“Beautiful remodel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #51 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Littleton, Colorado
“Beautiful remodel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for business as one of the first after the new remodel and it's definitely now a beautiful place. Handed out champagne as I was checking in and rooms were super clean given we were first person staying in it. Location is great right a short walk from music spots and convention center. Didn't park so don't know policies, didn't try health center.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The room was very nice. The bed was comfortable the view was outstanding. Checking in out out was easy and quick. We self parked in the garage which was and extra cost. The room was kind of expensive but expected when you stay downtown. It's a short walk to heart of downtown but I would recommend getting a cab to go back to the hotel. It's all uphill walking back and it was only $5 for the ride back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel for a night and was very pleased with the overall experience.
The staff were always super friendly and check-in/out was super fast (via booking.com) we also got the room really cheap which was a major plus, as $600 a night is outrageous!
The hotel decor was modern and up-to date and it's located within walking distance of everything you'd want to see.

The only real downside is the elevators as people have expressed, they can take a minute or two to actually arrive at your floor.
And parking - which is $30/$35 depending on valet. But we lucked out and got it free!

If you can find this hotel at a discount price, do not hesitate to stay here.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here last weekend while in town for Dallas Cowboys vs Tennessee Titans game. I was impressed once i first walked in te door.

Staff was great, very nice and helpful in providing details about downtown Nashville. Since it was my first time there, we did need a little help navigating ourselves down to Broadway Street, which turned out to be a 5-10 walk. So with that being said, the location of this hotel is perfect. It is right across from the State Capitol and TN War Memorial.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed a night here last Saturday. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Especially if you like contemporary décor, this hotel is for you. All of the staff with which I interacted were very professional and polite and made sure I knew they were available if I needed anything.

The elevators take forever though. If you're trying to catch an elevator going down, your best bet is to take one going up and then come down with it. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for a significant amount of time as you watch elevators with full cars open and shut on their way down.

Another caveat is the valet parking. Since I only had one bag for my stay, (plus I need the exercise), I self-parked. While trying to make my way to the elevator, a valet came roaring up the parking garage, squealing tires. The squealing had nothing to do with the surface of the garage or the tires, but the gross recklessness of accelerating at an unsafe rate of speed. God forbid a small child come out unexpectedly from behind a parked vehicle. I even said something to him as he drove by. Another employee, whom I didn't see at the time, stated the driver was a "new, stupid valet." This was late at night with few checking in, so there was no urgency for him to have to get back downstairs to park more vehicles. I experienced similar behavior when I was leaving the next morning. I am not a slow driver by any stretch, but if I had tapped my brakes, the valet behind me, returning another vehicle would have had my tailpipe in his forehead.

Other than these two issues, my stay was very acceptable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Huntsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were in Nashville for one night for a concert and wanted a nice hotel close to the Ryman. We also wanted the "downtown hotel experience"--lots of city lights, great view.

We ended up booking a room at the Sheraton. I cannot say enough good about it. They have recently undergone a remodel. I was slightly concerned about there being a lot of noise or dirt, but the remodel was finished by the time we were there.

To keep this concise, let me list the pros of the hotel:
- Modern, stunning lobby.
- Pristinely clean rooms. They have white duvets and linens. Very smart as it is easy to clean white linens AND it is easy for the guest to see at a glance that the bedlinens are clean. The bathroom was clean, the edges around the room, places that collect dust, etc were all clean.
- Large rooms with pleasing, modern design. Our room had a fabulous blue chair that I would love in my own house. The pillows are thick and fluffy. The ac is not very loud at all for a hotel room and it has a thermostat, not a bulky blower by the window.
- Two free bottles of water (It is a small thing, complimentary water, but other hotels will charge you for them.)
- EXCELLENT staff. We were always being attended to. The front staff was beyond accommodating. The valet staff where friendly and helpful. The manager was present, ensuring his guests were taken care of.
- Safe location. It was myself and my 18 year old daughter on a Saturday night. We felt extremely safe. Even at 11 pm during an extremely busy event weekend (PBR rodeo, a free concert, our concert, and other events), the only moment of concern was a single reckless driver. Even the alleys were clear and clean, there were no suspicious loiters anywhere. We went up and down several streets in that area at various times of the day and none gave me pause or concern.
- Excellent location. The arts district, Ryman, museums and memorials, the capital, and Broadway were in easy walking distance, even in heels.
- Making reservations was easy, even though I had a couple of special requests.
- The pool was beautiful and inviting. The exercise facilities looked well stocked and maintained.
- We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot say anything about the food.

Cons
Truly there were none about the hotel stay itself. For us it was wonderful and I am eager to return. It was pricier than staying out of downtown, but more reasonable than others in the area. The only glitch we had is that the shuttle was out of commission the afternoon we were there, but everything was in walking distance anyway.

Notes
Have the valet park your car instead of self parking. It is cheaper and they are very quick.

Room Tip: Our room was on the side with a view of the capital. Excellent view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I were in Nashville over Labor Day for a wedding and decided to gamble with our hotel stay on Hotwire as we often do. Sometimes it's awesome and sometimes not so good. We normally aren't fans of Sheraton hotels but this one did not disappoint! The hotel was easy to find and in a good location. Some other reviews complained about being far away but I personally prefer not to be in the middle of the mayhem. It was only a short walk or drive to nearby bars and restaurants. The renovations were very nice and our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and professional. The valet parking was rather expensive. Other than that we have no complaints and will definitely be back!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again soon!

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!