“Excellent Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #49 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

Newly remodeled very comfortable. All the staff was terrific. We used the valet. The hotel offered a free shuttle to the area attractions and the district within a one mile radius. When you are ready to return call and they will come and pick you up. My issue was with the pool area it is not acessible for people with disabilities. At least that I could see. The fitness room seemed quite complete but the pool area was not very appealing several very los lounges and a sofa.

We enjoyed Nashville and the hotel very much.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be renovating the pool and fitness centers next!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel! It has a great location, the owners did an amazing renovation and the service is awesome!!!!! Specifically the front desk is amazing and personable as well as the wait staff in the restaurant. I will defiantly be staying at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown next time I am in Nashville. Great hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

When we arrived at the hotel, I asked the doorman if they had self parking. What can u say about a hotel that charges $30 to valet park and $35 to self park (yes, u read that correctly!). Kind of a turnoff before u even check in.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback. We have recently updated our parking pricing to $32.00 self and valet. We hope to see you on your next visit to Nashville!
Sanford, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Spent one night here. Was not really impressed. As others have mentioned, the garage is under renovation and self-parking is $35/night while valet parking is $30/night. Getting from the parking lot to the lobby was not the most intuative thing. The lobby looks rather nice and clean. They put me on the 17th floor, and while my room was large and the bed was comfortable and the TV was huge, the carpet had many stains and some of the grout in the shower was coming off. Also, there were several places in the ceiling which had been patched over for watever reason.. The decor was ok, but they had this 1/2 wall length mirror that went from floor to ceiling and I thought it was a bit tacky. I really don't need to see myself that badly.

I thought the food prices were a little exhobanant for what you were getting. A buffet style breakfast was almost $19. You can go around the corner from the hotel and have breakfast for $5-$10.

Checkout was pretty standard and uneventfull.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I will have our engineering team check both the grout and ceiling patches as this is not what our standard rooms include. We strive for continuous improvement and I hope you come back and try us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Hi we stayed here for two days. We were met as we pulled in front by a very gracious staff member who assisted with our luggage and directed us to the checking desk. Again great experience staff person had everything available and within a very short time we were in our room. Room was very clean and nicely decorated in a modern country theme. We received a call from the desk asking if everything was satisfactory. We really enjoy when this type of call comes in. Overall our experience with all the staff was fantastic. Little known tidbit is the State Museum is right across the road. I know that won't thrill many of you but it is an huge museum and is well worth taking a walk.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I am glad our staff was able to assist you and make your stay a great one! Please come back and see us again on your next trip to Nashville!
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a couple nights for a weekend getaway. It was really easy to get to from I-65. I was unsure about nearby parking, so we decided to park at the hotel, which is $35 a day. Really pricey for where you are.

The hotel lobby is beautiful, and everyone from curbside to the front desk was really friendly. The bar was neat too, we had a drink there a couple times before heading out for the night. We didn't order any food from the bar but the drinks were priced similarly to the bars nearby; 5 or 6 bucks for a beer, 10 or 11 for a cocktail. The hotel is only a 5-10 minute walk from bars, Ryman Auditorium, Bridgestone Arena, etc, which was great.

The room was really underwhelming, mostly because it just wasn't clean. If I'm paying 35 bucks a day to park, 11 dollars for a cocktail and around 200-250 a night, I expect my bedroom to be clean. Well, it wasn't. We were in room 910. There were stains on the bedding including sheets and pillow cases. The carpet was worn and pretty filthy. So of course when you find a few things, you look harder. The bathroom had a few hairs laying around on the counter and tub. I definitely didn't expect to find this in this hotel.

I see other reviews saying everything in their room was clean, which is a bummer. I'm jealous of those travelers! We wanted to love the place, but we were pretty dissatisfied with the condition of the room. Next time we're downtown I think we'll stay elsewhere before coming back here.

Room Tip: Pretty neat views all around from the higher floors
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I will follow up with our housekeeping managers as this is unacceptable- we hold all of our rooms to very high standards. The next time you are in Nashville please come back and see us!
Portage, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed from the minute I walked into the hotel. The reception was warm and inviting. The clerk was very friendly and informative. The room was absolutely gorgeous! Great proximity to walk downtown

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your feedback!! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!