. Great vibe.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Cocoa Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here last week while in downtown Nashville. The room was fine, but nothing special. (The blue chair that's shown in the online photos is horrifically uncomfortable and you will struggle to keep your balance when you sit in it, as it's flimsy and tends to tilt and nearly fall over! NOT built for comfort!) And don't bother paying the extra for the 'city view,' because it's nothing special and you can look at rooftops in ANY downtown city! Very disappointing & anticlimactic!

Beds were very comfy with ample linens and pillows and the room was very clean upon arrival. The room decor was simple, almost bordering on 'sparse,' I felt.

BUT the bathroom is showing signs of age, and the shower tiles need to be replaced. The paint around the bathroom doorframe and in spots in the bathroom and near the closet needs repair, sanding and repainting…..just little things, but they show the 'lack of attention to detail.' (And these things are inexcusable in MY book -- especially given the 'surprise ending' to my visit, as you will read…)

* Here's the clincher: When I booked the hotel online, I agreed to the $229 room rate, of course. Well, by the time I checked-OUT, my total bill for one night was $387 --- self-parking was $28/day and I watched a $16.99 movie in the room…. BUT, by the time they added on all the fees, taxes and 'fluff,' I was gouged for $387 for one night in an average hotel.

As I walked out to the parking garage with another couple and a single business traveler, we all discussed how we felt we'd just been pick pocketed and robbed; so I know I'm not alone in my assertions that this place is ridiculously overpriced and has obscene hidden costs! I'm a frequent traveler and I've stayed in top-notch hotels; and this place isn't even close to being able to merit $387 a night, I assure you!

* * * * * * * "BUYER BEWARE, FRIENDS!" * * * * * * *

Room Tip: TIP: Stay elsewhere or keep your hand on your wallet!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we arrived here at around 4p, they did not have our room ready for us to check-in. Their solution was to give me drinks and let me sit in the lobby. We had been sitting in a car since 6a and the last thing I wanted to do was sit in the lobby. It took them about 15 minutes but they finally found a room for us. I normally stay at Marriott’s and have never had this problem. The staff here is very friendly but it just seems like it is a bit slow. The hotel itself is nice, although a bit out of the way from downtown (not a difficult walk from it at all). One of the great perks was that Frothy Monkey is only a couple of blocks away so we were there for breakfast every morning.
The room was large and it was very clean. It did not have a mini fridge. The bed was a bit high off the ground. Everything was comfortable (bed, pillows, chairs). The bathroom was a nice size and also clean. The rooms were quiet.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Johannes D, Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your feedback and your patronage.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently got a great deal on Hotwire for this stay and were very pleased with our experience. Beds were comfortable, great view of the city and the hotel was clean and nicely maintained. No complaints here and the lobby is beautiful! Check in was sort of in an odd place. I thought it was pretty cool they as if you want to "be green" and refuse room service in place of a 5$ gift card for the gift shop or something of that sort and you could pick up more towels from the desk. Not everyone needs their sheets changed daily! Would def stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind feedback, come back again soon.

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!