“A so-so experience for a 4 star.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #46 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Illinois
“A so-so experience for a 4 star.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

To be fair, I'll begin by saying I had some major billing issues with this hotel which I prefer not to address in this forum, but may have created some bias in my reflection on my experience. That being said, I will make every effort to provide a fair account of my overall experience at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown so my fellow travelers will have good and reliable information when making their travel choices. :)

Pluses: 1) Recently renovated with a central atrium going up multiple stories in the center of the hotel and features glass enclosed elevators. 2) Room was updated and bed was pretty comfortable. 3) Location is convenient to local attractions. 4) Housekeeping service was fairly good - provided plenty of towels and replaced personal care items as needed. (It did take 3 days for them to find the blue sequin that was left on the floor by a previous guest though.) 5) They allow dogs!!!! Not just small dogs, but big dogs too! I saw yorkies and other assorted small breeds, but also saw a german shepard, a chocolate lab, and a border collie! It's great that they allow people to bring their dogs and are one of the few in the area that do. (Note - I was awakened by a dog barking in the early morning hours the first night of my stay, but after that there was no problem). 6) Hotel has a "green" program that will give you $5.00 gift certificate or 500 extra SPG points if you don't have them change your bed linens. 6) Despite the difficulties I had with my bill, the actual check-in/check-out process was fairly smooth.

Minuses: 1) Hotel is under construction so there is no restaurant. It is anticipated that it will re-open this week. During my stay there were some food items that could be purchased in the bar area, and room service was available, but they were pricey. Breakfast buffet with limited selection $14pp and room service selections were "foodie" like, did not offer much in way of good old fashioned snacks, and did I mention....pricey!. 2) Snacks are expensive in the bar, as are drinks. House Chardonnay was $16.50 a glass......at BEST was an $8 pour. 3) If attending a conference there note that there are ample restrooms on floors 1 and 2, but meeting rooms on the 4th, 5th, and 6th floors only had 1 restroom shared by both men and women. 4) Elevators were a nightmare when trying to travel between floors for conference activities, likely due to the number of people attending the conference in my case. Nevertheless, I ended up utilizing the stairs...(ick)...on multiple occasions to ensure I would be at the right place at the right time. 5) Parking is expensive!!! $30 for valet and $35 for self-park (they want you to tip valet). 6) Attempted to get some information and assistance with tickets to a local venue from the concierge, only to be told that the concierge was in an all day meeting....????? 6) Gift shop was literally located in a closet near the gym. 7) The club level is currently undergoing renovations. 8) No free in-room internet. In room Wifi is $14.95 per day.

Overall - I would have to say that my experience with brands in head-to-head competition with Sheraton were much more in line with what I have come to expect from a 4+ star brand, especially in a city the size of Nashville. I likely would not have stayed there had it not been the location of the conference I was attending. Given my billing issues I can honestly state I will not stay there again.

Tips: 1) Sign up for the Starwood Preferred Club. It's free and will get you 25% off your parking and only $25 to upgrade to club level for nicer room, free breakfast, appetizers and complimentary drinks in the evening. 2) Don't eat at the little cafe on the opposite corner of the hotel. Picture a meal prepared by your 5 year old niece and you will get an accurate representation of the lunch we had....LOL! 3) Ask for a room up high for the best views.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room and take advantage of the club upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy to be able to say that we have fixed many of the issues you mentioned. We have a gorgeous brand new gift shop right off of the front desk in the lobby. Our restaurant menu has been completely revamped (more food selections and wine options). Please do come back and see us again- we appreciate your feedback!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Houghton-le-Spring, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Recently refurbished , stunning reception , open glass lifts which may be off putting to some . A mistake had been made with our booking but the staff dealt with this brilliantly. The central booking listed our room as having a sofa bed which they don't have so they gave us another room free of charge plus complimentary wifi which is not normally free apart from public areas. 14 dollars a day for three devices otherwise. Room was really nice , very clean and comfortable. Breakfast staff where friendly but a little slow I asked for alternative yogurts on two different days and still waiting. Would stay again I am a spg member but only bottom tier and felt it was a good experience. A five minute walk to broadway where the honey tonk bars are

Room Tip: Join spg and complain if things not exactly as ordered they sorted us out
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am glad that we were able to accomodate you. We hope to see you again soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times over the years. The hotel was undergoing some renovations but they did not affect my stay. All of the staff were great. Check-in was painless and efficient. There was a conference going on, so the elevators were crowded but I never waited more than a couple of minutes. The room was clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable. There were free waters and a coffee maker with starbucks coffee in the room. The cups were not replaced after the first day and that was a bummer. The air conditioning worked fine but was loud. The location is close enough to walk to Broadway, the Ryman, Bridgestone Arena, and other downtown attractions. This hotel is becoming slightly dated and I hope that the renovations are addressing this. However, the hotel met our needs and we would stay again.

Stanford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We came to Nashville for a 40th birthday weekend and our group stayed here. The rooms were all clean and no one had a complaint. The staff was so helpful when you needed a taxi or a picture taken! You are a few blocks from the action, but can easily walk or take a quick cab ride for cheap! Highly recommend and will Definately stay here again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us for your 40th birthday! Please come back and see us again soon!
Union Hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed here for a business conference. The hotel was undergoing renovations so it may be unfair to judge at this time. The staff were very friendly so that was a huge plus in my opinion. The bed in my room was comfortable and the bedding seemed new. But I never could get the air conditioning right. It was either too hot or too cold. I heard other guests also complain about this. There were 2 work out areas and a pool. They were nice and seemed to meet the needs of others traveling with me. The main problem that I encountered as a conference attendee was that the elevators were too small to move large numbers of folks between floors. People got very frustrated and would leave a session early to try to get to the next one.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! You are right- we just replaced every single mattress in the hotel! We are also currently working on our HVAC units and will have this problem corrected very shortly. Please do come back and see us again next time!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We spent one night. The quoted price was $229 but with taxes it was about $260. To add insult to injury they charge another $15 for internet and self parking was $30. Spending $305 to spend the night was not worth it. I'm surprised they didn't try to charge me to use the gym which was above average.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We took a long weekend trip to Nashville and stayed at the Sheraton Downtown. The location was excellent, close to the music and shops on Broadway and Second streets. We were also able to walk to the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum and other downtown venues. We used the hotel shuttle a couple of times and it was very fast and easy. The facility is also very good. The view overlooking the city is spectacular. There is some construction being completed now in or near lobby but it was not a problem. We enjoyed Nashville and the Sheraton downtown.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor with a view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Nashville! Come back and see us again!

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!