“Room and Staff were very nice….” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #57 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Room and Staff were very nice….”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Other than that….. it feels like this hotel is having an identity crisis. I believe it's in the middle of a construction overhaul.. but I'm a bit worried if they are almost finished. There is some sort of iceberg-like structure in the lobby that feels like a set-design piece from a stage musical version of The Titanic. Additionally there is a gift shop that is in a broom closet (in all fairness, I think that it's temporary, but it really is a broom closet next to the gym for now). The staff was really nice and the bar food was good. The room was very nice and I slept really well…and that's what mattered on this trip the most!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your review! We are almost done with construction and hope to see you back again soon!

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
McMinnville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Take in consideration that renovations are going on but The food was really good and the waitstaff was excellent but you had to deal with construction noise and dust. Make sure the re-do is over before you pay the high cost of staying here....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ocean Grove, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

After our flight was cancelled, we were actually excited to get back to downtown. Free champagne upon arrival. Front desk was very nice. The hotel opens up to 20+ floors of rooms, still being reno'ed and smelled of paint. We had a standard king room that was decorated very modern and clean. Nice Samsung flat screen, nice decorations, comfortable bed. They offer shuttles to downtown but it is a downhill 10minute (not even) walk. Walking back up was tough ;) the only thing I found weird was no free wifi. They also Do Not have airport shuttle services, but taxis are waiting around the corner. It was 25$standard plus 1$ for every extra person. Not bad at all. I will definitely stay again on next visit to Nashville.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bear, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

The Good:
Lobby is beautiful, rooms are modern with views to die for, nice white and blue/grey themes, clean clear lines to the bathrooms, free bottled water, large HD TV., thick doona's/comfortors, lovely crisp sheets, grey fluffy carpet, nearly black out curtains, a cute retro chair with stool, carger plug near your bed...free champagne on arrival...reduced prices on wines in the bar
The Bad:
Noisy as a prop jet aircraft airconditioning, paper cups in the room for your coffee machine...its not a krugel, why these front desk clerks insist on giving people double tiny beds when we travel on business alone is beyond me...but if I ask for a king/queen bed...please look...bc I CAN NOT sleep well in a tiny double bed...Im not used to it and it would be really appreciated if you could at least try your best to find me a spare one,....or let me know if theres a cancellation....please???  none of this occured...just some young clerk advised me just double double rooms are left...the renovations are non stop and it was soul destroying whilst trying to eat your breakfast...may as well sit on 95 it would be less noisy...the indoor pool is COLD...couldnt swim in it...

with all this being brought to your attention in conclusion I would suggest you check prices...check other nice places that have available rooms...nothing worse than getting a small double bed to sleep in when you asked as kindly as possible to change rooms...and those renovations duriing breakfast time was way too much for my ears...especially after hearing the noise of the air conditioners rattling all night.

however....this hotel once it is finished will be lovely....just too inflexible for me to give it 5 stars. - it's a shame....bc I really love hotels where the staff are not counting beans and slotting their guests into levels of care categories. If u know what I mean

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We arrived at 6:30 and were in a hurry to get to our room.

The hotel was obviously very busy, and every hotel in downtown Nashville was completely booked for an art festival.

Understandably, our room wasn't ready. Monique at the from desk offered a complimentary drink at the bar and I accepted.

I joked to a guy at the bar that I had only gotten a ticket for myself and not one for my wife. Five minutes later, when my wife joined me at the bar, the bartender politely said, "I understand you didn't get two drink tickets, I'll talk care of you" and offered her a free drink as well.

The attentive staff helped us get our bags to the room - Monique even scurried over to press the elevator button ahead of the bellman just to speed the process. The bellmen and valet service have been wonderful.

The room was fantastic - the city view was amazing and we've been very pleased with our stay.

Stayed July 2014
Robinson, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Hotel was outstanding they cater to your every needs as soon as you walk through the door loved the room they all have very nice views of Nashville it is in walking distance to every thing the state capital building is across the road and the best place to get a barbeque is at Jack's if you like to relax and listen to country music downtown is the place to be they have Ledgends a bar which we thought to be our favorite but there are so many more with live bands and food we went on the 4th of July and the fireworks show was spectacular.

Room Tip: they have 28 floors the ones on the top to me are the best as far as views,privacy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The renovation was decent, but the bathroom left a bit to be desired. The tub was slightly clogged and it never felt clean, but the biggest problem was the service. The first night after we checked in we were told we needed to switch rooms (this is around 1 AM) for no apparent reason other than it seemed like we were mistakenly put in the wrong room from the beginning. I was never really sure what went wrong, but after about 30 minutes at the front desk they finally realized they didn't need to change our room. The next night, the same thing happened and I had to spend about 30 minutes at the front desk trying to help them figure out the issue. Lastly, we had booked several rooms for friends, and despite us all giving them separate credit cards and specifically asking that our card not be charged for the other rooms, the day after getting home, I found multiple charges on my credit card for the other rooms. We spent an hour on the phone with them trying to get it fixed, which they did take off some of the charges, but i'm not sure we have actually been charged the correct amount. Also, there is no real concierge service, they rely on the front desk workers to suffice for it, and they were not really very helpful at all.

The only positive about the hotel was the valet and shuttle service. They were very prompt and helpful with getting around nashville

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!