“Super friendly staff, great location, watch out for drink prices at the bar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #44 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Morristown, New Jersey
“Super friendly staff, great location, watch out for drink prices at the bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a girls trip to Nashville last week. Check in took a little longer than expected but most likely because we were a group. Rooms were nice & clean with a great view (20th floor room 2007). Staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast on the 2nd floor restaurant runs $17.95 for the buffet but you can get your eggs cooked to order & includes OJ & Coffee.
Bar staff were lovely but watch out for the cost on some of the drinks, a double mimosa is $30 dollars we found out the hard way & the house sauvignon blanc is $18.
The hotel runs a free shuttle to drop off and pick up to most of the hotspots in town which is really great, big shout out to Charlie our driver who was fantastic. Shuttle service ends at 11ish. Uber service is fantastic in Nashville so in the event you can't get a shuttle hop an uber.

Don't forget 9% sales tax everywhere you go in Nashville.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Usually we avoid chains like felons avoid prison - but we got a great rate on an executive floor and we're loving every minute. having the exec room for breakfast and an early evening snack has been great. Try the sliders in the bar. Last night kids were playing the piano in the lobby. Cool rooms. Great vibe.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Cocoa Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here last week while in downtown Nashville. The room was fine, but nothing special. (The blue chair that's shown in the online photos is horrifically uncomfortable and you will struggle to keep your balance when you sit in it, as it's flimsy and tends to tilt and nearly fall over! NOT built for comfort!) And don't bother paying the extra for the 'city view,' because it's nothing special and you can look at rooftops in ANY downtown city! Very disappointing & anticlimactic!

Beds were very comfy with ample linens and pillows and the room was very clean upon arrival. The room decor was simple, almost bordering on 'sparse,' I felt.

BUT the bathroom is showing signs of age, and the shower tiles need to be replaced. The paint around the bathroom doorframe and in spots in the bathroom and near the closet needs repair, sanding and repainting…..just little things, but they show the 'lack of attention to detail.' (And these things are inexcusable in MY book -- especially given the 'surprise ending' to my visit, as you will read…)

* Here's the clincher: When I booked the hotel online, I agreed to the $229 room rate, of course. Well, by the time I checked-OUT, my total bill for one night was $387 --- self-parking was $28/day and I watched a $16.99 movie in the room…. BUT, by the time they added on all the fees, taxes and 'fluff,' I was gouged for $387 for one night in an average hotel.

As I walked out to the parking garage with another couple and a single business traveler, we all discussed how we felt we'd just been pick pocketed and robbed; so I know I'm not alone in my assertions that this place is ridiculously overpriced and has obscene hidden costs! I'm a frequent traveler and I've stayed in top-notch hotels; and this place isn't even close to being able to merit $387 a night, I assure you!

* * * * * * * "BUYER BEWARE, FRIENDS!" * * * * * * *

Room Tip: TIP: Stay elsewhere or keep your hand on your wallet!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we arrived here at around 4p, they did not have our room ready for us to check-in. Their solution was to give me drinks and let me sit in the lobby. We had been sitting in a car since 6a and the last thing I wanted to do was sit in the lobby. It took them about 15 minutes but they finally found a room for us. I normally stay at Marriott’s and have never had this problem. The staff here is very friendly but it just seems like it is a bit slow. The hotel itself is nice, although a bit out of the way from downtown (not a difficult walk from it at all). One of the great perks was that Frothy Monkey is only a couple of blocks away so we were there for breakfast every morning.
The room was large and it was very clean. It did not have a mini fridge. The bed was a bit high off the ground. Everything was comfortable (bed, pillows, chairs). The bathroom was a nice size and also clean. The rooms were quiet.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Johannes D, Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your feedback and your patronage.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We recently got a great deal on Hotwire for this stay and were very pleased with our experience. Beds were comfortable, great view of the city and the hotel was clean and nicely maintained. No complaints here and the lobby is beautiful! Check in was sort of in an odd place. I thought it was pretty cool they as if you want to "be green" and refuse room service in place of a 5$ gift card for the gift shop or something of that sort and you could pick up more towels from the desk. Not everyone needs their sheets changed daily! Would def stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind feedback, come back again soon.
Nerepis, NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here with a crowd for fan fair in 2002. Accommodations were perfect. Loved the glass elevator. Adjoining rooms made it easy to travel with a crowd. We asked for extra cots and pillows and all was provided at no extra cost.

Room Tip: Long walk up hill to get back after a little nightlife, a cab is a great alternative.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We are glad you enjoyed yourself.
Spokane, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here for business in March 2015. Cons: When we got up to the room we realized we had been given a room with 2 full size beds when we had reserved a king sized bed. (I didn't even know hotels still used full sized beds anymore - I thought they had all switched to queen or king.) When I went down to the front desk to inquire about changing rooms I was told the hotel was 100% booked for the entire time we were at the hotel. So, we were stuck with beds uncomfortably small for 2 adults. Housekeeping didn't visit our room until early evening - around 5pm or 5:30pm. So, if you are planning on having guests to your room, plan ahead. The 2nd day of our stay I had gone shopping and purchased a pin which was in its souvenir bag. I put the bag on top of my husband's papers on the desk. When we arrived back from dinner, housekeeping had finally arrived but they had thrown away my bag and my husband's 2 plastic water bottles,which he was re-using, and were also sitting on the desk. I immediately called the front desk and the person said they would call housekeeping and give me a call back. No call that evening. Next morning I checked with the front desk and they didn't have any record of my call but said they would check into it and call me back. That evening I did get a call from the hotel saying they would have housekeeping call me. I also asked about it at check-out and was told someone would call me. I have yet to receive a call. And, at no time did anyone ever ask me about the value of the pin. I only paid $3.00 for the pin but it is the point of the matter. I contacted the hotel 3 times while staying there and received only one call back and all she had to say was that someone would contact me. Housekeeping should throw away trash that is in the trash can. The bag may have looked empty and the bottles were empty, but they were on the desk with our other personal items, such as papework, etc. I put the items there specifically so that they would not be thrown away. They were NOT trash. (All the hotel would have to done is contact me, apologize and maybe give me a free juice or something and I would have called it good.) When I was packing up to leave I always check under the bed to make sure nothing got kicked under there. Under the bed was a pair of someone else's socks. I left them and they are probably still there! Pros: The room was clean, and the view was nice. The hotel had several teenagers staying there and making a lot of noise - but I didn't hear any of it in my room. The hotel interior is very impressive and you ride in glass elevators so you have a neat view from the higher floors. The hotel is located within easy walking distance to the Ryman, the music district, state capitol, etc. Note: Food in the immediate area seems to be limited if your are looking for something to eat either late (10pm) or early (7am) Sicilian Pizza is nearby, is good and does have food late, unfortunately we didn't discover it until our last day.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!