“Great Hotel, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #39 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I visited this hotel this past weekend with my husband for our anniversary. What a beautiful hotel. The offer a free shuttle to downtown. My husband had been there before the remodeling and said it looks so much better. This was my first time at this hotel and the staff and service was great. Only complaint I have was the parking prices. I personally think it's pretty high but that's just me. It was 35 for self park and 30 for valet so we opted for valet. They retrieved our car pretty quickly except when we checked out. The valet workers were very helpful once they noticed we were waiting for a while so that was nice. Will definitely return

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Anniversary!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Gallatin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I am a bit surprised at some of the negative reviews although a few of them were during the CMA Festival which is probably Nashville's busiest time of the year, so quality could suffer. I've stayed at the Sheraton a few times over the years and have always enjoyed my stay. The hotel remodel is very nicely done with a clean, crisp feel to it. I believe that some of the staff may be newer but they certainly made of for any lack of knowledge with their friendliness and willingness to find a satisfactory answer to your questions or issues. Arlander (I hope the spelling is correct) was the shuttle driver the weekend of our visits and his friendliness and service was exceptional! He drove us over to the Gulch area for dinner and gave us his card to call when we were ready to head back.

If anything wasn't up to par, I would say that the internet connectivity was disappointingly slow. Providing improved connectivity would be a plus. Other than that, the hotel is well located, clean and attractive, with a friendly staff, so no worries about staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are the most quiet.
Torrington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I had our wedding at this hotel. We worked very closely with Johannes Diele for the year prior to the wedding to organize the event. He was absolutely wonderful to work with! Upon arrival, there had been some construction going on due to a recent flooding issue. I was assured that this would be completed prior to my wedding, and it was. We got married in the Legislative Terrace, which was wonderful! Our reception was in Davidson Hall, which the staff did a great job setting up. We had a southern style buffet and our guests really enjoyed the food. The rooms were very nice and newly renovated. The newly renovated bar was gorgeous and a great spot to hang out. The hotel is very modern looking and looks great! The one small complaint I have was that construction was going on, which was a bit distracting at times. I also wish that a continental breakfast was offered. Overall, our wedding was a fantastic event, and I owe a lot of is to Johannes for ensuring everything was perfect! I definitely recommend this hotel for a wedding... a great perk to it as well is that it is a short walk to downtown!

Room Tip: The suite that we stayed in was great!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am so happy that Johannes was able to make your special night a success! Best wishes to you both!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was a little nervous due to the construction I could see was going on, however, I checked in and was very pleasantly surprised. The next day I had a wonderful housekeeper named Laura (spanish I hope I spelled correctly) and her supervisor Jose was very friendly. She said it was her first week, but she did a great job. My room was cleaned very good and they asked me several times did I need anything. I normally stay at the Hilton or Indigo and this was a very nice change. The employees are very friendly and I will be returning. I look forward to seeing the finished products the hotel is still working on.

Room Tip: middle of hotel was my room and had nice view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I am so happy tha tyou had such a great experience at our hotel. We are almost done so come back and see us again soon!
DECATUR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was skeptical about this hotel based on the reviews that I read. Upon entering, I was thoroughly surprised. The lobby was immaculate! The staff were very helpful and customer service friendly. Check in was a breeze. The King bedroom that I was given was great!! The bed was so soft! The decor was contemporary and modern. A beautiful view of Nashville greeted us from the window. The only drawback for me was the smal bathroom, but it worked!! It had a huge mirror and contemporary lighting. The shower was was ok with a huge sprinkling showerhead. It felt great! If not for the small bathroom, I would have givien this hotel 5 stars. The hotel was also within walking distance to the downtown Nashville nightlife!! I will defiunitely book here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

While unpacking after a very long checkin process the door to my room flew open and in walked someone with two spraybottles. She said it looks like this room has already been cleaned. There was no knock or announcement and by the casualness of the "uniform" I was not even sure this was a housekeeper.Someone out side the door had let her into my room!!!! I did not feel it was neccesary to use a flip lock during the day but evidently I was wrong. I advised 2 different front desk agents and their reponse was -she must have been confused.
Security should be of utmost importance. I finally got an apology before I left.
I can overlook the stained carpeting in the room and the construction noise but not security.
Bar and restaurant staff were great--The gentleman in charge of Cars and Shuttles is one of the best employees you have--the bellman and shuttle driviers as well-But the front desk provded extremly slow check in anmd no customer service akills-

Room Tip: Wait ubntil the renovation is complete
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I will use this to coach and train the front desk staff. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your experiences at the hotel. Please come back and see us again soon!
Voorburg, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Great new room. Spacious and clean, but forgotten to vacuum under the bed. The bathroom is very small. The staff is a different story. The valet parking staff was not helpfull at all when we arrived. They were too busy talking with each other. We had to take the luggage out of the car ourselves. The ladies at the frontdesk were not very friendly. I know we were very early and there was no room availeble. No problem. They promised to phone as soon as ours was ready. They did not phone us. They asked at what time we planned to leave at chackoutdate. A very strange question upon arrival. They forgot to give us breakfast vouchers. We felt the ladies wanted to be pretty and hip in a hip enviroment and not taking care of guests. Not the best of first impressions. To be honest the hotel can be a very nice place. But it didn't work for us as far as it concerns hospitality.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I will be sure to use this for constructive feedback for both the valet and front desk. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the service. We strive to provide A++ service to every guest at our hotel.

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!