“Good customer service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #35 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Pros: I stayed here for 4 nights. This hotel is conveniently located downtown and only a few short blocks from main attractions that Nashville has to offer. The lobby is beautiful when you enter, and the front desk staff were very friendly and attentive. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. I was able to sleep very well, which is unusual for me when I travel - it was mostly quiet. Also, the shuttle service with Charles is wonderful!! He's very friendly and can give you lots of recommendations and information about the city.

Cons: The room itself is quiet, but it is easy to hear noise from neighboring rooms (every time someone flushed their toilet, coughed, sneezed, etc) and the hallway. We consistently had problems with the water in the shower not getting hot - we called down to report, and they said they would increase the water temperature, but the problem was present again the next day. Also, the restaurants (both Speakers Bistro and Sessions Lounge) were terribly understaffed every time I ate there (3 occasions). I ate alone for dinner one night and it took over 2 hours to get through dinner and my glass ran dry twice before anyone came over to remedy it. Others at the restaurant were also frustrated and complaining, although it wasn't particularly busy. For breakfast one morning, it took over 10 minutes to be seated (over half of the Bistro was empty) as only ONE person was working. Many other customers were starting to complain as well.

The hotel does have a Green initiative where you can decline room service in exchange for a $5 voucher. I chose to do this, yet I did not receive a voucher and had to request one at the front desk.

Also, it is very expensive to park in their garage at $30/night. Our room cards repeatedly did not work on letting us enter/exit - we had to get help and get our cards exchanged twice before everything worked like it should have.

Overall, it's a beautiful hotel, but not worth it's value at >$300/night. I expected more attention to detail and greater appreciation of their guests at this price.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Johannes D, Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Hello Stani,

Thank you so much for recognizing Charles for his service.

My sincere apology for the slow service you received in our restaurant and bar last weekend.

We will most certainly improve on your experience and share your feedback with the team.

Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance on a future travel to the hotel to ensure flawless service next time.

My e-mail is: jdiele@sheraton-nashville.com

Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The front desk was absolutely terrible. I came with a group of girlfriends for my bachelorette party. There were 8 of us and we were all told different things when we checked in. Some girls were told they had to reserve their room on a credit card, yet a couple of the girls used their debt card. Some girls had a hold on their funds, which created problems. We were all told different things and when we asked for help they couldn't do anything for us. The hotel was also under major construction. terrible experience. beautiful hotel, awful front desk staff. not helpful at all. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Good Morning Laura,

please accept my sincere apology for the less than satisfactory check-in experience in May of 2014 during our renovation.

Since then we have under taken a major service initiative and we continue to use your feedback to get better every day.

Please let me know, should your travels bring you back to Nashville, if I may be of personal assistance to make your next stay much more memorable.

My e-mail is: jdiele@sheraton-nashville.com

Kind regards.
Damascus, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We just got back from staying 3 nights at the Sheraton,it was wonderful. When we first walked in it was beautiful. Then we checked in, Johana at the front desk was very nice and helpful,then Andrew with the valet helped us to our room,very nice carried all of the luggage and was just super nice. We were on the 16th floor with a great view of the city. Once we got settled we went down to swim,pool was very nice and warm,then we went out for a night in Nashville. Once we got back we were exhausted,the beds are SUPER comfortable.Perfect for a good nights rest.Rooms are newly remodeled and they are beautiful,the whole hotel is great. However, I was riding down Elevator 3 and it stopped at a floor to pick someone up however the door didn't open for at least 10 seconds,but it finally opened. We wanted to go out to eat down on Broadway so we rode the shuttle. Charles is GREAT! He was very kind and helpful and he gave us tons of info,and he came and picked us up when we got done eating. Also we signed up to be a Starwood Preferred Guest and if you sign up for free you get free internet during your stay. All in all this is a GREAT hotel,best hotel in Nashville.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor if you can we were on the 16th floor with a great view of the city.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Johannes D, Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so very much for your wonderful feedback and for recognizing Johanna, Andrew and Charles. They are our heart and soul and I am lucky to be working with such talented and caring individuals. Please come back to visit soon.
Marietta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

First off, the bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up to take care of my son. Speaking of whom, the room was so spacious that we were able to fit a twin-sized cot mattress on the floor without any danger of tripping. The bathroom was big enough for two, and the place was incredibly quiet considering it's an atrium setup. My only complaint is paying $30 to park in the garage. It's Nashville, not New York City.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view.But you knew that already.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Crossville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I Stayed here last night. 1st the water never got hot in the shower. "Cold". But the reason I am upset is, the I don't give a crap attitude from the young man and woman working the front desk this morning (2-25-15)

Please let me explain. I forgot my jacket late last night in one of the meeting rooms around 12:00 am. I went to the front desk at 7:30 am and asked if anyone turned in a jacket. The answer was no. I explained I left it in one if the meeting rooms upstairs. I needed to be let back in the room. Due to I forgot my jacket AND it had my car keys in the pocket. He acted like he could not due that he didn't know who reserved the meeting room. I explained to him my keys are in the jacket and if it has not been turned in it has to be there. He called a guy to walk upstairs with me. Keep in mind he didn't act like he was at all concerned and I was putting him out. I get up there and it is not there.

I go back down stairs (2nd time) and told him it is not there, again he just looked at me with a blank face. He wasn't about to go out of his way to go a step further to try to help me find it. I asked if I could leave my name and number. He took it after I had to request it. I went back to my room dealing with SLOW elevators, just to double check myself. I then walked back down to front desk (3rd time) requesting from the women if she could help find the name of the person who rented the meeting room so I could talk to them. The answer was no against the rules. Again, I don't give a crap attitude. It wasn't her problem and she wasn't about to help find it.

I get back on the SLOW elevators and find the person over the conference I was attending. She then calls the guy who was over the meeting room (it is now 8:30 am). He tells her that he turned it in to the front desk this morning and they have it downstairs!!!!!

I go to the desk for the 4th time! I asked the woman about my jacket. I told her it was turned in here this morning. Keep in mind I asked them on the 1st trip if had been turned in. She then Goes behind the desk and is gone 2 minutes and appears with my jacket with my keys. TWO MINUTES if that, to go look!!!!!

When I checked out on the 5th trip, she asked me how my stay was. I told her I didn't think it was right that they couldn't look for my jacket better. She said, they thought it was in the room upstairs. I told her I asked if they had it to begin with. I told her I know she doesn't care but it was important to me me that I found my keys.

Honestly for the price $715.00 for three days. That was the room plus self parking. The service sucked and they could have tried to help (pretended to care) or at least walked their lazy butt around the desk in the 1st place to go see if someone turned in. Makes me mad as I am thinking about this.

• Stayed February 2015
I am very sorry for the less than helpful attitude you experienced from our staff in regards to your lost jacket. This will most certainly be addressed. Please reach out to me at jdiele@sheraton-nashville.com so I can be of personal assistance to you.
Kind regards,
Johannes
NEW JERSEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recently stayed at the Sheraton for a business conference. The hotel is approximately 10-15 minutes from the airport and is situated within blocks of the main attractions and night life. Rooms were newly renovated and extremely clean. The staff was top notch, friendly, and overall extremely helpful.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind feedback. Please come back and visit again soon.
Georgetown, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Although we had been to Nashville before, this was our first time staying right downtown where all the action is. Sheraton was a great choice. Within walking distance of everything and newly renovated our room was spacious and clean although the bathroom was a little tight. Great check in and bar staff. Only negative is that the elevators were extremely slow during peak periods. We were on the 18th floor so too high to take the stairs.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Johannes D, Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Your feedback is much appreciated. I am glad you had such a warm welcome at the hotel and that the bar stood out in service. I do apologize for the lengthy elevator wait.

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!