“Nice hotel for my stay in Nashville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #46 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Sydney, Australia
“Nice hotel for my stay in Nashville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I stayed for 5 nights while attending a convention at Music City. Staff were all great, I checked in after a very long journey from Sydney and as SPG gold was upgraded to the top floor. Had access to the exec lounge which served a nice breakfast and had canapes/ drinks for a few hours each evening.
My room was spacious, renovated and I liked the new design. Didn't hear any noise from other guests, which was nice (there a re a lot of bachelorette parties in this town!), but the air conditioning was about the loudest I've ever heard in a hotel.
The Sheraton is a few blocks away from the action on Broadway and Second Ave, but it is not far to walk and there is a free shuttle. The setting across the road form the capitol building is actually pretty nice.

Room Tip: You want a "capitol view room". Otherwise beware in summer as 2 sides of the hotel get a l...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the club lounge! Please come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We wanted to stay here because of how close it was to downtown, plus, I love starwood hotels and like to collect the points. The hotel was really nice and the rooms were nice. The decor was great and overall, added to our stay in Nashville- great property. I have a beef though- we were trying to book the next half of our vacation, and really needed wifi, and they refused to comp us. I have a huge problem with hotels that are 4 star and do not give free internet. I stay at best westerns for 1/2 the price that have free wifi. It's the first time I've ever stayed at a 4+ star hotel where when I've asked for wifi they've denied it. I stay at starwood properties a lot (also travel for work), and paying for internet really annoys me, especially if you are staying for more than one night like we were. It's the little things that make you feel like you are at home, and wifi access is one of them.

Room Tip: Try to stay at a room away from the elevators. There are a lot of parties happening usually, and th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We will take your comments into consideration when considering updating our wifi policy. We do have free wifi in our lounge and lobby area for your enjoyment.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed at the hotel while visiting Nashville for business. The hotel was obviously just renovated and it looks great. The woodwork in the lobby is exceptional, the staircase and the bar looks great. The rooms and the bathroom looked fully renovated too. Staff were also very friendly. The hotel location is very convenient. Less than 10 minute walk to the Bridgestone Arena and the downtown area.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

5 minutes after our arrival the valet wrecked my friends truck! Yes they are going to pay for repairs but you would think our stay should be comped right? Wrong! They were unwilling to do anything extra for us! They were rude and defensive about the entire matter. They finally agree to take parking fees off...like that is remotely enough! They say the valet is not part of the hotel that its a private company well they are a sub contractor and any good buisness knows they are responsible for them! Also if you like waiting 20 minutes for an elevator to arrive you will love this place...nothing about it fit the price we payed or the service we received! There were 8 of us staying here too so they have now ensured that anyone we even remotely know will be told not to ever stay here!

• Stayed August 2014
I am very sorry about the incident with valet. They have been in contact with the owner of the vehicle and have reached a resolution that they were fully satisfied with. I do hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable!
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I had the opporutnity to stay at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown hotel for a conference this week. I initially chose to stay at the Sheraton based on their website presentation and the opportunity to gain Starwood points. Bad decision.

Compared to other hotels, the Sheraton is not in the best location - especially when the event is at the new Music City Center. Not a good location for walking to restaurants and honky tonks.

When you enter the property, you feel as if you are stepping back in time. It feels very dated. The lobby lounge is fantastic.

I feared for my life each and every time I took the elevators to my 22nd floor room. The way they moved and the doors opened and closed made them less than trustworthy.

Sleeping room was tired. I understand the rooms were recently redone. Bathroom was OK, bed was comfortable. Carpeting was stained. Towels were frequently dirty. Alarm clock did not work and the tv channels did not match the listing page provided. Room service menu was uninspring.

On the other hand, the service there was absolutely fantastic. The staff could not have been nicer. Door, bell, front desk, room service and housekeeping were some of the nicest people I experienced in the industry. It is a shame the product does not match the service. Usually it is the other way around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view facing East towards downtown...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide the best customer service and I am sorry that you did not enjoy the rest of your stay. We are still making some changes and continue to improve on a dialy basis. I do hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to Nashville!
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

To be fair, I'll begin by saying I had some major billing issues with this hotel which I prefer not to address in this forum, but may have created some bias in my reflection on my experience. That being said, I will make every effort to provide a fair account of my overall experience at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown so my fellow travelers will have good and reliable information when making their travel choices. :)

Pluses: 1) Recently renovated with a central atrium going up multiple stories in the center of the hotel and features glass enclosed elevators. 2) Room was updated and bed was pretty comfortable. 3) Location is convenient to local attractions. 4) Housekeeping service was fairly good - provided plenty of towels and replaced personal care items as needed. (It did take 3 days for them to find the blue sequin that was left on the floor by a previous guest though.) 5) They allow dogs!!!! Not just small dogs, but big dogs too! I saw yorkies and other assorted small breeds, but also saw a german shepard, a chocolate lab, and a border collie! It's great that they allow people to bring their dogs and are one of the few in the area that do. (Note - I was awakened by a dog barking in the early morning hours the first night of my stay, but after that there was no problem). 6) Hotel has a "green" program that will give you $5.00 gift certificate or 500 extra SPG points if you don't have them change your bed linens. 6) Despite the difficulties I had with my bill, the actual check-in/check-out process was fairly smooth.

Minuses: 1) Hotel is under construction so there is no restaurant. It is anticipated that it will re-open this week. During my stay there were some food items that could be purchased in the bar area, and room service was available, but they were pricey. Breakfast buffet with limited selection $14pp and room service selections were "foodie" like, did not offer much in way of good old fashioned snacks, and did I mention....pricey!. 2) Snacks are expensive in the bar, as are drinks. House Chardonnay was $16.50 a glass......at BEST was an $8 pour. 3) If attending a conference there note that there are ample restrooms on floors 1 and 2, but meeting rooms on the 4th, 5th, and 6th floors only had 1 restroom shared by both men and women. 4) Elevators were a nightmare when trying to travel between floors for conference activities, likely due to the number of people attending the conference in my case. Nevertheless, I ended up utilizing the stairs...(ick)...on multiple occasions to ensure I would be at the right place at the right time. 5) Parking is expensive!!! $30 for valet and $35 for self-park (they want you to tip valet). 6) Attempted to get some information and assistance with tickets to a local venue from the concierge, only to be told that the concierge was in an all day meeting....????? 6) Gift shop was literally located in a closet near the gym. 7) The club level is currently undergoing renovations. 8) No free in-room internet. In room Wifi is $14.95 per day.

Overall - I would have to say that my experience with brands in head-to-head competition with Sheraton were much more in line with what I have come to expect from a 4+ star brand, especially in a city the size of Nashville. I likely would not have stayed there had it not been the location of the conference I was attending. Given my billing issues I can honestly state I will not stay there again.

Tips: 1) Sign up for the Starwood Preferred Club. It's free and will get you 25% off your parking and only $25 to upgrade to club level for nicer room, free breakfast, appetizers and complimentary drinks in the evening. 2) Don't eat at the little cafe on the opposite corner of the hotel. Picture a meal prepared by your 5 year old niece and you will get an accurate representation of the lunch we had....LOL! 3) Ask for a room up high for the best views.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room and take advantage of the club upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy to be able to say that we have fixed many of the issues you mentioned. We have a gorgeous brand new gift shop right off of the front desk in the lobby. Our restaurant menu has been completely revamped (more food selections and wine options). Please do come back and see us again- we appreciate your feedback!!
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Recently refurbished , stunning reception , open glass lifts which may be off putting to some . A mistake had been made with our booking but the staff dealt with this brilliantly. The central booking listed our room as having a sofa bed which they don't have so they gave us another room free of charge plus complimentary wifi which is not normally free apart from public areas. 14 dollars a day for three devices otherwise. Room was really nice , very clean and comfortable. Breakfast staff where friendly but a little slow I asked for alternative yogurts on two different days and still waiting. Would stay again I am a spg member but only bottom tier and felt it was a good experience. A five minute walk to broadway where the honey tonk bars are

Room Tip: Join spg and complain if things not exactly as ordered they sorted us out
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am glad that we were able to accomodate you. We hope to see you again soon!