“Great hotel, but self park your vehicle.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #51 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
“Great hotel, but self park your vehicle.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed a night here last Saturday. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Especially if you like contemporary décor, this hotel is for you. All of the staff with which I interacted were very professional and polite and made sure I knew they were available if I needed anything.

The elevators take forever though. If you're trying to catch an elevator going down, your best bet is to take one going up and then come down with it. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for a significant amount of time as you watch elevators with full cars open and shut on their way down.

Another caveat is the valet parking. Since I only had one bag for my stay, (plus I need the exercise), I self-parked. While trying to make my way to the elevator, a valet came roaring up the parking garage, squealing tires. The squealing had nothing to do with the surface of the garage or the tires, but the gross recklessness of accelerating at an unsafe rate of speed. God forbid a small child come out unexpectedly from behind a parked vehicle. I even said something to him as he drove by. Another employee, whom I didn't see at the time, stated the driver was a "new, stupid valet." This was late at night with few checking in, so there was no urgency for him to have to get back downstairs to park more vehicles. I experienced similar behavior when I was leaving the next morning. I am not a slow driver by any stretch, but if I had tapped my brakes, the valet behind me, returning another vehicle would have had my tailpipe in his forehead.

Other than these two issues, my stay was very acceptable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Huntsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were in Nashville for one night for a concert and wanted a nice hotel close to the Ryman. We also wanted the "downtown hotel experience"--lots of city lights, great view.

We ended up booking a room at the Sheraton. I cannot say enough good about it. They have recently undergone a remodel. I was slightly concerned about there being a lot of noise or dirt, but the remodel was finished by the time we were there.

To keep this concise, let me list the pros of the hotel:
- Modern, stunning lobby.
- Pristinely clean rooms. They have white duvets and linens. Very smart as it is easy to clean white linens AND it is easy for the guest to see at a glance that the bedlinens are clean. The bathroom was clean, the edges around the room, places that collect dust, etc were all clean.
- Large rooms with pleasing, modern design. Our room had a fabulous blue chair that I would love in my own house. The pillows are thick and fluffy. The ac is not very loud at all for a hotel room and it has a thermostat, not a bulky blower by the window.
- Two free bottles of water (It is a small thing, complimentary water, but other hotels will charge you for them.)
- EXCELLENT staff. We were always being attended to. The front staff was beyond accommodating. The valet staff where friendly and helpful. The manager was present, ensuring his guests were taken care of.
- Safe location. It was myself and my 18 year old daughter on a Saturday night. We felt extremely safe. Even at 11 pm during an extremely busy event weekend (PBR rodeo, a free concert, our concert, and other events), the only moment of concern was a single reckless driver. Even the alleys were clear and clean, there were no suspicious loiters anywhere. We went up and down several streets in that area at various times of the day and none gave me pause or concern.
- Excellent location. The arts district, Ryman, museums and memorials, the capital, and Broadway were in easy walking distance, even in heels.
- Making reservations was easy, even though I had a couple of special requests.
- The pool was beautiful and inviting. The exercise facilities looked well stocked and maintained.
- We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot say anything about the food.

Cons
Truly there were none about the hotel stay itself. For us it was wonderful and I am eager to return. It was pricier than staying out of downtown, but more reasonable than others in the area. The only glitch we had is that the shuttle was out of commission the afternoon we were there, but everything was in walking distance anyway.

Notes
Have the valet park your car instead of self parking. It is cheaper and they are very quick.

Room Tip: Our room was on the side with a view of the capital. Excellent view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend and I were in Nashville over Labor Day for a wedding and decided to gamble with our hotel stay on Hotwire as we often do. Sometimes it's awesome and sometimes not so good. We normally aren't fans of Sheraton hotels but this one did not disappoint! The hotel was easy to find and in a good location. Some other reviews complained about being far away but I personally prefer not to be in the middle of the mayhem. It was only a short walk or drive to nearby bars and restaurants. The renovations were very nice and our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and professional. The valet parking was rather expensive. Other than that we have no complaints and will definitely be back!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice option in Nashville. Rooms are big, clean and very stylish. The check in was fast, there is a good looking bar in the lobby. The bed is comfortable and they have robes. Is a good location for business.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really enjoyed the newly remodeled hotel rooms and the friendliness of the valet, front desk, and guest services. However, with it's far north downtown location, I was extremely disappointed that there wasn't much located close by. The immediate area feels very shut down after dark, and I didn't feel safe walking south towards the more vibrant part of the downtown area. There also wasn't a Walgreen's or CVS open after dark to visit within walking distance for personal items (the front desk confirmed that it closes early, "for some odd reason").
I also had an issue with the room lighting when I arrived that involved engineering cutting the cord on the large floor lamp to remove it for repairs as they had no spares. This left the room a bit darker than what I normally prefer. Guest services was very apologetic, which was appreciated.
I'm here often for work, and I am an avid SPG guest, but will need to mark this one off my list for future stays.
What a let down...

Room Tip: All rooms have good views, with higher floors providing great views of Nashville.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I do hope that you give us another chance in the future. Our shuttle is available most nights and is complimentary for guests.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Newly remodeled very comfortable. All the staff was terrific. We used the valet. The hotel offered a free shuttle to the area attractions and the district within a one mile radius. When you are ready to return call and they will come and pick you up. My issue was with the pool area it is not acessible for people with disabilities. At least that I could see. The fitness room seemed quite complete but the pool area was not very appealing several very los lounges and a sofa.

We enjoyed Nashville and the hotel very much.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be renovating the pool and fitness centers next!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was very impressed with this hotel! It has a great location, the owners did an amazing renovation and the service is awesome!!!!! Specifically the front desk is amazing and personable as well as the wait staff in the restaurant. I will defiantly be staying at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown next time I am in Nashville. Great hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!